Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New logo speculation

Like I said...UM ripoff

When the Dodgers and Giants moved West, the only thing changed was the cap logo and road unis..and those were donr without changing the identity and colors of both teams.

See no reason why they couldn't have done the same with the Florida unis.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Well, since 1958, the Giants and numerous other teams have changed their uniforms - some of them many times, and some designs were certainly more successful than others. Even the Dodgers, whose logo and basic uniform design has remained the same since at least the 1930s, have made a few subtle changes and have introduced alternates over the years.

A few have also changed their name and/or city affiliation: Cincinnati Red Stockings/Reds/Redlegs/Reds; Brooklyn Greys/Grooms/Bridegrooms/Superbas/Robins/Trolley Dodgers/Dodgers; Washington (AL) Nationals/Senators; Los Angeles/California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim; Houston Colt .45s/Astros; Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays. Even the New York Yankees have changed names. The team originated in Baltimore as the Orioles in 1901, moved to New York as the Highlanders in 1903, and became the Yankees when they moved to the Polo Grounds from Hilltop Park in 1913.

In football, basketball, and hockey, city and team name changes are almost too numerous to count.

I think the issue is not so much that the Marlins have changed their city name or uniform, it's that this particular design is so gosh-darned UGLY and uninspiring. If the goal was to create a unique identity and enthusiasm for the team and attract fans to their new stadium, this just doesn't do it for me.
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

I have a feeling that for decaded you will see people wearing teal to the ballpark instead of buying and wearing the new unis.

At the risk of sounding like a parrot.

I guess the good thing is no one gives a &^#$ what we think.
    The Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I have a feeling that for decade you will see people wearing teal to the ballpark instead of buying and wearing the new unis.
    Teal it is!
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

Untitled-Stitched-05.jpg

Anyone ever notice the similarity between the new Marlins color scheme and Google's? I dunno, jus' sayin'...
    Last edited by Chef Bill; 03-16-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

There's no accounting for taste, or maybe it's just because it's something new.

Marlins merchandise sales off to a strong start
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-marli...,6459248.story

Nationwide, Sports Authority reported that Miami Marlins gear has outsold all other team merchandise this quarter, including that of teams from other sports, said Howard Smith, senior vice president of licensing for Major League Baseball. "We've had upwards of 15 teams change their uniform or total [look] this year, but the Marlins are No. 1," Smith said. "Nothing has matched the intensity of this."

69386864.jpg
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

Kind of like here in Tampa Bay when the Rays went to their new look between the 2007-08 seasons. Didn't hurt that their shills in the media were plugging the now look (Mariners ripoff, as I called it).

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Bill View Post
    Untitled-Stitched-05.jpg

Anyone ever notice the similarity between the new Marlins color scheme and Google's? I dunno, jus' sayin'...
    what about this one

So are the Marlins identifying with ALL those colors now, or what? Really, I can't even think of a reason as to why they thought a uniform change would be a good idea.
    The Evil Empire shall strike back again!
    http://litbases.wordpress.com/

Between Miami, Winter Springs and Largo, Fl
    IMO the new name, uniforms, logo, colors they are ALL just awesome..It's a brand NEW era and they go hand in hand with Marlins Park !!!! I have a NEW Marlins orange Polo shirt that is a killer and I can use it for the Miami 'Canes games too..

I guess is NORMAL for some people to reject changes, I look at the Pos+ive side of things, and I find changes are great !!!
    Last edited by colocolo; 04-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Chairman of the Bored

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123