Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254
Results 6,326 to 6,348 of 6348

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

I just bought a 20 game Sunday plan in 101, which is my favorite section. Protected from the sun and rain and I like the view. Hopefully I am able to exchange the games I can't make for reasonably similar seats. I had my doubts they would spend the money, but Yo signed I am willing to make the investment!

I dipped my toe in the ticket pool for 2016 with a couple of promotional give aways. (Syndegaard gnome and Met fedora hat). A lot of tickets already sold for these games.

I noticed they got rid of the September bobble head day. Now there's only one, for Harvey in August. Although there is a July TBD Saturday and Sunday promotion, so perhaps they'll add one there...

FWIW I don't think 319 row 4 #1-2 will have a plexiglass issue. In section 326 row 4 #1 is the lowest row to see clearly over the plexiglass pane, and 319 being directly above home plate should have even less of an issue.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    FWIW I don't think 319 row 4 #1-2 will have a plexiglass issue. In section 326 at row 4 #1 is the lowest row to see clearly over the plexiglass pane, and 319 being directly above home plate should have even less of an issue.

Thanks Robardin. I wish it was there on select a seat day. The Mets still hold back for new buyers. Really like aisle seats too. Oh well, always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    Thanks Robardin. I wish it was there on select a seat day. The Mets still hold back for new buyers. Really like aisle seats too. Oh well, always next year.
    I think i did see that, actually. So maybe someone upgraded
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    I noticed they got rid of the September bobble head day. Now there's only one, for Harvey in August. Although there is a July TBD Saturday and Sunday promotion, so perhaps they'll add one there...
    Dollars to donuts one of those is gonna honor Mike Piazza for his BBHOF induction the weekend before. (Honor... With a number retirement??)

Dollars to donuts one of those is gonna honor Mike Piazza for his BBHOF induction the weekend before. (Honor... With a number retirement??)
    You were correct. It's the last weekend in July.

And yes, the Mets will be retiring Piazza's #31.

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/1...-piazzas-no-31
    X
    Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
    - Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - NYM at CHI, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio

Sunday will be the Piazza bobble head giveaway. Not waiting this time, already got my cheap ticket

Glad I was able to find this board with all the 9 year old threads popping up again like weeds lol.

But it looks like the Saturday plan was a pretty great investment this year: Piazza's number retired, '86 players celebration, Thor gnome, Harvey bobble, 2 concerts and 3 fireworks! Jackpot. Plus the golden era of Citi Field has finally begun, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    But it looks like the Saturday plan was a pretty great investment this year: Piazza's number retired, '86 players celebration, Thor gnome, Harvey bobble, 2 concerts and 3 fireworks! Jackpot. Plus the golden era of Citi Field has finally begun, can't wait.
    It may be a good investment in terms of what you paid for tickets, but as far as the giveaways are concerned, what you save in money you might have to pay in time - time spent on line, time spent making sure you get there early enough to give yourself a reasonable chance at getting the freebie. I think they're limiting the giveaways to the first 15,000, and the final freebies last year "sold out" pretty quickly. I hope scenes like this, from the October 3rd Fleece Blanket giveaway (and, as it turned out, Scherzer's no-hitter), don't become commonplace.

(Photo taken October 3, 2015. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
    X
    Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
    - Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - NYM at CHI, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio

For resellers making the Piazza retirement on Saturday really makes the Saturday plan a great buy. Opening Day, Piazza Retirement, 86 Tribute and a Yankees game are all games where one can easily double to quadruple your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    It may be a good investment in terms of what you paid for tickets, but as far as the giveaways are concerned, what you save in money you might have to pay in time - time spent on line, time spent making sure you get there early enough to give yourself a reasonable chance at getting the freebie. I think they're limiting the giveaways to the first 15,000, and the final freebies last year "sold out" pretty quickly. I hope scenes like this, from the October 3rd Fleece Blanket giveaway (and, as it turned out, Scherzer's no-hitter), don't become commonplace.
    Yeah I usually tailgate pregame so I'm there bright and early, and typically go in any gate (or even through McFadden's) besides the rotunda, all other entries are less crowded.

By the way, the 2 1/2 hour entry is only for full season ticket holders and 1 1/2 hours for everyone else, right?

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    By the way, the 2 1/2 hour entry is only for full season ticket holders and 1 1/2 hours for everyone else, right?
    Full and 40-game plan tickets get the weekend early entry benefit (at the Rotunda), though the gatekeepers never seem to know about it and sometimes have to get a supervisor over or something to confirm it.

I did ensure getting a Kneeling Orosco Bobblehead last year with this benefit though, it was nice.

Full and 40-game plan tickets get the weekend early entry benefit (at the Rotunda), though the gatekeepers never seem to know about it and sometimes have to get a supervisor over or something to confirm it.
    Yeah, it's not like we're making it up. I mean, the tickets themselves say "Early Entry" on them (for eligible games).

X

Guys, as you probably saw in the media the NY Attorney General (Eric Schneiderman) just wrapped up an investigation into the ticket resale market in New York State:
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/a...-entertainment

It's good for everyone that they clamp down on hoarding by brokers and scalpers using automatic computer program "bots", and it's also good that they clamp down on price floors on the ticket exchanges so sellers can move their tickets and buyers can get better prices.

But one of the AG's recommendations is to LIFT THE BAN ON PAPERLESS-ONLY TICKETS in New York State. This is an absolutely terrible idea. It would mean that for concerts and sports you may be forced to swipe a card to get into the stadium / park / arena. You couldn't just email a PDF to your friends or family or hand them a stub, you would have to be with them at the gate.

If you wanted to sell the tickets you couldn't just offer them to someone at the office or post on stubhub / craigslist, you would be stuck with them - or most likely you would be forced to sell on ticketmaster's (or the team's) monopoly marketplace where fees are already 35-40% and will only get worse. It would reduce supply to bring prices up and take away your rights to do what you like with your tickets.

Right now this is Schneiderman's recommendation to the State Assembly, it's not law yet. If you don't want to be stuck with paperless tickets attached to your credit card or team card where you can't transfer or sell tickets, I would URGE you to contact the AG's office and various State assemblymen/women and express your opinion against it.

ATTONEY GENERAL EMAIL FORM:
    https://www.ag.ny.gov/questions-comm...iderman?wssl=1

ASSEMBLYMAN Jeffrey Dinowitz
    (Chair of the Assembly Committee on Consumer Affairs & Protection)
    http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Jeff...owitz/contact/

Other members of the Assembly Committee on Consumer Affairs & Protection:

Peter J. Abbate, ,
    Aravella Simotas
    Michael Simanowitz
    Dan Quart
    David Buchwald
    Michaelle Solages
    Jo Anne Simon
    Erik Dilan
    Todd Kaminsky
    Rebecca Seawright
    Latoya Joyner

Jr. Anthony Palumbo
    David G. McDonough
    Thomas McKevitt
    Bill Nojay

CONTACT PAGES:
    http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

Can paperless tickets be disassociated with the credit card used to purchase the tix? Your aunt Tillie from Idaho buys you Met tickets for your birthday. Impossible for her to be expected to be in attendance for the game selected. Organized sports surely want to be a viable option for gifting I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Can paperless tickets be disassociated with the credit card used to purchase the tix? Your aunt Tillie from Idaho buys you Met tickets for your birthday. Impossible for her to be expected to be in attendance for the game selected. Organized sports surely want to be a viable option for gifting I assume?
    Nope, either you use the card or lose the tickets. OR as teams prefer, you go through them and pay their fee ransom. Organized sports, owners specifically, want to squeeze their employees (players) as much as their customers (you and me). Their goal is to control and maximize all revenue streams and choke off all competition. For a cautionary tale on what happens when teams are allowed to operate paperless ticket monopolies, have a look at the Timberwolves:

How the Minnesota Timberwolves killed the free market
    http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/201...e-free-market/

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Nope, either you use the card or lose the tickets. OR as teams prefer, you go through them and pay their fee ransom. Organized sports, owners specifically, want to squeeze their employees (players) as much as their customers (you and me). Their goal is to control and maximize all revenue streams and choke off all competition. For a cautionary tale on what happens when teams are allowed to operate paperless ticket monopolies, have a look at the Timberwolves:

How the Minnesota Timberwolves killed the free market
    http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/201...e-free-market/
    You're beginning to sound like Ralph Nader.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    Nice seats in Prom gold that were not there a few of weeks ago. I feel a slight bit pissed because I upgraded to Caesars gold at select a seat. I wanted 319 or 320 on the aisle if I was going to spend the money( like LI Mets fan), but I settled for row 2, middle of the row. Now 319 row 4 seats 1 and 2 are there. They were not there at select a seat or a few weeks ago. Less pissed with Cespedes I must say.

Field level was a zoo during the post season and had to stand during the games for most of the game. The restrooms had long lines and Caesars level restrooms were empty.
    319 row 4 seats 1 and 2 are gone but there are now two available in the middle of that row. Maybe there was movement to the aisle from mid-row. Even so the mid row seats are nice. Everything but the price.

Announced tonight, Beyonce will be doing a show at CitiField on Tuesday June 7th as part of her world tour. The Mets will be in the middle of a 10 game road trip. Season ticket holders have a presale this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by SI Metman View Post
    Announced tonight, Beyonce will be doing a show at CitiField on Tuesday June 7th as part of her world tour. The Mets will be in the middle of a 10 game road trip. Season ticket holders have a presale this Friday.
    What's left of the Grateful Dead (not Jerry, cuz he is really Dead, and not Phil since he is not touring) will be playing Citi on June 25 and 26.

DEAD & COMPANY TO PLAY AT CITI FIELD JUNE 25 & JUNE 26
    The New York Mets and Live Nation announced that Dead & Company will perform at Citi Field Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26. Tickets go on sale to the general public Saturday, February 13 at 10:00 a.m. at mets.com/DeadandCompany.

Dead & Company grew out of last summer's hugely successful Grateful Dead farewell concerts, dubbed Fare Thee Well. Those shows featured original band members Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzman, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir, along with musical guests Trey Anastasio of Phish and singer/keyboardist Bruce Hornsby. Just weeks later, Dead & Company announced a fall tour, with a new lineup featuring singer and guitarist John Mayer, keyboardist Jeff Chimenti and Otiel Burbridge, formerly of the Allman Brothers Band. Dead & Company played 19 shows through New Year's Eve, offering a set laden with Grateful Dead standards and a few choice covers.

Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254