Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 7420

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    First experience with this today.

The timing and nature of the food was what you said. The people watching was interesting as well.

Ten minutes in, I saw someone stuff about a dozen bags of those chips and things into his backpack. He glanced furtively at me, then continued on his way.

Then there was this large teenager dressed in Nats gear, there with his parents. The amount of food this group, especially the kid, consumed in a couple of hours was breathtaking. Plate after plate after plate. Two days' worth of calories went into this kid, easily. Maybe more. Sitting with his enabling parents.

Ay yi yi. Or "SMH" as the cool people put it. Sorry to come across as judgmental, but holy crap. This was worse than at Las Vegas buffets. Maybe the high concession prices elsewhere in the building save lives; people can't afford the cost of eating themselves to death.
    They were hell bent on getting their monies worth! Human reasoning can be fascinating. Too bad there wasn't anything more interesting going on on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    They were hell bent on getting their monies worth! Human reasoning can be fascinating. Too bad there wasn't anything more interesting going on on the field.
    When I finally made it to Yankees Legends to see Kershaw pitch last season, they take a photo of you before you are seated. I took mine under a picture of Lou Gehrig.
    After I was done with the lobster, king crab and the steak from Michael Jordan's (their chef was the 'guest' that game) - I heard an unconfirmed rumor that my picture would replace the one of the Iron Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    When I finally made it to Yankees Legends to see Kershaw pitch last season, they take a photo of you before you are seated. I took mine under a picture of Lou Gehrig.
    After I was done with the lobster, king crab and the steak from Michael Jordan's (their chef was the 'guest' that game) - I heard an unconfirmed rumor that my picture would replace the one of the Iron Horse.
    "The Iron Stomach"
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

The timing and nature of the food was what you said. The people watching was interesting as well.

Ten minutes in, I saw someone stuff about a dozen bags of those chips and things into his backpack. He glanced furtively at me, then continued on his way.

Then there was this large teenager dressed in Nats gear, there with his parents. The amount of food this group, especially the kid, consumed in a couple of hours was breathtaking. Plate after plate after plate. Two days' worth of calories went into this kid, easily. Maybe more. Sitting with his enabling parents.

Ay yi yi. Or "SMH" as the cool people put it. Sorry to come across as judgmental, but holy crap. This was worse than at Las Vegas buffets. Maybe the high concession prices elsewhere in the building save lives; people can't afford the cost of eating themselves to death.
    Sitting in an exclusive all you can eat suite does not show you're wealthy, sitting in an exclusive all you can eat suite while eating small portions does

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Sitting in an exclusive all you can eat suite does not show you're wealthy, sitting in an exclusive all you can eat suite while eating small portions does
    Old saying I do not hear too often anymore "act like you've been there before" applies here.

Unfortunately I would have done the same thing as Drake because I haven't been there before and wouldn't be sure if I was ever going back!!

Old saying I do not hear too often anymore "act like you've been there before" applies here.

Unfortunately I would have done the same thing as Drake because I haven't been there before and wouldn't be sure if I was ever going back!!
    I consumed mass quantities once in a sky box at the Garden for Knicks Bulls Game 2 back in '93 as a poor ass college student. I KNEW I'd never be there again...
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I consumed mass quantities once in a sky box at the Garden for Knicks Bulls Game 2 back in '93 as a poor ass college student. I KNEW I'd never be there again...
    Mister B and myself visited the Delta Lounge at Citi Field. At the time I thought it was a nice perk...that is until I went to YS Legends and then I thought for relatively the same money, the Mets look mighty cheesy with the food given out and the 'accommodations' available to the fans. Nobody was making a pig out of themselves at Citi and some of that was due to the fact there wasn't much there. Besides, all of the "in seat service" at Citi Field cost money to the fans. At Yankee Stadium, it is free in Legends.

In Legends , the portions are served by the staff. I usually stay away from most seafood (on the day my daughter was born in 1999 my parents took me to Red Lobster where I actually got a terrible case of food poisoning which required hospitalization. I have never been back.) but when the server asked "Lobster, crab, or shrimp or some of each" I opted for the combo and the plate they gave was embarrassingly large. I thought that was crazy as I wondered how many people couldn't finish a single plate. I do admit I had more than one steak (probably 6 oz filet ) . However I ordered nothing from the in seat menu during the game despite 2 rain delays, but did take some bottled water, and managed to grab a Turkey Hill ice cream bar from the Champions Club.-which was incredibly good.

I even think the Champions Club is much better than the Mets Delta Platinum/Delta Gold seat benefits due to plenty of grab-and-go selections.

What I found strange about Citi Field was that the food in the Hyundai/Champions/Ebbets Club was FAR SUPERIOR to the Delta Lounge, where fans paying Delta Platinum prices are getting a whole lot less while paying a whole lot more.

GordonGecko and I have exchanged opinions on the various high end suites at the different venues (MSG, Met Life, Citi , YS, etc) and we definitely agree that the Delta Lounge at Citi has to be the biggest disappointment of all the venues. If you went to Legends one night and Delta Lounge on the next night, you would be absolutely shocked at the difference.

For the record, Mister B and myself also went to the AUDI CLUB and I would say that was much better, price wise and food quality , than Delta Lounge. I encourage Mister B to voice his opinions on it.

8. Anyone have any inside info/educated guess on tonight game being played or not? trying to fig out if i should leave work and make the trip down or not. accuweather shows 'light rain/cloudy from 6pm on. Just wanted to see what people here think

IMG_3571.JPGIMG_3582.JPGIMG_3583.JPGIMG_3584.JPGIMG_3585.JPG
    These are shots I took from buffet line inside the Hyundai Club last year. Not pictured is the burger/hot dog grill area, snacks or deserts.

I too was surprised they get this setup compared to the Delta Lounge, which is essentially a break room with snacks.

For the record, Mister B and myself also went to the AUDI CLUB and I would say that was much better, price wise and food quality , than Delta Lounge. I encourage Mister B to voice his opinions on it.
    The Audi Club food was way better than I expected: very upscale, excellent food, though it was a tier below the over-the-top lavish food you described at Legends. In contrast, the Delta Lounge was very downscale "ballpark food", but to this day they only advertise it as offering "complimentary light snacks" so they don't pretend it's anything more. If nothing else, the lounge was a good place to retreat to on a cold April night.

We all know that whatever amenities are / are not offered, are built into the ticket price. Not sure, for example, if a paid meal at the steakhouse in the Citi Delta Club, plus the cost of a DC game ticket and its view of the game, equates to a better experience / better value than a Legends game ticket that includes high-end food.

As for the Hyundai Club, which includes decent, mid-range food, nothing to complain about at all: my head still spins when I picture how much of it that kid consumed last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojoker38 View Post
    Anyone have any inside info/educated guess on tonight game being played or not? trying to fig out if i should leave work and make the trip down or not. accuweather shows 'light rain/cloudy from 6pm on. Just wanted to see what people here think
    I'd say stay home. (Have tix too). Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 1.35.22 PM.png
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

The Audi Club food was way better than I expected: very upscale, excellent food, though it was a tier below the over-the-top lavish food you described at Legends. In contrast, the Delta Lounge was very downscale "ballpark food", but to this day they only advertise it as offering "complimentary light snacks" so they don't pretend it's anything more. If nothing else, the lounge was a good place to retreat to on a cold April night.

We all know that whatever amenities are / are not offered, are built into the ticket price. Not sure, for example, if a paid meal at the steakhouse in the Citi Delta Club, plus the cost of a DC game ticket and its view of the game, equates to a better experience / better value than a Legends game ticket that includes high-end food.

As for the Hyundai Club, which includes decent, mid-range food, nothing to complain about at all: my head still spins when I picture how much of it that kid consumed last Saturday.
    From Gary's pictures, the Hyundai Club has come up a notch or two since I have been there. Considering that one could buy access for $18 - if you had the right ticket to buy that option of course -it had to be the best deal ever in any NYC sports venue with even being a little less than it is now. Still can't believe it was only $18 considering how quickly $18 adds up at any ball park.

Forgetting the Yankees and comparing Mets to Mets, Hyundai Club with it's all inclusive food and seating (which I believe are actually better than Delta Platinum/Gold) must be a far better deal than Delta seats and a fancy dinner at Delta Club.

For instance : tomorrow night's Braves game gets you into Hyundai Club for $130 . Delta Gold $315 and Platinum $487 and Metropolitan Platinum $285. With a food spread like Gary's pictures show, with great seats that are always getting foul balls, it's a 'steal' all things considered.

From Gary's pictures, the Hyundai Club has come up a notch or two since I have been there. Considering that one could buy access for $18 - if you had the right ticket to buy that option of course -it had to be the best deal ever in any NYC sports venue with even being a little less than it is now. Still can't believe it was only $18 considering how quickly $18 adds up at any ball park.

Forgetting the Yankees and comparing Mets to Mets, Hyundai Club with it's all inclusive food and seating (which I believe are actually better than Delta Platinum/Gold) must be a far better deal than Delta seats and a fancy dinner at Delta Club.

For instance : tomorrow night's Braves game gets you into Hyundai Club for $130 . Delta Gold $315 and Platinum $487 and Metropolitan Platinum $285. With a food spread like Gary's pictures show, with great seats that are always getting foul balls, it's a 'steal' all things considered.
    I did notice on Saturday that there were both mac and cheese and fried chicken, which are buffet staples to get you to fill up on cheap stuff. As for me, I had a mini pretzel, a hot dog and two sliders. And Coke Zero. OK, so I'm a dummy.

Just looked up the FST price for Wednesday which is $83 vs. the $130 you quoted. Wow, didn't realize the price spread was so large.

I did notice on Saturday that there were both mac and cheese and fried chicken, which are buffet staples to get you to fill up on cheap stuff. As for me, I had a mini pretzel, a hot dog and two sliders. And Coke Zero. OK, so I'm a dummy.

Just looked up the FST price for Wednesday which is $83 vs. the $130 you quoted. Wow, didn't realize the price spread was so large.
    WOW. It is a huge spread....but for $83 that is a DEAL ! BTW I sent you a text.

IMG_3157.JPGIMG_3158.JPGIMG_3155.JPGIMG_3154.JPGIMG_3153.JPG
    For a direct comparison, I'm reposting these pics from last year in the Delta Lounge. This is the spread available for the most expensive seats in the ballpark.

This was actually massive upgrade from 2015 when the only hot food available was the hot dogs.

Don't think you are a dummy. Think you are smart. I don't think I would have eaten even that much. I would have been full before then. I would rather stay in shape then worry about if I got my moneys worth. Look at the obesity rates in this country.

I may have to showcase the spread that we get when I go back to the Honda club in a few weeks for an alumni event. They're close to the spread of the Honda Club but it does top it. Plus, I got field access last year with Syndegaard as well. I'm pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    Don't think you are a dummy. Think you are smart. I don't think I would have eaten even that much. I would have been full before then. I would rather stay in shape then worry about if I got my moneys worth. Look at the obesity rates in this country.
    Or you can do what my son does...eat an incredible amount of food...and then literally run a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon. One can splurge occasionally, especially if one exercises.
    He is running the Pittsburgh marathon May 7th, and then decide if he runs NYC in November. When he shows up at In-n-out in California, the workers get nervous.
    Last edited by mandrake; Today at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrince View Post
    I may have to showcase the spread that we get when I go back to the Honda club in a few weeks for an alumni event. They're close to the spread of the Honda Club but it does top it. Plus, I got field access last year with Syndegaard as well. I'm pumped!
    I believe the catering package in the Honda Clubhouse varies based on what the group orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    I was poking fun at myself for observing that that they want you to fill up on cheap stuff like mac and cheese and fried chicken, when I ended up eating stuff just as cheap.

The hot food came out at 3PM which made for a very late lunch / very early dinner rolled into one; awkward time for a meal. Overeat just to get my money's worth? Nah. Dropped a lot of pounds last year and prefer to leave them where I dropped them...

Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371