Thread: Jim Riggleman abruptly resigns as manager after Thursday's win over Seattle

Jim Riggleman abruptly resigns as manager after Thursday's win over Seattle

Much as I follow the Nationals, I had no clue that there was trouble brewing...

Unhappy with contract, Riggleman resigns

What a shocker! Anyone have any insight?
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

I was shocked how well Washington was playing so I assummed Riggleman was the toast of the town. I cant believe he quit.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Riggleman has demonstrated that he is no Mensa candidate. He wanted the Nats to pick up his option year by the end of today or he was walking. Here is a 58 year old guy who is qualified for nothing else, who is making way into 6 figures, is easily replaced (no shortage of ex-managers who will job at this job), who has zero chance of finding anyone who will employ him at anything like that money and he quits because his feelings are hurt??
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Talk about mother****ing a team.
    Just call me a sports fan.