Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Teams that should update logos and/or uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by riverfrontier View Post

To Phantom Dreamer....you're a stickler for words, are you not? You should understand the word 'abortion' does not solely define what you take such offense to. Sit back, paint a nice picture in your head of Phil Bradley running around in a powder blue clown suit, and lighten up a bit, would ya?
    I'm guessing that he's talking about my post. In that instance, he didn't understand the context in which I used the word and, furthermore, must not realize that it has more than one meaning. I'm sure that no other posters here took offense to it.

machinehead11, you owe me an apology.

The compromise, that is the 1 button pullover jersey.
    Form and function in one. It will allow teams to continue to wear generic looking jerseys with the piping around the neck and down the would-be placket. The wordmark, however, will be uninterupted, resulting in a cleaner look than a nonsensical button-front shirt would have. I have a minimum of 11 teams wearing 1 button pullover jerseys. I have at least 11 teams wearing v-neck/crewneck pullover jerseys. More in the offing.

1 button pullover jersey from 2009 All Star festivities.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Mariners

Being pro-athletic wear, I cannot fully endorse these uniforms, however it would represent an upgrade over the Mariners' current stale look. You give me an athletic wear version with 'Mariners' replacing 'Seattle' on the road jersey, then I'd be really intrigued.

The Rangers, D-backs, and Brewers all need an upgrade in uniforms.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    The Rangers, D-backs, and Brewers all need an upgrade in uniforms.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    The dbacks take a lot of heat for their unis, including their own fans...I am apparently one of the few that like the sedona red and much prefer it to the purple

Won't happen, but I'd like to see the Braves go back to the look from 82-85 or so.
    Favorite Players: Don Mattingly, Lance Parrish

Quote Originally Posted by LanceRoten View Post
    Won't happen, but I'd like to see the Braves go back to the look from 82-85 or so.
    This really won't happen, but I'd like to see them go back to the look from '55.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

Ladies and gentlemen, get excited, behold the new Pittsburgh Pirates' primary logo!!!

Pittsburgh-Pirates-New-Primary-Logo-2014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    This really won't happen, but I'd like to see them go back to the look from '55.
    Well, they're closer to that now than they are the '81-'86 look.

I would love to see that shoulder patch again, along with the stripey stirrups from that era. The Braves sported those about a decade ago but His Royal Larryness disapproved, so they were retired again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"It is not easy to be near your best every single day. Some would even say itís impossible. Weíre all just human beings. But itís not impossible. Henry Aaron did it." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Los Bravos View Post
    Well, they're closer to that now than they are the '81-'86 look.

I would love to see that shoulder patch again, along with the stripey stirrups from that era. The Braves sported those about a decade ago but His Royal Larryness disapproved, so they were retired again.
    I didn't know Chipper also worked for the Braves in a sartorial capacity.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

De facto.

He even sort of looks like he's looking at Mike's stirrups disapprovingly in that image.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"It is not easy to be near your best every single day. Some would even say itís impossible. Weíre all just human beings. But itís not impossible. Henry Aaron did it." - Joe Posnanski

Hey Mariners, Seattle isn't in the North Atlantic. Bring Back the Trident!

No more.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, get excited, behold the new Pittsburgh Pirates' primary logo!!!

Pittsburgh-Pirates-New-Primary-Logo-2014.jpg
    If truth be known, the iconic cap logo has always the constant primary logo, from Ralph Kiner to the 2013 NL MVP. The pre 1987 Pirate uniforms rarely ever had a logo of a pirate on the uniform, and that includes the 1960s and 1970s. The team will still be getting a new pirate logo for the sleeve, probably next year. What happened earlier this year was the team president jumped the gun a little when he said it would be redesigned. These things take some time, so the organization should have waited until they were set with the proposed new design.

I've often thought that the White Sox should add some red to their colors, for accent purposes only. It could liven up their uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzycohen View Post
    I've often thought that the White Sox should add some red to their colors, for accent purposes only. It could liven up their uniforms.
    Did you watch any Sunday home games this year (1983 uniforms) or last year (1972 uniforms)?

White Sox announce that their '83 throwbacks are now part of their permanent uniform rotation.
    http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/02/...t-alt-uniform/

The story of the Milwaukee Brewers' greatest logo, one of the more popular ones in baseball history!

Pitch Clock Now! Pitch Clock Now! Pitch Clock Now!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425