Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Last Baseball World Cup

I am crying tears of joy right now...
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Incredible ! and also fully deserved. Beating a great cuban side twice. So proud !

Congrats to the Dutch, I was so happy for them when they beat the D.R. and and amy happy for them now. The Netherlands has shown that no team in the world should ever taken them lightly. The assembled Dutch is no doubt a top 4 team no matter what people think of their individual components.

Congratulation Dutch, what an awesome game with a score of 2-1

Blog Entries
    Congrats to the Oranje!!

It's also good that their media didn't ignore their accomplishments:

De Telegraaf
    Algemeen Dagblad
    Metro
    Sp!ts

Congrats Dutch. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Pulling THE BIGGEST UPSET OF HISTORY OF BASEBALL BEATING D.R. TWICE. And now world cup champions beating Cuba. Congratulation Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
    Congrats to the Oranje!!

It's also good that their media didn't ignore their accomplishments:

De Telegraaf
    Algemeen Dagblad
    Metro
    Sp!ts
    No, not ignored at all. Biggest sport news this day and the final was (4AM in the morning) live on national television.
    Every media was talking about it.
    They will probably also become the sport team of the year !

so proud

Martin

Blog Entries
    The Netherlands is a team that will be reckoned with in the next WBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The Netherlands is a team that will be reckoned with in the next WBC.
    You got that right!

Blog Entries
    It's amazing just how much talent Curacao has produced lately for such a small island. I'm reaching but it's becoming a mini Dominican. How did baseball arrive in Curacao? From Venezuela or the Netherlands?

My guess, and that's all it is, would be the baseball influence comes from Venezuela rather than the Netherlands itself.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    Venezuela beat Panama 8-3 to finish in seventh spot and Australia beat South Korea 3-2 to get 5th.
    For those who didn't know, the US and Canada split the bronze due their game being washed out.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Who like to see the whole game (fina):

It's in 12 parts on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?uploa...C10%2C22&uni=3

Great pitching from 37 year old Cordemans

Martin

With this win. Baseball in Europe has a bright future. Who knows Czech republic could be the next team that is on the rise. It's great to see the euros doing the smart thing playing the best sport in the world baseball instead of soccer. Once again congrats Netherlands. Do you think curaçao should leave the Dutch team and play as a solo nation. Netherland Antilles used to play for the Dutch team but they left but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jeter2 View Post
    With this win. Baseball in Europe has a bright future. Who knows Czech republic could be the next team that is on the rise. It's great to see the euros doing the smart thing playing the best sport in the world baseball instead of soccer. Once again congrats Netherlands. Do you think curaçao should leave the Dutch team and play as a solo nation. Netherland Antilles used to play for the Dutch team but they left but I might be wrong.
    The Antilles had fielded a separate team at times, but they're no match for the regular Dutch team - see the 2009 World Cup results. While a good chunk of the winning Dutch team came from the Antilles (the Schoop brothers, Martis, Smith, Engelhardt, etc.), a good chunk also were born and raised in Europe (Gregorius, de Jong, Cordemans, Bergman, Kemp, etc.)

In April 2005 there was a special three team World Cup qualifier held in Bradenton, FL with the USA, Canada and the Czech Republic. The Czechs did not win a game but they were no pushovers, that is for sure. I was covering the tourmey and I was impressed. I was surprised to find out that it was MLB International who had sent coaches over there. I assumed that during the years they were part of the Soviet Bloc that Cuba had sent personnel over to teach them the game. Cuba had sent coaches over, but they were track & field coaches. The Czechs have hosted a Euro B pool and a World Univerisity Championship over the past few years. The game IS on the rise there, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    In April 2005 there was a special three team World Cup qualifier held in Bradenton, FL with the USA, Canada and the Czech Republic. The Czechs did not win a game but they were no pushovers, that is for sure. I was covering the tourmey and I was impressed. I was surprised to find out that it was MLB International who had sent coaches over there. I assumed that during the years they were part of the Soviet Bloc that Cuba had sent personnel over to teach them the game. Cuba had sent coaches over, but they were track & field coaches. The Czechs have hosted a Euro B pool and a World Univerisity Championship over the past few years. The game IS on the rise there, that is for sure.
    Oh okay cool. The Czech really do care about baseball putting there games on national television. The czechs have along way to go but they playing in the WBC should boost there experience. I'm very surprised that MLB academy has not been russia that's big market show MLB games in Russia I doubt it.

Oh okay cool. The Czech really do care about baseball putting there games on national television. The czechs have along way to go but they playing in the WBC should boost there experience. I'm very surprised that MLB academy has not been russia that's big market show MLB games in Russia I doubt it.
    I'm not really sure what has happened with the russians. During the Europeans championships in 2001 they suprised the dutch. They became the only team next to the Italians that have beaten the dutch during the europeans. They even made it to the final but lost to the same dutch.

After that year the result became worst. They nowadays are not in the european top ten.

Martin

The only thing you know is you never know and that you know for sure!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345