Page 97 of 287 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 7160

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Channel 2 News at 6 said the Mets have buy one ticket get one free this weekend. I can't find the link on the Met's website. Does anybody know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Worse yet, Santana lost his no-hitter and perfect game in the first inning!!
    and the season's over.....
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    It does not looked packed, let's just put it that way. Alderson's Reyes dividend is cashed this week....
    The ballpark was full enough. I enjoyed watching the crowd chase the sun. CF Food Court, and the bridge were PACKED once the sun when behind the third base side of the stadium.

What was the announced attendance? Scratch that... What did they sell? Oh, 42,080....
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    Is mama's still there??? I redeemed my vouchers.. and got section 121 for the Phillies May game..
    Yes, prom level food court. Everything you need is there, even Keith burgers!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    The ballpark was full enough. I enjoyed watching the crowd chase the sun. CF Food Court, and the bridge were PACKED once the sun when behind the third base side of the stadium.

What was the announced attendance? Scratch that... What did they sell? Oh, 42,080....
    Yes, it was full enough and anyone who didn't go to spite the evil Wilpons missed a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    I hear a new addition is 'pastrachos' .. Pastrami
    Topped chips with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese
    sauce. I now officially am excited to
    go on Monday.
    Not swiss cheese sauce - thousand island dressing [edit: actually, both]. Yeah, I noticed that one too. It's basically a reuben sandwich but instead of rye bread it's on fried tortilla chips (nachos). I'd prefer it on rye bread myself (and with spicy mustard instead of 1,000 island dressing) but it's for real.

Here's a pic I took of it, I was so surprised by the idea of something called "pastrachos":

pastrachos by robardin, on Flickr
    Last edited by robardin; 04-05-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Mets giving away free tickets to Sunday's game: http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/twe...d=5R413I1-21UT

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Taqueria Verano no longer has the 3 full sized taco combo
    That's a shame. The normal two taco order is pretty small, so I liked the three.

Nice. Used a virtual credit card with $1 limit and it wasn't charged. Must use free print at home option. Seats are located in lower rows of outfield promenade reserved (Section 504) or equivalent. Weather looks decent for Sunday.
    Last edited by MLB Fan; 04-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Yes, it was full enough and anyone who didn't go to spite the evil Wilpons missed a great game.

I had a unique seat for yesterday's game; I watched the game next to my dad as he was given his first chemo treatment. The best we can hope for is that the chemo slows it down so that he can possibly make the end of the baseball season....he is much less likely to do that than the Mets are to actually win the World Series.

An older gentleman sitting nearby was a NYY fan and told the nurses "Making us watch the Mets? Aren't we suffering enough?". Then he told his wife, "I'm rooting for the Mets when I watch them, I don't have enough time left to waste it rooting against anyone'.

With any luck, I hope to be able to take him to a game next week.

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Mets giving away free tickets to Sunday's game: http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/twe...d=5R413I1-21UT
    About as good of a promotion as you can ask for. Can only buy one at a time though, but what the heck! I bought two and they're close enough that I'm sure there'll be a way to sit together anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I had a unique seat for yesterday's game; I watched the game next to my dad as he was given his first chemo treatment. The best we can hope for is that the chemo slows it down so that he can possibly make the end of the baseball season....he is much less likely to do that than the Mets are to actually win the World Series.

An older gentleman sitting nearby was a NYY fan and told the nurses "Making us watch the Mets? Aren't we suffering enough?". Then he told his wife, "I'm rooting for the Mets when I watch them, I don't have enough time left to waste it rooting against anyone'.

Good sentiment. Could be none of us has enough time left to root against anyone. Enjoy today.

Stubhub has a listing for a Mets 50th Anniversary event. Anyone know anything about it?

The 50th Anniversary of the Mets Tickets
    Sun, 06/17/2012 8:00 p.m. EDT Kaufmann Concert Hall
    New York, NY

Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    Stubhub has a listing for a Mets 50th Anniversary event. Anyone know anything about it?

The 50th Anniversary of the Mets Tickets
    Sun, 06/17/2012 8:00 p.m. EDT Kaufmann Concert Hall
    New York, NY
    I was gonna say, that's Keith Hernandez Bobblehead Day (not to mention Father's Day), but Kaufmann Concert Hall? That's the "92nd St. Y" on the Upper East Side.

Apparently it's this sold-out event sponsored by SNY:

The 50th Anniversary of the NY Mets

SNY, the official television home of the New York Mets, commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Metropolitans in style as they unveil the New York Mets all-time team.
    This once-in-a-lifetime event features many of the top players ever to grace the Mets uniform, including “The Franchise” Tom Seaver, 11-time gold glove winner Keith Hernandez and many more.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    About as good of a promotion as you can ask for. Can only buy one at a time though, but what the heck! I bought two and they're close enough that I'm sure there'll be a way to sit together anyway.

Where'd you end up on the Prom level? Fair or foul territory?

My thoughts are with you, this is tough stuff. Really puts the whole "grown men playing a boy's game - and we're not even the men doing the playing, we're just watching" thing into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Yeah. I just kept trying until I got two in the same row, and I ended up getting seats 8 and 10. I'm sure the person in seat 9 (if he/she shows up) won't mind moving down one seat.

Mandrake, my thoughts are with you man - I just went through the same thing two years ago. If company is any comfort, it's a big club and growing every day at our age. My Dad's great last sporting event was watching Phil Mickelson - his favorite - win the Masters with his sons hanging out by the bed, all of us sipping a few beers (he was allowed at that point). None of this is easy, but that day showed me that sports can be a big part of the real lasting memories, because the best sports memories are the ones we share.

Peace man.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Not swiss cheese sauce - thousand island dressing [edit: actually, both]. Yeah, I noticed that one too. It's basically a reuben sandwich but instead of rye bread it's on fried tortilla chips (nachos). I'd prefer it on rye bread myself (and with spicy mustard instead of 1,000 island dressing) but it's for real.

Here's a pic I took of it, I was so surprised by the idea of something called "pastrachos":

pastrachos by robardin, on Flickr
    That menu also includes the foot long hot dog. Weren't you looking for that?

Loved everything about the ball park yesterday. especially Gary Carter's family and tributes and the WIN! just wondering what u guys would think of this seat..loved the location but it bothered me enough to call my rep and get moved to prom 424..am i being too picky? thanks for the opinions..
    422(2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nickyrods19 View Post
    Loved everything about the ball park yesterday. especially Gary Carter's family and tributes and the WIN! just wondering what u guys would think of this seat..loved the location but it bothered me enough to call my rep and get moved to prom 424..am i being too picky? thanks for the opinions..
    422(2).jpg
    Hey, you pay your hard earned after tax money for your seats! IMO they should have told you they were partially obstructed seats with that plexiglass in your face. I'd be on the phone in a NY minute to my rep about the situation and I think I can speak for everyone on this thread that they would do the same thing. You're not being picky at all... all you want is a good value for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Stubhub has a bunch of Prom Reserved singles for a buck or two. I don't have a problem with a guy making a buck, but some of these guys will only net 85 cents

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyrods19 View Post
    u have more obstruction with the guy in front of you!!!, the plexiglass is annoying but the mets don't consider that as obstruction, well nobody else is in front of it blocking you view.. its like hockey when u are in lower rows. but if u dont like the plexig call them , maybe u get better seats.

Where'd you end up on the Prom level? Fair or foul territory?
    Foul, got two in the same row in 503, a few seats apart, but looks like everyone will be doing musical chairs up there this weekend!

Page 97 of 287 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast