Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams that should update logos and/or uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundin' third View Post
    As far as names on the back of a uniform go, I don't see a need for them. If someone is watching a game on tv how often do you see that player from the back? Maybe only the pitcher, since the pitcher is mostly seen from the centerfield shot.
    Plus onscreen graphics identify the player when they are up at bat.
    If I'm unfamiliar with a player and not at the ballpark or have Gamecast up, I have to wait for the TV graphic to tell me who he is. When the Braves and Padres played on Jackie Robinson Day back in 2009, it was annoying because every player was wearing 42 with no name on their jersey. It ruined the experience of those retro uniforms, and I had to wait for the TV graphics to pop up to inform me whom the Padre players were.

There may not be a need for names on jerseys, but that doesn't mean they have to go away.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 04-16-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherMan View Post
    love that the orioles went back to old hats...may just be the best in baseball now...
    They look like farmers or truck drivers to me. Not that there's anything wrong with those occupations.

the Marlins? in my opinion there hasnt been a team that has gone through so many uniform changes and never gotten it right...the new ones are horrible
    The San Diego Padres would like a word with you...
    "Only twice in my life has the hair on the back of my neck stood up straight. The first time was when I saw Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The second time was when I saw Sandy Koufax's fastball" - Al Campanis.

The Rockies need new uniforms, in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    You got me on the Padres one...good call

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    They look like farmers or truck drivers to me.
    The road versions, with the black body and orange bill, are well superior and I wish they would use them full time.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Im honored to go into the Baseball Hall of Fame with such a great group of men. - Tom Glavine.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post
    The Rockies need new uniforms, in my opinion.
    I can't agree. IMO the Rockies nailed it when they designed their home uniforms--classic and timeless.

Interesting to note--the Rockies home unis are essentially unchanged since their inception 19 years ago. I believe they are the longest, time-wise, unchanged uniform to begin a franchise in the entire 100+ year history of MLB.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Too many teams have red and white as their colors. (Reds, Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals, Phillies, Angels)

Why not red and black? That would be cool...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Too many teams have red and white as their colors. (Reds, Red Sox, Nationals, Cardinals, Phillies, Angels)

It was........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Only twice in my life has the hair on the back of my neck stood up straight. The first time was when I saw Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The second time was when I saw Sandy Koufax's fastball" - Al Campanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post

I think the Nationals are red and navy...

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    It was........
    But those uniforms still have white in them. I'm talking about ones that would have ONLY red and black. No white at all.

Meaning: The home uni could be a red jersey with black lettering, plus black trousers. Road uni: Reverse those colors (black jersey, red lettering and trousers).
    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 04-17-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    I can't agree. IMO the Rockies nailed it when they designed their home uniforms--classic and timeless.
    Ugh, nothing says mid-90s to me like the sleeveless home uniforms. I don't care for them.

Agreed with the awesomeness of the Orioles reto hat (and the jays too) and the dopey looking sleeveless look. Otherwise, the Rockies threads are pretty nice.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

I think the Rangers should dump the red uniforms. I prefer the blue uniforms. It also reminds me of the Mets blue color scheme.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew C. View Post
    Agreed with the awesomeness of the Orioles reto hat (and the jays too) and the dopey looking sleeveless look. Otherwise, the Rockies threads are pretty nice.
    Yeah, I guess I should say that I was talking about the Rockies alternate uni. Their regular home and away are fine, I just don't like the alt.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post
    Yeah, I guess I should say that I was talking about the Rockies alternate uni. Their regular home and away are fine, I just don't like the alt.
    We're in agreement there then. The black vests are hideous and should be scrapped.
    - Walt Whitman

Rangers need to redo their home and away jerseys. Too much is going on with the red outline and black shadows on the lettering and numbers. The red and blue alts are OK. They should go back to the early 90's unis or mid to late 90's unis.

Brewers need to drop their current set. They should bring back the MB glove logo and make their current Friday uniform their full time home uni. Also, bring back the script Milwaukee for the road uni.

I wasn't a big fan of the Diamondbacks uniform, but it was better than the current one. The current ones seem kind of generic.

The Padres made some improvement this season with their uniforms. I say keep the current road uniform and make their late 90s home their new home uniform.

The Braves need to ditch their blue tops. I'm not a fan of them at all. Blue numbers on the blue uniform not working.

The Pirates home and away uniforms are fine, except the previous model was perfect. The should have kept them.

Blue Jays and Mets really improved their uniforms this season. Some of the best in baseball now. Everyone else has anywhere from great to decent uniforms, and no need of any immediate upgrades.
    Last edited by Yankeefan3783; 04-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Baseball uniforms have a much cleaner look with no name on the backs. I think baseball could do away with NOB's and it wouldn't hurt the game at all. All stadiums have player info on the game scoreboard. TV broadcasts display player names, and TV and radio announcers have team guides with information for every player, so they'd be OK too. Plus, unless a fan has seats close to the field, it's hard to make out a players name.

I am happy with my teams Uni's they look spiffy i like the baby blue ones the best that they wear on the sunday games.

a5c1ce86-d88a-4d10-a732-0af911019b55.jpg

Only uni's i don't really like are the Pads and the A's the A's colors are almost as mad as the old Devil Rays colors.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    I am happy with my teams Uni's they look spiffy i like the baby blue ones the best that they wear on the sunday games.
    Gotta love the striped 'rups they pair with the baby blues. One of the best looks in MLB.

4744296570_6d8ce13436_z.jpg

4743659363_c370794a02_z.jpg
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Why do most teams that have alternate jerseys wear them more often than their regular white or gray jerseys? It's annoying to me. It's like it's a miracle when a team like the Rays doesn't wear their blue or powder blue jerseys or when the Braves are wearing their road gray jerseys instead of their dark alternates.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Why do most teams that have alternate jerseys wear them more often than their regular white or gray jerseys? It's annoying to me. It's like it's a miracle when a team like the Rays doesn't wear their blue or powder blue jerseys or when the Braves are wearing their road gray jerseys instead of their dark alternates.
    The term "alternate jersey" is just semantics for the most part. For all intents and purposes they're not "alternates", just another jersey option that can be worn whenever they want. Also, most of the time it's not a front office decision--it's up to the starting pitcher or players to decide what jersey the team should wear on any given day.

It's not really a new thing. Back in the early 70s the A's had 3 jerseys, white, gold and green. Even though the white was the "home" jersey they wound up wearing the colored ones more at home than the whites. In the late 70s the Pirates did the same thing.

These days it's just a lot more teams doing what the A's and Pirates did back in the day--having mix and match jerseys that can be worn either home or road.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Haters gonna hate

Haters gonna hate
    Because he disagrees with you, he's a "hater?" Boy have I gotten tired of that phrase lately..

Teams that need new uniforms:
    --Marlins
    --Pirates
    --Brewers
    --Diamondbacks
    Mike Hopper
    Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Blog Entries
    Haters gonna hate
    You and Seattle: top 2 homers on BF
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Blog Entries
    The D-Backs Uni's take a lot of flack for some reason...I personally really like the Sedona Red color and the snake logo...certainly far more manly than their original uni's and the horrible purple, a color I do not believe should belong on uni's...also, someone mentioned the Nats W being boring, I really like it as well...the Tigers do not need a makeover, their D is a classic...the PADRES unis have made some improvement, but the problem I have with them is that they seem to have so many...the new Marlins look is horrible to me...looks like a rainbow

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast