Page 97 of 212 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5278

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    You are right, a lot of potential for trouble. Hopefully they have a lot of security out there and give a quick hook to anyone who starts acting up and stop serving people who are obviously intoxicated. I never could figure out why people would drink to get drunk at sporting events considering the prices of alcohol and tickets. Some are so drunk there is no way they can follow the game and enjoy it. If they want to get drunk, they should just hang out at the local bar and enjoy less expensive drinks and watch the game on TV until they pass out.
    The idea of a party area for groups is great. Having kids/adults birthday parties with a visit from Mr Met, etc. Or other parties. All you can eat food, ice cream, water, iced tea , soda, etc. I would just charge the regular price if people want a beer...... leaving the party area and waiting on line at $8 a pop cools peoples jets. Having it 'all you can drink" just encourages people to try to get their money's worth. I went to a Sat nite game against Philly in 2009 (1969 nite) and it was dangerous out in sec 133 where my wife and I sat....fights everywhere with Mets security looking outmanned. And nobody had all you can drink beer ! This is nickel beer night in Cleveland adjusted for inflation !

I have been in suites in the Meadowlands, MSG and Shea and if people looked like they were getting a little out of hand, it was relatively easy to calm the situation. In an area where strangers could be sitting together, like a subway series or Philly game, look out. Do we want a Giants fan @ Dodger Stadium replay?

Late addendum: Mets are now advertising single tickets for this area.
    Last edited by mandrake; 04-04-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Anyone have the link for the buy OD, get 2nd game free??

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    The link in this post from Gary a few days ago seems to still work:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...0936-258670200
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

its in post 2328

I love the way they have it phrased in the e-mail: "And to thank you for your continued support, you can choose to come back on Saturday or Sunday for free." Gave me a mental picture of someone casually walking in on Saturday of Sunday, no ticket needed, sitting anywhere they like, and enjoying the game.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

T minus 24 hours before 1st pitch... Prom INF/BOX have been pulled...

The hub is down to 600, $59 being the cheapest..

And now 520 left. So all the bluster of the Mets not approaching a sellout was just more hot air. Sellout or not, it'll be so close as to be negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    And now 520 left. So all the bluster of the Mets not approaching a sellout was just more hot air. Sellout or not, it'll be so close as to be negligible.
    There are ons of Field Level Seats left though . Field Box still gives you row 13

802 tickets (weird, 200+ Ticket Refill???).. cheapest $65..

802 tickets (weird, 200+ Ticket Refill???).. cheapest $65..
    Considering the cheapest available at the time of this posting is a $95 Baseline Box, a $65 in-the-door price makes sense. Maybe some PTH / STH decided to sell since the selling is good....
    (Even though Prom Reserve is still available from the pull-down, you cannot find a single ticket.)

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

The last minute run has everything to do with the nice weather tomorrow. Long range forecast for next Friday is windy and rainy, so if that holds up you can easily predict Yankees home opener prices will take a giant nose dive

Just picked up 2 in Field Box Silver (109 row 6).. $153 per.. Considering season ticket face is $152... not too shabby...

It's been long winter and I really missed the recreation of tracking aftermarket prices.

I'm not kidding. I really did.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The last minute run has everything to do with the nice weather tomorrow. Long range forecast for next Friday is windy and rainy, so if that holds up you can easily predict Yankees home opener prices will take a giant nose dive
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

T minus 24 hours before 1st pitch... Prom INF/BOX have been pulled...

The hub is down to 600, $59 being the cheapest..
    Prom res is back up for $46. It was down to $40 before disappearing

Two Boots Pizza coming to Citi Field.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Late addendum: Mets are now advertising single tickets for this area.
    Per the email I got the single tickets are only available for the last four games of this home stand, so I suspect they are treating those seats like the old Shea bleacher seats that were rarely sold as single tixs.

In all the years I went to Shea I sat in the bleachers for one game early in 2008 (the only other time I got in that section the game was rained out)

Quote Originally Posted by schnu View Post
    Per the email I got the single tickets are only available for the last four games of this home stand, so I suspect they are treating those seats like the old Shea bleacher seats that were rarely sold as single tixs.

In all the years I went to Shea I sat in the bleachers for one game early in 2008 (the only other time I got in that section the game was rained out)
    For a while they were free on Wednesday if you had an empty Pepsi can. Too bad you missed it. Good Times

Blog Entries
    its weird to see that the mets have their ticketing webpage down for todays game, no tickets available for today OD, and stubhub prices went up like crazy, still over 2hrs for 1st pitch.

Blog Entries
    if someone knows where i can stream the game, i'll appreciate. cant go to the game, need to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jfvmets View Post
    its weird to see that the mets have their ticketing webpage down for todays game, no tickets available for today OD, and stubhub prices went up like crazy, still over 2hrs for 1st pitch.
    You can buy them at the box office

It does not looked packed, let's just put it that way. Alderson's Reyes dividend is cashed this week....
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    It does not looked packed, let's just put it that way. Alderson's Reyes dividend is cashed this week....
    Worse yet, Santana lost his no-hitter and perfect game in the first inning!!

I noticed a few food differences at Citi Field today. No more crab cake sandwich at CotD (one of my faves!), replaced by some shrimpy thing; Taqueria Verano no longer has the 3 full sized taco combo, it's a smaller sampler like set now; couldn't find a foot-long hot dog at the "Ballpark Eats" stand, though maybe they weren't always sold everywhere Nathan's dogs were sold. And Cascarino's pizza is now "Two Boots", didn't eat it to compare.

Is mama's still there??? I redeemed my vouchers.. and got section 121 for the Phillies May game..

Page 97 of 212 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast