Page 1 of 287 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries

Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

For the sake of those who wish to discuss Citi Field for its architecture, aesthetics, and whatnot in the "Citi Field" thread, this will be the place to discuss tickets, prices, packages, plans, seating views, concessions, etc.

And before anyone speaks up about the thread which used to be here for that purpose, it's duly noted. This is Point Zero for all new discussion.
    Last edited by milladrive; 04-25-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Has anyone tried the hot pastrami on rye stand yet? It is behind the 130's sections on the field level. I had it for the first time last week and enjoyed it very much. My next stop is the reuben from the Caesar's club next week.

I was at the double header yesterday and tried the new fried chicken sandwich from Blue Smoke in the first game. I liked it though the bread and lettuce were the weak spot. I also had my first Shake Shack double in the second game of the doubleheader. I also got a free Pepsi for signing up to be a designated driver. Also, the corndog and empanada from Nathan's are small and overpriced.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Met addict View Post
    Has anyone tried the hot pastrami on rye stand yet? It is behind the 130's sections on the field level. I had it for the first time last week and enjoyed it very much. My next stop is the reuben from the Caesar's club next week.
    I had the pastrami yesterday and it was the highlight of the day. The carver dude took a long time but seemed like nice guy. Probably, he was poorly trained and thank god he did not slice his fingers.

Had the crab cake sandwich and popcorn shrimp from Catch of the Day the other night. Very tasty. The crab cake is overpriced at $15 but the shrimp at $10.50 is reasonable (relatively speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by Met addict View Post
    I haven't had the stand-based pastrami sandwhich yet, but I had the CC Reuben at the rainout on Tuesday. Really good. Especially since they didn't make it with Russian dressing, I like it with mustard, and Gold's is a good mustard.

Let us know if there's any qualitative difference between the two!
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Blue Smoke re-introduced their Chipotle Wings. They had them two years ago, took them off the menu last year, and then decided to bring them back. I like their wings, so I'm glad they did this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Had the crab cake sandwich and popcorn shrimp from Catch of the Day the other night. Very tasty. The crab cake is overpriced at $15 but the shrimp at $10.50 is reasonable (relatively speaking).
    Actually that "very tasty" Crab cake and popcorn shrimp from Catch of last year cost you over 100 dollars per person when you throw in price of tickets, parking and gas. What it really comes down to is, since the team sucks so bad and you can't sit there and watch them play, the tickets and parking are the coverage charge for the privilege of dining at Chez Wilpon. Citi Field is basically the equivalent to that restaurant on the water or the one with a spectacular view that charges a fortune even though the food is mediocre but you still go for the ambiance.

Now that I think about it, Citi Field should qualify as a restaurant. So what I'm thinking is perhaps since the place hasn't been doing well since it opened up, we could get Gordon Ramsey to come in and fix the place up! I could only imagine the horrified look on is face when he sees all those tacky ads slapped up all around Chez Wilpon. Not exactly an inviting experience for such a high class restaurant. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Actually that "very tasty" Crab cake and popcorn shrimp from Catch of last year cost you over 100 dollars per person when you throw in price of tickets, parking and gas. What it really comes down to is, since the team sucks so bad and you can't sit there and watch them play, the tickets and parking are the coverage charge for the privilege of dining at Chez Wilpon. Citi Field is basically the equivalent to that restaurant on the water or the one with a spectacular view that charges a fortune even though the food is mediocre but you still go for the ambiance.

Now that I think about it, Citi Field should qualify as a restaurant. So what I'm thinking is perhaps since the place hasn't been doing well since it opened up, we could get Gordon Ramsey to come in and fix the place up! I could only imagine the horrified look on is face when he sees all those tacky ads slapped up all around Chez Wilpon. Not exactly an inviting experience for such a high class restaurant. Yes?
    I think we all get that you don't care for the Mets product nowadays - I have no problem with that. That's your decision. But deriding other people's choice to attend games is really disrespectful. There are people on this forum, myself included, who still enjoy attending games despite the poor performance by the team. You probably view us with disdain - so be it. I enjoy the experience and no one, particularly you, should feel qualified to tell me how to spend my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    why not just go to lenny's? bet the "catch" is better there...

mmmmm Lenny's!!! Love that commercial! Ha Ha I grew up in Huntington and the Lenny's Clam Bar was right around the corner from where I lived. Remember going there all the time with my parents. But the one in Huntington has been gone for at least 25 years, not sure if the others are still around? And yes I'm sure the catch of the day was much better there than the overpriced crap of the day that they're peddling at Citi Field.

Sorry John, didn't mean to insult a fellow Conservative.

I have no problems with you going to the games, actually I'm happy that you are going because I love baseball too. But it should be about baseball, not "tasty crab cakes." When did talk about baseball become synonymous with "fine" dining? I missed that memo. But I do know that owners like the Wilpons jack up ticket prices because of all the extra amenities that are at ballparks nowadays. That kills it for fans like me who just want to see baseball and are happy with a hot dog and a beer. So as long as you keep on raving about "tasty crab cakes," owners will continue to fill the parks up with all of these special items which in turn jacks up the ticket prices for fans who prefer not to take out loans just want to watch a baseball game. Understand?
    1. So just get a dog and a beer, no one forces you to buy tasty crab cakes. I don't
    2. Some of the best seats in the house are in the second cheapest price level. Plus 504 and 524 are not that bad.
    3. Team owners are going to shoot the prices as high as they feel they can to make as much money as they can. And when they miss ( like the Mets did ) the secondary market and ticket specials create a price correction. That's how capitalism works.
    4. I don't see the connection between on concourse upscale food concessions and higher ticket prices. Shoving Delta Club into the stratosphere is a different story.
    5. Since the day NYS and Citi opened seats for all but a few games are available below face.

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    1. So just get a dog and a beer, no one forces you to buy tasty crab cakes. I don't
    2. Some of the best seats in the house are in the second cheapest price level. Plus 504 and 524 are not that bad.
    3. Team owners are going to shoot the prices as high as they feel they can to make as much money as they can. And when they miss ( like the Mets did ) the secondary market and ticket specials create a price correction. That's how capitalism works.
    4. I don't see the connection between on concourse upscale food concessions and higher ticket prices. Shoving Delta Club into the stratosphere is a different story.
    5. Since the day NYS and Citi opened seats for all but a few games are available below face.
    My sentiments exactly. As for #4, the Nats are putting in a Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, Taqueria and a Box Frites this season. I'm guessing that their food prices will all be comparable to Citi Field (maybe slightly cheaper than CF) but I doubt if their ticket prices will go up significantly as a result.

I know that there had been a discussion on the other thread about SCOREBIG.COM, i was wondering if anyone had tried doing it, how it worked and what the lowest prices anyone ever got for the expensive seats was

Quote Originally Posted by mets215 View Post
    I know that there had been a discussion on the other thread about SCOREBIG.COM, i was wondering if anyone had tried doing it, how it worked and what the lowest prices anyone ever got for the expensive seats was
    I won a pair of Baseline box to the second home game of the year for $39.54 all in. At the time I bid that was just slightly less than the pair would have run on SH.

Paper seats were Fedexed overnight, face value $7.30 each. posted in the other forum. Scorebig said if game rained out or cancelled they would make it right.

I had some bids rejected @ 80-90% StubHub so I don't know how low they are willing to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sheagoodbye1010 View Post
    I had the pastrami yesterday and it was the highlight of the day. The carver dude took a long time but seemed like nice guy. Probably, he was poorly trained and thank god he did not slice his fingers.
    Hand-carved? That's an excellent sign right there. If it's a good quality, home-cured pastrami and not commercial, then it'll be a winner. Katz's Deli, the king of pastrami, is one of the few, if not only, delis remaining that hand carves their pastrami and corned beef (against the grain) instead of using a slicing machine. 100x tenderer this way.

Nobody has pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Petemc1969 View Post
    The one in Howard Beach is still there.
    Sure is. Was there a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't been there in ages. We had scungilli, calamari, baked clams and linguine with white clam sauce - the works. Wasn't too bad, but I've had much, much better. Randazzo's in Sheepshead Bay kicks Lenny's butt, dish by dish in case anyone's interested.

2. Some of the best seats in the house are in the second cheapest price level.
    This is false.

Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    This is false.
    Prove it......

Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
    Sure is. Was there a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't been there in ages. We had scungilli, calamari, baked clams and linguine with white clam sauce - the works. Wasn't too bad, but I've had much, much better. Randazzo's in Sheepshead Bay kicks Lenny's butt, dish by dish in case anyone's interested.
    No contest. Randazzo's has the best red sauce in the friggin' universe

Sorry John, didn't mean to insult a fellow Conservative.
    What's conservative about enjoying a ball game? Plenty o' other stripes like it too....let's keep politics out of this!
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Prove it......
    I get it, there's no factual data to back up my false claim. But using some common sense, it's foolish to think that seats in the 500's behind the plate are some of the "best seats in the house." Maybe best value, but i think if you had to choose you'd pick delta club, champions, caesars gold, and promenade club over those seats. And I didn't even get to caesars silver, metro box behind the dugouts, or even field box.

So IN MY OPINION, your claim was inaccurate.

I was reading Zack Hample's blog and there was an interesting blog post where he takes on-field batting practice at PNC Park with season ticket holders after the regular season ended in October. They have batting practice from a pitching machine, former players on hand and some sort of meal. I would love to see season ticket holders do this at Citi Field. "Take batting practice at Citi Field, watch your line drives die at the warning track and meet Nick Evans!"

http://snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com...e-at-pnc-park/
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Here you go, although not an article about the Mets this is proof that its them dumping tickets onto Stub Hub. Now Ticketmaster wants a piece of the action...

Ticketmaster rolls out 'dynamic' ticket pricing

By RYAN NAKASHIMA, AP Business Writer – 1 hr 42 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Event tickets seller Ticketmaster said Monday that it is introducing new technology to let artists and sports teams raise or lower ticket prices to reflect demand during the initial sales period — a move it said will crimp the profits of scalpers and boost revenue for performers and teams.
    The technology could push up initial prices for front-row seats while reducing prices on less-desirable ones that might have gone unsold otherwise.
    Ticketmaster, a division of Live Nation Entertainment Inc., says the change should make it harder for anyone to send prices soaring by buying up all the best tickets and reselling them at substantial profit.
    "When the fan experience is not clouded by scalpers grabbing seats, or when there's more options for fans to come to a better show, that has a great impact on our business," Ticketmaster Chief Executive Nathan Hubbard said in an interview.
    The company already is testing the system, known as "dynamic pricing," with several professional baseball, basketball and hockey teams. Ticketmaster plans to roll it out at some North American venues in the middle of the summer concert season this year. A data analysis company called MarketShare helped create the pricing tool.
    The San Francisco Giants baseball team started using a dynamic pricing system created by a company called Qcue Inc. in 2009. The team found that adjusting prices in real time to reflect sales data, league standings and which opposing team was visiting helped sell more tickets.
    Qcue, which is not involved with Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing offering, now serves more than 20 teams in pro baseball, hockey, basketball and auto racing.
    Its founder and CEO, Barry Kahn, said Ticketmaster's biggest challenge is bringing the system to the music industry, where there has been a "dysfunctional relationship" between artists, their promoters, and venues.
    Since Ticketmaster's merger with Live Nation last year, however, the combined company now has all three functions under one roof, meaning the divisions should be able to work together, he said.
    StubHub, the world's largest reseller of tickets and a subsidiary of eBay Inc., said dynamic pricing for sports events has not cut into its business. Tickets that command high prices on the initial sale tend to sell at even higher prices on the resale market because they're in limited supply, according to StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman.
    And, when seats that aren't as good are priced even more cheaply, more tickets get sold, he said.
    "Any kind of system that leads to lower prices, that is a good thing for fans," Lehrman said.
    Live Nation's revenue fell 9 percent in 2010 as concert ticket sales dropped, even though it tried to get more people through turnstiles by cutting ticket prices. The company has said it expects global ticket sales to be flat in 2011, compared with an 8 percent decline last year, when it sold 120 million tickets.
    Live Nation shares fell 14 cents, or 1.4 percent, to close at $9.73 Monday.

Here you go, although not an article about the Mets this is proof that its them dumping tickets onto Stub Hub. Now Ticketmaster wants a piece of the action...

Ticketmaster rolls out 'dynamic' ticket pricing

By RYAN NAKASHIMA, AP Business Writer – 1 hr 42 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Event tickets seller Ticketmaster said Monday that it is introducing new technology to let artists and sports teams raise or lower ticket prices to reflect demand during the initial sales period — a move it said will crimp the profits of scalpers and boost revenue for performers and teams.
    The technology could push up initial prices for front-row seats while reducing prices on less-desirable ones that might have gone unsold otherwise.
    Ticketmaster, a division of Live Nation Entertainment Inc., says the change should make it harder for anyone to send prices soaring by buying up all the best tickets and reselling them at substantial profit.
    "When the fan experience is not clouded by scalpers grabbing seats, or when there's more options for fans to come to a better show, that has a great impact on our business," Ticketmaster Chief Executive Nathan Hubbard said in an interview.
    The company already is testing the system, known as "dynamic pricing," with several professional baseball, basketball and hockey teams. Ticketmaster plans to roll it out at some North American venues in the middle of the summer concert season this year. A data analysis company called MarketShare helped create the pricing tool.
    The San Francisco Giants baseball team started using a dynamic pricing system created by a company called Qcue Inc. in 2009. The team found that adjusting prices in real time to reflect sales data, league standings and which opposing team was visiting helped sell more tickets.
    Qcue, which is not involved with Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing offering, now serves more than 20 teams in pro baseball, hockey, basketball and auto racing.
    Its founder and CEO, Barry Kahn, said Ticketmaster's biggest challenge is bringing the system to the music industry, where there has been a "dysfunctional relationship" between artists, their promoters, and venues.
    Since Ticketmaster's merger with Live Nation last year, however, the combined company now has all three functions under one roof, meaning the divisions should be able to work together, he said.
    StubHub, the world's largest reseller of tickets and a subsidiary of eBay Inc., said dynamic pricing for sports events has not cut into its business. Tickets that command high prices on the initial sale tend to sell at even higher prices on the resale market because they're in limited supply, according to StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman.
    And, when seats that aren't as good are priced even more cheaply, more tickets get sold, he said.
    "Any kind of system that leads to lower prices, that is a good thing for fans," Lehrman said.
    Live Nation's revenue fell 9 percent in 2010 as concert ticket sales dropped, even though it tried to get more people through turnstiles by cutting ticket prices. The company has said it expects global ticket sales to be flat in 2011, compared with an 8 percent decline last year, when it sold 120 million tickets.
    Live Nation shares fell 14 cents, or 1.4 percent, to close at $9.73 Monday.
    I don't disagree that the Mets are dumping on StubHub, but how is Ticketmasters plan to use dynamic pricing proof of that?

Quote Originally Posted by foulpole View Post
    I don't disagree that the Mets are dumping on StubHub, but how is Ticketmasters plan to use dynamic pricing proof of that?
    Because in the article it mentions a team, the San Francisco Giants that have been doing this since 2009. Finally its made public that a team is actually putting tickets online that reflect current market value.

I'm sure Mets season ticket holders would have loved this information before plucking down top dollar during the offseason. Mets knew before the season that they were going to join the many teams that have already been doing this, so in a way they were deceiving their fans. It's one thing if a fan puts a ticket on stub hub for less value, but when a team does it this now changes the entire dynamic of how they sell tickets in the future. Should be interesting next offseason if they continue to suck. Unless you're mainly going for the "tasty crab cakes," why would any fan buy season tickets next year?

Page 1 of 287 1231151101 ... LastLast