Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries

Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

For the sake of those who wish to discuss Citi Field for its architecture, aesthetics, and whatnot in the "Citi Field" thread, this will be the place to discuss tickets, prices, packages, plans, seating views, concessions, etc.

And before anyone speaks up about the thread which used to be here for that purpose, it's duly noted. This is Point Zero for all new discussion.
    Last edited by milladrive; 04-25-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    For the sake of those who wish to discuss Citi Field for its architecture, aesthetics, and whatnot, this will be the place to discuss ticket prices, acquisitions, concessions, etc.

And before anyone speaks up about the thread which used to be here for that purpose, it's dually noted. This is point zero for all new discussion.
    Isn't this better suited for the Mets forum?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    I thought about that, but the problem is it would be way too much work for me to redirect all the posts which would inevitably show up in the existing thread without even being aware there's a thread there. Odds are once this thread gets underway and has a foothold, I'll move this thread to the Mets forum and leave a permanent redirect here.
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Has anyone tried the hot pastrami on rye stand yet? It is behind the 130's sections on the field level. I had it for the first time last week and enjoyed it very much. My next stop is the reuben from the Caesar's club next week.

I was at the double header yesterday and tried the new fried chicken sandwich from Blue Smoke in the first game. I liked it though the bread and lettuce were the weak spot. I also had my first Shake Shack double in the second game of the doubleheader. I also got a free Pepsi for signing up to be a designated driver. Also, the corndog and empanada from Nathan's are small and overpriced.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Anyone who goes to a Mets game this point forward needs to have their head examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Met addict View Post
    Has anyone tried the hot pastrami on rye stand yet? It is behind the 130's sections on the field level. I had it for the first time last week and enjoyed it very much. My next stop is the reuben from the Caesar's club next week.
    I had the pastrami yesterday and it was the highlight of the day. The carver dude took a long time but seemed like nice guy. Probably, he was poorly trained and thank god he did not slice his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    I was at the double header yesterday and tried the new fried chicken sandwich from Blue Smoke in the first game. I liked it though the bread and lettuce were the weak spot. I also had my first Shake Shack double in the second game of the doubleheader. I also got a free Pepsi for signing up to be a designated driver. Also, the corndog and empanada from Nathan's are small and overpriced.
    I gave up soda for Lent, but on the way out they gave us 4 cans of Pepsi Max. And I usually sign up for the designated driver too. Every little bit counts.

Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    Anyone who goes to a Mets game this point forward needs to have their head examined.
    if you get freebies, and just want a day out, it's really not a bad time. I survived the Jim Fregosi era and then the Lenny Randle era, and the Richie Hebner era. I'll survive this too.

Had the crab cake sandwich and popcorn shrimp from Catch of the Day the other night. Very tasty. The crab cake is overpriced at $15 but the shrimp at $10.50 is reasonable (relatively speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    No, because this is about the stadium. If you just want to watch the game and don't really care about the ticketing aspects - pricing, locations, views from the seats, &c. - and if you don't care about eating at the game (or you're the type of person who just wants whatever they've got at the nearest concession stand - and there's nothing wrong with that mindset), there shouldn't be anything of interest in this thread for you.

To take it to the extreme - the Mets forum is for someone who would be just as happy watching a local pickup game in a neighborhood park, whereas "Ballparks, Stadiums & Green Diamonds" is for those who would be happy walking around the place even if nothing was happening on the field (and by that, I mean no game, I'm not referring to the Mets' current performance ).
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    I called the Mets and got more info on this one.

1 - You can redeem the vouchers at the ticket window at any time, not just day-of-game for the games you want.

2 - There is no date restriction, but ticket selection may be more limited depending on the game you choose.

3 - The seating categories being given out are: LF Reserved, Baseline Box, Caesars Club.

4 - The vouchers are four 4 tickets to the same game, you cannot break them up to 2 pairs to 2 different games in the same month.
    Resuming this discussion that started on the CF thread.

I just got back from the CF box office and I can confirm all of the above. I ended up trading in my May voucher for Caesars Club 331 for May 7. I also traded in my June voucher for Caesars Club 331 for June 18. Not bad for freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Met addict View Post
    I haven't had the stand-based pastrami sandwhich yet, but I had the CC Reuben at the rainout on Tuesday. Really good. Especially since they didn't make it with Russian dressing, I like it with mustard, and Gold's is a good mustard.

Let us know if there's any qualitative difference between the two!
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    No, because this is about the stadium. If you just want to watch the game and don't really care about the ticketing aspects - pricing, locations, views from the seats, &c. - and if you don't care about eating at the game (or you're the type of person who just wants whatever they've got at the nearest concession stand - and there's nothing wrong with that mindset), there shouldn't be anything of interest in this thread for you.

To take it to the extreme - the Mets forum is for someone who would be just as happy watching a local pickup game in a neighborhood park, whereas "Ballparks, Stadiums & Green Diamonds" is for those who would be happy walking around the place even if nothing was happening on the field (and by that, I mean no game, I'm not referring to the Mets' current performance ).
    That's actually not a bad explanation. Perhaps I'll leave it here after all. Perhaps.

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by chedda man View Post
    Well, I've already spent the money on tickets, I enjoy going to the ballpark, and I'd still be following the game anyway if only on the radio or iPhone through at least August regardless of how sorry they look after 12 games.

Speaking of which, despite going 1-7 for their opening home stand after a season when they went 47-34 at home, my ticket sales somehow picked up. I sold three games this past week at (since Saturday 4/9) at very small gains or losses:

- A pair of tickets in CCS (326 row 4) to Thursday, 5/05 vs. the Giants for $95 (I paid $108)
    - Six tickets in PRI (515 row 10) to Saturday, 5/07 vs. the Dodgers for $140 (I paid $135)
    - Six tickets in PRI (515 row 10) to Monday, 9/26 vs. the Reds for $75 (I paid $81)

That last one really surprised me. I listed for $95 for the set of 6 on eBay a long time ago as "Buy It Now or Best Offer", forgot about it, then got offered $75 yesterday, which I took. I figured between the way the season is going in April, plus the apparent ease of getting ridiculously good tickets for $10-15 (Caesars Silver or better) on StubHub for Value games so far, they'd be eaten or donated for sure.

In fact to my surprise, I find that I'm doing considerably better in resales this year than last. I'm down to dealing with just 2 pairs of "Classic Tier" tickets to move from my season plans: a pair in 326/4 for Friday 6/03 vs. the Braves, a pair in 515/10 for Monday 8/30 vs. the Marlins, and 6 Saturday games that I have solo tickets to dump in 515/10 (and usually do for $5 or so under face on SH a few days before the game date). Even if I eat those tickets completely for $0 back, I'd only be $160 in the hole over the whole season; selling them at a 45% discount would result in a break even year. Considering I paid the Mets $13,095 between my two ticket plans (2x FSTs in CCS and 6x SATs in PRI), that's not bad at all. (It helped greatly that I don't have any interest in attending the Yankees games.)

If that were the whole picture, I'd be happy to renew for 2012 (assuming I don't lose my plan sharers). What's really going to hurt is seeing how many games I go to at a 10% plan discount that I could either have gone to for far less, or else paid the same amount and sat in far better seats. They haven't discounted/dumped weekend tickets or tickets beyond April yet but who doubts that it will happen? (I'll be keeping score regardless.) That will be the deal breaker, because if I'm still willing to pay thousands of dollars up front (my total personal layout for tickets at plan cost for 2011 is about $3,550) to go see a lousy team play in this ballpark 25+ times a year with my family and friends, I should not be sitting four price categories of seats apart from day-of-game buyers who paid the same amount for the same set of games.

Giving me 12 free tickets in April-June when I already have all the tickets I need (and after half the April games are done, and when I'm out of town for all but the last 2 April games) doesn't really sweeten the pot that much, though maybe it will help to keep my plan sharers happy if they claim them.
    Last edited by robardin; 04-15-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Resuming this discussion that started on the CF thread.

I just got back from the CF box office and I can confirm all of the above. I ended up trading in my May voucher for Caesars Club 331 for May 7. I also traded in my June voucher for Caesars Club 331 for June 18. Not bad for freebies.
    I haven't gotten my package yet and will leave town on Saturday AM, only returning about 11:30pm on Friday 4/22, already have 5x tickets to Saturday 4/23, and have Easter activities on Sunday 4/24 that preclude going to a game at Citi Field. So I guess I will not be redeeming my voucher for 4 free tix in April.

Unless I were to redeem them on game day for tickets with club access just to have club access, and trust that flashing 4 tickets with an extra one mixed in will get the 5 of us into the Caesars or Acela Club in case it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    That's actually not a bad explanation. Perhaps I'll leave it here after all. Perhaps.
    Who cares about discussing Mets ticket prices, deals, discounts, packages, etc.? Those who are buying or have bought, or are thinking or have thought of buying tickets. And what are those tickets for? Admission to Citi Field, the home ballpark of the New York Mets. What else are those tickets good for? Absolutely nothing (say it again).

When people veer into rants about the team ownership or speculate on how ticket sales will force player roster moves or whether they feel it's worth the cost/effort of going to the ballpark at these prices/with this team, it does becomes a gray area. But discussing pre-sale opportunities or fan codes and comparing ticket plans versus secondary market opportunities is useful for anybody thinking of buying tickets to go to a game at Citi Field, or thinking of of buying ticket plans in the future.

And discussing concessions is definitely a purely ballpark related thing. It is in fact a major part of the Citi Field experience at the present time. So to be talking about food options at the Caesars Club or menu changes at Catch of the Day in another forum, would be a bit odd.
    Last edited by robardin; 04-15-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks for creating this thread! To visit the Citi Field thread and not have to read about ticket plans will be a welcome breath of fresh air!

Blue Smoke re-introduced their Chipotle Wings. They had them two years ago, took them off the menu last year, and then decided to bring them back. I like their wings, so I'm glad they did this.

FST here. Had sold the tix to the rainout on SH because I'm a tax guy and this is my busiest week. Well, SH sent me an e-mail that they cancelled the transaction and gave the buyer his money back due to the rainout. And, the Mets don't want to put the value of the tix on a gift card for me (a FST courtesy they offer) because the tix were sold and the barcodes deactivated.

So, each of these glorious organizations is pointing me to the other guy and claiming "not my problem", whilst yours truly is stuck in the middle holding worthless cardboard. Another marvelous example of A-1 customer service.

So now I have to fight. I might even win. My rep is "looking into it."

But, couldn't the Mets have actually stepped up and done the right thing up front?

Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    FST here. Had sold the tix to the rainout on SH because I'm a tax guy and this is my busiest week. Well, SH sent me an e-mail that they cancelled the transaction and gave the buyer his money back due to the rainout. And, the Mets don't want to put the value of the tix on a gift card for me (a FST courtesy they offer) because the tix were sold and the barcodes deactivated.

So, each of these glorious organizations is pointing me to the other guy and claiming "not my problem", whilst yours truly is stuck in the middle holding worthless cardboard. Another marvelous example of A-1 customer service.

But, couldn't the Mets have actually stepped up and done the right thing up front?

Nah.
    Mister B

This goes beyond inept. Here there are selling tickets in your category for $10 each...entire rows of 24 seats in sections 310 for $10 each, and they start playing around with your full season tickets that you put up front money at full price ! It's bad enough that there are 50% off discounts up until June 23rd in your category, but those amazing $10 tickets take the cake. And to top it off, they are giving you a hard time for one game? Unreal.

Nah.
    Can't you go back to the TO and exchange those tix (cardboard) for another game for up to 1 year or are they going to check the barcodes on you and make a stink about you reselling? The game was rained out so no one went! I did the same thing - flipped that game for a loss (I went to the Knicks-Bulls instead), received the same email but I plan to exchange those tix (hard cardboard) for maybe something on OD next year. Am I going to have a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Can't you go back to the TO and exchange those tix (cardboard) for another game for up to 1 year or are they going to check the barcodes on you and make a stink about you reselling? The game was rained out so no one went! I did the same thing - flipped that game for a loss (I went to the Knicks-Bulls instead), received the same email but I plan to exchange those tix (hard cardboard) for maybe something on OD next year. Am I going to have a problem?
    When I called, they said that once the barcodes have been deactivated, that's it, they can't do anything at the window. We both seemed to agree that SH cancelling the transaction after the fact woud not magically reactivate the barcodes for an unplayed game whose date has passed. Therefore I would "probably" have a problem at the ticket window even if I produced the SH cancellation letter.

So, I e-mailed my rep, who said she'd "look into it." What I wanted to hear was "no problem, I'll take care of this for you", not "I'll look into it" which basically means "I'll ask my boss and if he / she says no, you're out of luck."

So, we'll see what happens. But it's just sooo typical, everything has to be a problem with these guys.

When I called, they said that once the barcodes have been deactivated, that's it, they can't do anything at the window. We both seemed to agree that SH cancelling the transaction after the fact woud not magically reactivate the barcodes for an unplayed game whose date has passed. Therefore I would "probably" have a problem at the ticket window even if I produced the SH cancellation letter.

So, I e-mailed my rep, who said she'd "look into it." What I wanted to hear was "no problem, I'll take care of this for you", not "I'll look into it" which basically means "I'll ask my boss and if he / she says no, you're out of luck."

So, we'll see what happens. But it's just sooo typical, everything has to be a problem with these guys.
    Please let us know what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Had the crab cake sandwich and popcorn shrimp from Catch of the Day the other night. Very tasty. The crab cake is overpriced at $15 but the shrimp at $10.50 is reasonable (relatively speaking).
    Actually that "very tasty" Crab cake and popcorn shrimp from Catch of last year cost you over 100 dollars per person when you throw in price of tickets, parking and gas. What it really comes down to is, since the team sucks so bad and you can't sit there and watch them play, the tickets and parking are the coverage charge for the privilege of dining at Chez Wilpon. Citi Field is basically the equivalent to that restaurant on the water or the one with a spectacular view that charges a fortune even though the food is mediocre but you still go for the ambiance.

Now that I think about it, Citi Field should qualify as a restaurant. So what I'm thinking is perhaps since the place hasn't been doing well since it opened up, we could get Gordon Ramsey to come in and fix the place up! I could only imagine the horrified look on is face when he sees all those tacky ads slapped up all around Chez Wilpon. Not exactly an inviting experience for such a high class restaurant. Yes?

Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast