Page 196 of 201 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5017

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

BTW Mongoose, not to further derail this thread about "Citi Field Tickets and Concessions", but for a real glimpse into the Wilpons' view of the world, Fred Wilpon commented a week or so ago, check out this quote from a blurb piece on MLB.com titled Jeff Wilpon: The Mets' fortunes are steadily improving:

We played .500 ball over our last 100 games of last season. If we can do that for the first 100 games of this year instead of the last 100 games, we'll be in a good spot. So I'd like to see us get to that same spot, if not better.
    The bar is even lower than playing "meaningful games in September". It's to have a 50-50 record after 100 games.

In other words, to revisit the glory days of the 2011 Mets, the last team to manage that feat. And oh, how close the 2012 and 2013 Mets came to that, with 48 and 46 wins after 100 games! So we're really almost back to that good spot, people! Then in 2015 we can build on that to aim for MORE than 50 wins after 100 games, a high water mark not seen since the glory days of the 2010 Mets (who were 51-49 after 100).

Such good times can be had again, never you fear. You just have to have patience, faith and keep buying among the most expensive tickets in MLB.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    New topic.

Anyone have any idea when STHs will be receiving tickets? Opening Day is less than 5 weeks away.
    I spoke with my new Rep today. He said tix should arrive right around the 17th or so. Goal is about 2 weeks before opening day. He also said the tix will go live around the 7th for transfers etc. Seemed a little early to me.
    Last edited by LI METS FAN; 02-26-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Mets tickets on sale 3/3

METS tickets go on sale today....hurry hurry hurry, step right up.

Just plugged in Subway Series tickets....a pair in sec 510 row 10 seats 23 -24 will cost $54 each, but with a handling fee of $ 6 and a convenience fee of $13 (what exactly is that?) the pair cost $127. similar seats at the Subway Series at YS the night before cost me $58.10

Last year the Mets charged $146 for the pair, so looks like they are giving fans a deal this season.

Surprisingly, no tickets better than Metropolitan Gold at $275 per are available today. So looking at Metro Gold, a pair of tickets will have a convenience fee of $40 plus the $6 handling fee.
    Seriously, the convenience fee goes from $13 to $40.....exactly why?????

So I just checked opening day (the other premium game)....get this , delta silver are available for sale (not delta gold nor delta platinum) and Metro box are $199 each. SO...The Mets charge a lot more for the Subway series than they do opening day ! And the convenience fee for the subway series (same seats in Metro Box) is higher than for opening day , which is 'only' $38.50

Now, if somehow delta gold were available for purchase today for the subway series they would be $401 each....and since the convenience fee seems to increase fees according to the price of the ticket, ( for arguments sake let's leave it at $40)...a pair of delta gold tickets would be $802 + $40+ $6 for $848. Delta Gold gets you club 'access' but does not get you into the delta lounge for free snacks...those seats would be $560 each for free snacks/soft drinks i.e hot dogs and chips, and with fees that would be around $1200 for a pair.

Now up in Da Bronx, where those rich money grubbing Yankees reside, the Yankees treat the Mets games now as any other game. Ticket prices are the same, and since they are not 'premium' games at YS, they don't fleece you.

For a donation of $195 to Yankees Universe (Sloan Kettering Pediatrics) , the NYY will let you pick two field level tickets behind the plate for any non-premium game. The face on this tickets...$300 plus ticketmaster $11.80 fee...would be equivalent in location to DELTA GOLD at Citi Field. So I join Yankees Universe, they ship me about $121 in trinkets, and with that come a pair of Subway Series tickets that have a face , with fees, of $623.60. Except in total I pay $195.

Really, who has the better business model here? Who is more fan friendly? Where do you get more bang for the buck ? And none of this brings into play the fact that over the past 20 years there has been a huge difference between the on field success of these two franchises.

You can't make this stuff up ! One would think that the NY media would be all over this nonsense; the FAN hosts are too anti-Yankee to mention this, and Mike Lupica and his Daily News cronies have their noses shoved too far up the Wilpon's chimney to ever write about this.

The choice has never been easier....you want to get a great deal, especially on the subway series, head to the Bronx.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post

Just plugged in Subway Series tickets....a pair in sec 510 row 10 seats 23 -24 will cost $54 each, but with a handling fee of $ 6 and a convenience fee of $13 (what exactly is that?) the pair cost $127. similar seats at the Subway Series at YS the night before cost me $58.10

Last year the Mets charged $146 for the pair, so looks like they are giving fans a deal this season.

Surprisingly, no tickets better than Metropolitan Gold at $275 per are available today. So looking at Metro Gold, a pair of tickets will have a convenience fee of $40 plus the $6 handling fee.

So I just checked opening day (the other premium game)....get this , delta silver are available for sale (not delta gold nor delta platinum) and Metro box are $199 each. SO...The Mets charge a lot more for the Subway series than they do opening day ! And the convenience fee for the subway series (same seats in Metro Box) is higher than for opening day , which is 'only' $38.50

Now, if somehow delta gold were available for purchase today for the subway series they would be $401 each....and since the convenience fee seems to increase fees according to the price of the ticket, ( for arguments sake let's leave it at $40)...a pair of delta gold tickets would be $802 + $40+ $6 for $848. Delta Gold gets you club 'access' but does not get you into the delta lounge for free snacks...those seats would be $560 each for free snacks/soft drinks i.e hot dogs and chips, and with fees that would be around $1200 for a pair.

Now up in Da Bronx, where those rich money grubbing Yankees reside, the Yankees treat the Mets games now as any other game. Ticket prices are the same, and since they are not 'premium' games at YS, they don't fleece you.

For a donation of $195 to Yankees Universe (Sloan Kettering Pediatrics) , the NYY will let you pick two field level tickets behind the plate for any non-premium game. The face on this tickets...$300 plus ticketmaster $11.80 fee...would be equivalent in location to DELTA GOLD at Citi Field. So I join Yankees Universe, they ship me about $121 in trinkets, and with that come a pair of Subway Series tickets that have a face , with fees, of $623.60. Except in total I pay $195.

Really, who has the better business model here? Who is more fan friendly? Where do you get more bang for the buck ? And none of this brings into play the fact that over the past 20 years there has been a huge difference between the on field success of these two franchises.

You can't make this stuff up ! One would think that the NY media would be all over this nonsense; the FAN hosts are too anti-Yankee to mention this, and Mike Lupica and his Daily News cronies have their noses shoved too far up the Wilpon's chimney to ever write about this.

The choice has never been easier....you want to get a great deal, especially on the subway series, head to the Bronx.

Not to defend the Mets, but now that it has become Jeter's last season might as well check what other teams are charging for the Yankees last away series. They are all probably trying to cash in on Jeter.
    ------------
    I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, OP@CY, U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Miami, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Coming Soon 2014: Olympic Stadium, Chase Field?

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post

The Wilpons came out of the world of New York real estate. It's one of the few business contexts where goodwill with your customer doesn't matter. I think this should be remembered when looking at the constant stream of Wilpon abuses.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    I spoke with my new Rep today. He said tix should arrive right around the 17th or so. Goal is about 2 weeks before opening day. He also said the tix will go live around the 7th for transfers etc. Seemed a little early to me.
    Well, that hasn't happened. And it's not looking good for getting hard tickets by 3/17 either (next Monday), unless they start shipping tomorrow...

EDIT: just got word from my rep that they should ship on Monday, so receiving them some time mid to end of next week.
    Last edited by robardin; 03-12-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Well, that hasn't happened. And it's not looking good for getting hard tickets by 3/17 either (next Monday), unless they start shipping tomorrow...

EDIT: just got word from my rep that they should ship on Monday, so receiving them some time mid to end of next week.
    Most MLB teams have already delivered tickets. I don't understand what's so hard for the Mets & Yankees to do the same and why they have to wait until the 11th hour

Thanks. It sounded awfully optimistic to get them so early.
    I think they ship from the south somewhere so hopefully by the 19th or 20th.

Thanks. It sounded awfully optimistic to get them so early.
    I think they ship from the south somewhere so hopefully by the 19th or 20th.
    I got a shipping notification and FedEx tracking number email today... Unlike previous years, though, my online tickets management account doesn't show them yet.

I got a shipping notification and FedEx tracking number email today... Unlike previous years, though, my online tickets management account doesn't show them yet.

I received an E-mail from Stubhub that barcodes are now available for Mets tickets. Of course my tickets on the Met's Website does not have them for me. I am a full season. Did anybody get their barcodes or tickets yet?

Can the Mets do anything right? Does Jeff have the what me worry look of Alfred E. Newman?

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    Of course my tickets on the Met's Website does not have them for me
    what do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    what do you mean by that?

On the Mets Website under tickets is a category called my tickets. When you click on this you log in to your account and you can see all your account information. This includes seeing your tickets and being able to transfer the tickets on to stubhub easily without manually entering barcodes. This is available for all plan holders, not just season tickets. I go to many games, but I have to sell also. I have a location that sells.

2014 Mets Select-a-Seat Event for Plans

I subscribe to a MLB mailing list, and I was asked to RSVP for a Mets Select-a-Seat event on Friday, 3/21. It would seem the event is running from 10a-4p. This was sent to an email not associated with my mets account, so this implies this is an event to drum-up sales. You are required to RSVP. I do not believe this is for relocation.

Refreshments, raffle prizes, and complimentary parking will be provided.

Mr Met will be appearing from 11a-12p
    Doc Gooden will be appearing from 1:30p-2:30p (Meet & Greet and Photo-Op)
    Mr Met performs an encore 2:30p-3:30p

RSVP is required by Wednesday 3/19

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Okay my rep may be one for two. UPS has my season tickets arriving by the end of day March 17th.

But barcodes still not live online

I can hand enter barcodes from the hard tickets soon though!

Forgot to add that there will be two vouchers for Apr/May games and three vouchers for June-Sept games. Same as last year if I am remembering correctly?

But barcodes still not live online

I can hand enter barcodes from the hard tickets soon though!
    Barcodes are now live but the site is very glitchy.

Thanks! I'll even take glitchy assuming it gets corrected shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnecio3 View Post
    Barcodes are now live but the site is very glitchy.
    Thanks for the update. I checked earlier today with no avail.

Mets gave me my plan location for OD, even though the location was not guaranteed.... Very nice..

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Forgot to add that there will be two vouchers for Apr/May games and three vouchers for June-Sept games. Same as last year if I am remembering correctly?
    I guess we'll find out soon enough, but are there any restrictions on the voucher redemptions? I'm guessing/assuming not for Marquee games (the Yankees series) but sometimes they've also excluded games with post-game fireworks and concerts as well.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but are there any restrictions on the voucher redemptions? I'm guessing/assuming not for Marquee games (the Yankees series) but sometimes they've also excluded games with post-game fireworks and concerts as well.
    Good question. My reps email was silent on restrictions but I bet you are right on special event nights.

I got my season tickets delivered today to my office. They came inside a black synthetic canvas messenger bag, along with a DVD of Mike Piazza's HOF induction and a Season Ticket Holder Guide.

The tickets are pretty nice, player pictures on a blue background with a metallic orange stripe separating the image from the ticket info, plus the NYC skyline from the Shea billboard (now over the Shake Shack behind CF) also in the metallic orange.

The ticket vouchers exclude the following games:

5/10 (Nolan Ryan Bobblehead)
    5/14, 15 (Yankees series)
    6/14 (Post-Game Concert, 50 Cent)
    7/04 (Fireworks Night I)
    7/12 (Post-Game Concert, Huey Lewis & The News)
    8/02 (Fireworks Night II)
    8/16 (Post-Game Concert, Boyz II Men)
    8/30 (Curtis Granderson Bobblehead)
    9/13 (Fireworks Night III)
    9/27 (Post-Game Concert, Austin Mahone)
    9/28 (2015 Magnetic Calendar ??)

So the Yankees, bobbleheads, concerts and fireworks are considered premium promos, plus they're evidently planning something special for the last game of the season again (perhaps Mets HOF Induction will be a traditional thing now for the final game).

Redemption for the second set of three vouchers for June thru Sept. games are redeemable only beginning 5/28/2014.

Pics of the 2014 Season Plan package:

Pics of the 2014 Season Plan package:

I guess spring must be near. Getting the package of tickets was always a sign.

On the Welcome Guide, Wright appears to have an inflamed colon coming out of his backside.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Also of note: scanning the STH Guide, they have added a benefit that all season ticket holders get 15% off in the Acela Club by showing the STH ID card.

Also, new for 2014 (not exclusive to STHs), all day games have the option of Acela Club Market Table only (no entree) for $29 pp. I've often thought the Market Table was the best part of the visit, and while still pricy it's not a bad option at all (especially with a 15% discount) for an all you can eat buffet of some pretty good stuff.

Page 196 of 201 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast