Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229
Results 5,701 to 5,716 of 5716

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

  1. #5701
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Didn't you state you would resell the majority of your tickets anyway? Now if your seats were Delta Platinum, then I would dread any increase.
    Yes, I am selling about half my tickets, but if the "Wilson's" (lol) hike prices, then I need for the Stubhub buyers to pay for that hike as well, which leaves LESS profits (if that) for me! Lol

  2. #5702
    Boy, I'm glad my spellcheck didn't catch my "Wilson's" typo. Every post since has made a funny crack at it! I'm cracking up here. What a wonderful mistake that was. Lol.

    The Wilpon's are as active as that Wilson ball was in Cast Away. Just sits there waiting for stuff to happen. And Balderson (not a typo) is Tom Hanks losing his mind trying to convince the ball to spend more money. Lol

  3. #5703
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyNYC View Post
    Boy, I'm glad my spellcheck didn't catch my "Wilson's" typo. Every post since has made a funny crack at it! I'm cracking up here. What a wonderful mistake that was. Lol.

    The Wilpon's are as active as that Wilson ball was in Cast Away. Just sits there waiting for stuff to happen. And Balderson (not a typo) is Tom Hanks losing his mind trying to convince the ball to spend more money. Lol
    Petey- your message was received regardless of how the name was spelled. And I usually cringe at typos. Don't stop posting!

  4. #5704
    Funny, those 313's Row 1 we were talking about are STILL available! Ironically enough, the wonderful two older gentlemen sitting next to my Section 322 seats where the ones that gave up the 313 Row 1's because the sun was unbearable in the day games! No sun in 322. They got lucky when the 322's opened up as I did. We are both happy there now.

    Point is, you guys helped me make the right decision in NOT getting those 313's, and now I am loving were I am - both from a meaty position on resale value on SH, and with the view. I got over the view of the net, so I am very happy now. Lol

    Good trades so far! Now, we need Cespedes, Gomez or Parra and we are set!!!

  5. #5705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,957
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyNYC View Post
    Funny, those 313's Row 1 we were talking about are STILL available! Ironically enough, the wonderful two older gentlemen sitting next to my Section 322 seats where the ones that gave up the 313 Row 1's because the sun was unbearable in the day games! No sun in 322. They got lucky when the 322's opened up as I did. We are both happy there now.

    Point is, you guys helped me make the right decision in NOT getting those 313's, and now I am loving were I am - both from a meaty position on resale value on SH, and with the view. I got over the view of the net, so I am very happy now. Lol

    Good trades so far! Now, we need Cespedes, Gomez or Parra and we are set!!!
    I actually got to sit in section 312 row 1 for Friday's game with my daughter. Perfect seats for a night game, with straight on view of the mound. I always preferred to sit on the first base side as opposed to being behind the plate.The FST who graciously gave them to me has had the seats there since 2010, and the seats next to his were available for quite a while. I actually think the Mets tried to get him to buy all 4 at the time -I could be mistaken- but they relented and the 2 next to his had different fans in there for every game. I guess they now are owned by another FST holder.

    With a crowd of about 36K, 312 looked full and 313 looked like there were more than a few empties. And is there really a need for a chain across the aisle dividing 312 from 313?

    I agree on the sun part in row 1....I couldn't sit there for day games in hot weather, and if it rains you will get wet. I hope you enjoy your seats !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mandrake; 07-28-2015 at 09:23 AM.

  6. #5706

    Ticket buying questions

    I am trying to put together a trip to Citi Field Sat. night. Talk about bad timing. A month ago I could have the pick of the park. With the Mets recent play and additions, and playing the Nationals, and now I find out it's Fireworks night. Now there isn't much to be had. Should I go on Stub Hub (which looks to be a premium right now) or buy from Mets.com. I know I hear you guys mention fees all the time. I was hoping for Caesars level. The problem is that we need 5 tickets and everything available is in the outfield. Is it worth gambling on Stub Hub and wait for tickets to drop? Not sure that will happen. If anything they may go up. Our other option is Prom Reserved. Never sat there before.

  7. #5707
    Quote Originally Posted by WillMissShea View Post
    I am trying to put together a trip to Citi Field Sat. night. Talk about bad timing. A month ago I could have the pick of the park. With the Mets recent play and additions, and playing the Nationals, and now I find out it's Fireworks night. Now there isn't much to be had. Should I go on Stub Hub (which looks to be a premium right now) or buy from Mets.com. I know I hear you guys mention fees all the time. I was hoping for Caesars level. The problem is that we need 5 tickets and everything available is in the outfield. Is it worth gambling on Stub Hub and wait for tickets to drop? Not sure that will happen. If anything they may go up. Our other option is Prom Reserved. Never sat there before.
    If the weather is good, deGrom is still pitching, plus fireworks night that is a tough one.

    If you could get infield Prom Res in a lower row you might want to do that. But I agree with you, Caesars level is good and if its really hot you can cool off in the Caesars club for a little bit.

  8. #5708
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Citi Field Sec 114 Row 15
    Posts
    2,322
    WillMissShea, PM me?
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

  9. #5709
    Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    If the weather is good, deGrom is still pitching, plus fireworks night that is a tough one.

    If you could get infield Prom Res in a lower row you might want to do that. But I agree with you, Caesars level is good and if its really hot you can cool off in the Caesars club for a little bit.
    Got Caesars 331. Last row though, but I'm pretty happy. I'm just glad to get in. It's Washington, D'Arnaud comes back Friday, and (hopefully) the first game in a Met uniform for (insert name). A new bat in the line up. I think all 3 of these games have some juice.

  10. #5710
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    With a crowd of about 36K, 312 looked full and 313 looked like there were more than a few empties. And is there really a need for a chain across the aisle dividing 312 from 313?
    The chain between 312 and 313, like the one between 325 and 326, serves as a line of demarcation between the Caesars Gold and Caesars Box seating categories.

    It is interesting to note that section 319 is also chained off. Presumptively this to limit movement of spectators directly in front of the SNY broadcast position.

  11. #5711
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Citi Field Sec 114 Row 15
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by WillMissShea View Post
    Got Caesars 331. Last row though, but I'm pretty happy. I'm just glad to get in. It's Washington, D'Arnaud comes back Friday, and (hopefully) the first game in a Met uniform for (insert name). A new bat in the line up. I think all 3 of these games have some juice.
    That unnamed slugger to be traded for... Has a name

    I suspect after last night, plus the deGrom start, plus the first game featuring Cespedes in the lineup, plus the Fireworks will be an easy sell-out! Glad you got your tix in time

    It's probably too much to hope for that the team ownership will find the wampum to sign Cespedes to a contract extension after the season ends, but maybe seeing the electric love poured on a guy like Wilmer Flores - for really, no other reason than he wants to be a Met - will help...
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

  12. #5712
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    That unnamed slugger to be traded for... Has a name

    I suspect after last night, plus the deGrom start, plus the first game featuring Cespedes in the lineup, plus the Fireworks will be an easy sell-out! Glad you got your tix in time

    It's probably too much to hope for that the team ownership will find the wampum to sign Cespedes to a contract extension after the season ends, but maybe seeing the electric love poured on a guy like Wilmer Flores - for really, no other reason than he wants to be a Met - will help...

    I remember thinking they would never sign Piazza and they did. Maybe they will shock us. Cuddyer could platoon with Granderson/Duda when he gets back and next year.

    In a couple of weeks season ticket holders may be asked to buy our post season tickets. This should be a great August and September.

  13. #5713
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Citi Field Sec 114 Row 15
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    In a couple of weeks season ticket holders may be asked to buy our post season tickets.
    ...

    Not sure if serious...

    OMG I think you may be right, I sure hope so!
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

  14. #5714
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    ...

    Not sure if serious...

    OMG I think you may be right, I sure hope so!

    Of course I am serious. They do it with all contending teams. You just have to be close to a spot. They can't wait until the last minute.

  15. #5715

    Rao's Chicken Cacciatore Hero

    I had the Rao's Chicken Cacciatore hero last night (8/1) in the Caesars Club. It was delicious.

    Thin, breaded chicken cutlets tossed in a spicy marinara sauce, with onions,wine, garlic. Quite amazing for a ballpark item.

    The only negative is it is too darn small. Compared to a Mama's hero...it is maybe 2/3 the size. Oh well...what do you want for 12 bucks.

  16. #5716
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    That unnamed slugger to be traded for... Has a name

    I suspect after last night, plus the deGrom start, plus the first game featuring Cespedes in the lineup, plus the Fireworks will be an easy sell-out! Glad you got your tix in time

    It's probably too much to hope for that the team ownership will find the wampum to sign Cespedes to a contract extension after the season ends, but maybe seeing the electric love poured on a guy like Wilmer Flores - for really, no other reason than he wants to be a Met - will help...
    Great game, great night! The 2nd biggest crowd in Citi Field history. I haven't been to a Mets game at Citi Field that was that loud. It was like Shea circa 2006.

Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •