• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDL
    Who the hell is Stan Papi
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by GijsZepa View Post
    Running around with a dutch flag ?
    I wish. I am weering my Dutch team cap and WBC Nederland shirt. I'm safe..nobody here knows of the World Cup. No mention of it in the newspapers or on MLB Metwork here...
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Unit312J
      • Dec 2007

interesting

My sources have informed me that this is indeed the last World Cup. The World Baseball Classic will be the World Championship event, and in the off years, so in 2015 and 2019 they will hold the Premier 12 Tournament. The Premier 12 Tournament will consist of the top 12 teams from the prior World Baseball Classic. It is believed that the Premier Tournament will be run under similar rules as the World Cup, meaning no 40 man roster players and such..

Interesting...

Comment

• USA101
        • Dec 2010

I didnt know 12 year olds could be on 40 man rosters .
        LOL

Comment

• jeter2
          • Oct 2009

Wazzup with the USA? They look awfull losing to Dutch and canada unacaptable.

Comment

• Mischa
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
            After going down a cumulative 21-0 in their first two games do you want to change your pick from Australia to another team?
            Looks like my pick of Australia was correct. I got 7 out of 8 teams right, which I think is pretty good, my only error being choosing the Dominican Republic over South Korea. The Dominicans could have made it with better managing and/or relief pitching.

Comment

• USA101
              • Dec 2010

USA is playing terrible unless we can get on a roll were not sniffing the medal games. Also, Australia has been on a tear offensively, I personally would like to see them or the Dutch take the gold.

Comment

• jeter2
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by USA101 View Post
                USA is playing terrible unless we can get on a roll were not sniffing the medal games. Also, Australia has been on a tear offensively, I personally would like to see them or the Dutch take the gold.
                True dat.if the USA doesn't win. I don't want Cuba to win I'm tired of them going to the finals every year. I like to see a new country like the Dutch or any country for that matter.

Comment

• jeter2
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  I wish. I am weering my Dutch team cap and WBC Nederland shirt. I'm safe..nobody here knows of the World Cup. No mention of it in the newspapers or on MLB Metwork here...
                  Where were u born?

Comment

• brewcrew82
                    Mod against IL play!
                    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mischa View Post
                    Looks like my pick of Australia was correct. I got 7 out of 8 teams right, which I think is pretty good, my only error being choosing the Dominican Republic over South Korea. The Dominicans could have made it with better managing and/or relief pitching.
                    Definitely made a resurgence after the atrocious opening three games. I would have gone with the DR too, they've been a huge disappointment in this tourney.
                    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                      Learning all the time.
                      • Aug 2002

Australia is on a roll but they still need to lift a little in the next phase of the contest. Cuba is usually the team to beat because they take this competition very seriously and don't have to rely on MLB players for their strength. Is this being televised anywhere in USA?
                      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• SDL
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
                        Australia is on a roll but they still need to lift a little in the next phase of the contest. Cuba is usually the team to beat because they take this competition very seriously and don't have to rely on MLB players for their strength. Is this being televised anywhere in USA?
                        As far as I know, no US TV this time around. MLB Network carried a few games in 2009, but there were no MLB playoffs going on at the same time in '09...

Comment

• SDL
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jeter2 View Post
                          Where were u born?
                          Born and raised in the Boston area. Father was from Nederland. I have dual-citizenship. Call me a traitor, but when it coms to Holland v USA in sports, I'm going wth my roots all the way

Comment

• SDL
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
                            Cuba is playing tough because they've lost the last two Cups. This is more of a matter of pride for them.

Comment

• jeter2
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                              Born and raised in the Boston area. Father was from Nederland. I have dual-citizenship. Call me a traitor, but when it coms to Holland v USA in sports, I'm going wth my roots all the way
                              Well u beat me to it lol. I like to see the Dutch win the wc though not cuba

Comment

• SDL
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jeter2 View Post
                                Well u beat me to it lol. I like to see the Dutch win the wc though not cuba
                                I like the Cubans..just not against my fellow Dutchmen

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X