Page 97 of 368 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 7349

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Well, you do have Promenade, Caesars and Acela Club access starting in 2012. Because everybody in the park does!
    Not true... Promenade Outfield (sections 532-538) doesn't appear anywhere on the list. So, presumably, fans holding tickets for those sections are not welcome... unless they sprung for the $972 season tickets.

In my opinion this is a good thing - those clubs should always have been open to all from the get-go. But don't feel like you're not appreciated - as STHs, you have priority reservations at the Acela Club!
    I know what you mean, but for obvious reasons I've got mixed feelings about it. It's like, now that I've joined the STH fraternity they decided to change the rules regarding access.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Blog Entries
    Forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered already, but what happened to the Ebbets Club?
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    Forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered already, but what happened to the Ebbets Club?
    It was renamed the Champions Club. IIRC, that happened following the first season.

[QUOTE=Gary Dunaier;1980184]Not true... Promenade Outfield (sections 532-538) doesn't appear anywhere on the list. So, presumably, fans holding tickets for those sections are not welcome... unless they sprung for the $972 season tickets.

Gary your right.
    Probably 2,000 seats in promenade outfield
    So those single game fans will not be allowed to the club areaa
    I get a sense of $5 weekday tickets in Promenade Reserve.
    Maybe $10 for Weekend games(Friday-Sunday)

[QUOTE=peterrod16;1980206]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Not true... Promenade Outfield (sections 532-538) doesn't appear anywhere on the list. So, presumably, fans holding tickets for those sections are not welcome... unless they sprung for the $972 season tickets.

Gary your right.
    Probably 2,000 seats in promenade outfield
    So those single game fans will not be allowed to the club areaa
    I get a sense of $5 weekday tickets in Promenade Reserve.
    Maybe $10 for Weekend games(Friday-Sunday)
    At that price they are underselling ST's who are promised price protection. I guess if they price 536-538 at that level they can justify it.

[QUOTE=ribant;1980238]
    Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post

At that price they are underselling ST's who are promised price protection. I guess if they price 536-538 at that level they can justify it.
    The price protection applies to section and row, so FST's in 532-538 might only be offered in certain rows (1-10 maybe) and that would allow them to discount rows 11 and up.

"Season Ticket Holders - if you didn't have club access before... YOU DO NOW!"

I remember how STHs in the Prom Reserved sections appreciated this notification back in October. Finally, they were getting some recognition - as many have been saying since Day 1 of Citi Field, their stature as full season ticket holders should include Promenade Club and Caesars Club access! People also wondered how this would be indicated on the cardstock, and what if you exchanged your tickets, how would they indicate the access on the reprints? And would StubHub buyers notice the extra club access from season tickets being posted up versus other ones?

Well, you do have Promenade, Caesars and Acela Club access starting in 2012. Because everybody in the park does!

Check it out: the current Citi Field Club Access Chart

In my opinion this is a good thing - those clubs should always have been open to all from the get-go. But don't feel like you're not appreciated - as STHs, you have priority reservations at the Acela Club!

Attachment 105075
    Doug's right.

I said from the get-go the whole "club experience/economic stratification" model they built the place around was a mistake. Of course from the fans' perspective it represented nothing more than higher ticket prices just to access costlier concession areas. From ownership's perspective they were squandering valuable prime seating space for concession areas they were choking off customer flow to.

It was stupid and crazy. This change was inevitable, but is only a partial fix.

Problem is the space is still wasted. I've no doubt that the clubs will eventually be yanked/greatly reduced and replaced with more seating. Because of expense it'll be a while before that happens, though.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 02-18-2012 at 04:53 AM.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Doug's right.

I said from the get-go the whole "club experience/economic stratification" model they built the place around was a mistake. Of course from the fans' perspective it represented nothing more than higher ticket prices just to access costlier concession areas. From ownership's perspective they were squandering valuable prime seating space for concession areas they were choking off customer flow to.

Problem is the space is still wasted. I've no doubt that the clubs will eventually be yanked/greatly reduced and replaced with more seating. Because of expense it'll be a while before that happens, though.
    Good - those "private" clubs should always have been been open to paying customers. It's obvious the Mets expect far fewer of those this year after the disastrous, franchise-killing Reyes decision (with Wright to follow) and horrendous off-season, so they need every perk they can get. I don't think they're exactly being philanthropic here. The place will be empty. But it's good to break down those ridiculous class barriers in a baseball stadium.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

I never understood the allure to clubs. . Why would I want to pay more for seats that have access to clubs that charge stupid money for concessions. I'm there to see a game..Guess I'm in the minority...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    It was renamed the Champions Club. IIRC, that happened following the first season.
    Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Good - those "private" clubs should always have been been open to paying customers. It's obvious the Mets expect far fewer of those this year after the disastrous, franchise-killing Reyes decision (with Wright to follow) and horrendous off-season, so they need every perk they can get. I don't think they're exactly being philanthropic here. The place will be empty. But it's good to break down those ridiculous class barriers in a baseball stadium.
    I fully agree with this post. The "clubs" do nothing more than create class (and income) separation. Nothing at Citi indicates this more than the 300 sections, where one must literally go up to the 400/500 sections only for it to be necessary to take an elevator down to the 300s due to the Acela Club being in the way of easy access.

Quote Originally Posted by AMAYSN 24 View Post
    I never understood the allure to clubs. . Why would I want to pay more for seats that have access to clubs that charge stupid money for concessions. I'm there to see a game..Guess I'm in the minority...
    Count me in on that sentiment as well.
    "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."

Put it in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by milladrive View Post
    I fully agree with this post. The "clubs" do nothing more than create class (and income) separation. Nothing at Citi indicates this more than the 300 sections, where one must literally go up to the 400/500 sections only for it to be necessary to take an elevator down to the 300s due to the Acela Club being in the way of easy access.
    They should have built the Acela Club with a by-pass on far side, so that you did not need to go up / down to get from LF Landing to the rest of the Excelsior. However, even if they put that by-pass in, w/o an "Caesar's" Club level ticket, you couldn't get past the glass doors anyway. Now, anyone can pass, so this shortcoming stands out.

Every now and then, First Class is nice.... I can't justify spending for it every day, nor could I afford to, but on those special occasions, it's nice.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Doug's right.
    Are pigs flying?

We'd have to take this over into the CitiField Thread, proper, to discuss feasibility of removing clubs for more seating. Without getting into too many details here, I can tell you that the amount of seating taken by the clubs is minimal at best. Club space is far back from the field.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Since the highlight of the upcoming season may only be the 50th anniversary promotions and of course, ballpark food...just curious, since
    Champions Club will now be restricted to Champions season ticket holders, are they going to move the 18 dollar all u can eat buffet elsewhere?
    It was definitely the best value in the park last year. Now Champions will have all-inclusive food/drink, but again, it's only for Champions
    seat holders (no one else gets in, not even Delta tix holders). Hoping some of those tix find their way onto Stub Hub so I can try it
    out if the price is right...also, any other new concessions on the way to Citi?

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    Since the highlight of the upcoming season may only be the 50th anniversary promotions

Has a "promotions schedule" for the 2012 season come out yet?
    "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    ..."private" clubs should always have been been open to paying customers...it's good to break down those ridiculous class barriers in a baseball stadium.
    for what they charge for admission (st or individual games) those "private" accommodations are par for the course in professional sports these days. you pay a lot, you want something special - exclusivity. "class barriers" are really "you get what you pay for"
    and as long as the financial stakes continue it's upward spiral (player costs, owner profits) those barriers will remain.
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Quote Originally Posted by DN4L View Post
    Has a "promotions schedule" for the 2012 season come out yet?
    empty seat disguise night should be popular...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Have any fellow plan holders here received any password yet for next week's single game ticket pre-sale? I'm not asking what it is, I'm just wondering if the Mets ticket office has told anyone yet.
    Not Mommy, not Daddy.....METSIE, METSIE, METSIE.

We all know the password is going to be a players name for sure... or maybe even "CHAMPIONS" this year.. (haha yeah right)..

Still waiting on these Perks drawings... So much for this deadline in November... We are going on March...

Aside from Opening Day and Subway Series... What will be the top 3 games in demand this year?? I can't picture Banner Day selling out..

I think the password was REYES last year. I think we can scrap that one!

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    What will be the top 3 games in demand this year?? I can't picture Banner Day selling out..
    Three possibilities, in chronological order...

• Tuesday, April 24 v. Miami, 7.10pm - Jose Reyes' first game in NY as a Florida Marlin
    • Sunday, June 3 v. St. Louis, 1.10pm - John Franco inducted into the Mets' Hall of Fame
    • Sunday, August 26 v. Houston, 1.10pm - the Mets' final game against the National League Houston Astros - the final meeting between the two 1962 National League expansion clubs as National League clubs - whether Houston will play the Mets as an American League club during interleague play has yet to be determined (don't laugh - the Chicago White Sox have never played an interleague game in New York)
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Page 97 of 368 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast