Keith Hernandez
    Red Schoendienist
    Jesse Haines
    Silver King
    Larry Jackson
    Jim Bottomley
    Marty Marion
    Ray Lankford
    Tip O'Neill(I thought the only Tip O'Neill was a House Speaker.....)
    Pepper Martin
    Willie McGee
    Ed Konetchy

Contributers:
    Gussie Busch
    Tony LaRussa
    Billy Southworth
    Chris von der Ahe (What a name!)
    Eddie Dyer
    Please start trying to alphabetize your list. I'm doing plenty of work putting up the threads and compiling the votes. I use a spreadsheet to help count the vote, and I've listed the candidates alphabetically. You're making extra and unnecessary work for me by making me sort it out. I don't want to have to make alphabetizing a rule for a valid ballot, but if necessary, I will do so. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in the future.
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jalbright View Post
    It's fine, though I assume you mean lankford and am counting it that way unless otherwise advised.
    yes lankford, is it ok if i re-edit im not to keen on bob forsch being on my list over bill white.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    yes lankford, is it ok if i re-edit im not to keen on bob forsch being on my list over bill white.
    You may edit until the balloting closes. I'd just appreciate either a PM or a post in the affected voting thread to alert me to the change so I do not miss it.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

You may edit until the balloting closes. I'd just appreciate either a PM or a post in the affected voting thread to alert me to the change so I do not miss it.
    ok i made changes on my list, foutz and caruthers are both gone and marion and white are in.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Blog Entries
    We had 10 votes in both the contributor and player ballots, which means 8 votes were needed to elect. I'll list the official results, players first, and those elected over a gap separating them from those not elected.

Players
    9 Bottomley, Jim
    9 Edmonds, Jim
    9 Schoendienst, Red
    8 Brecheen, Harry
    8 Flood, Curt
    8 Hernandez, Keith
    8 Marion, Marty
    8 O'Neill, Tip
    === ========
    7 Caruthers, Bob
    7 Lankford, Ray
    6 Konetchy, Ed
    5 Haines, Jesse
    5 Jackson, Larry
    5 McGee, Willie
    4 King, Silver
    4 Martin, Pepper
    3 Cooper, Mort
    3 Foutz, Dave
    3 White, Bill
    1 Breitenstein, Ted
    1 Forsch, Bob
    1 Hafey, Chick
    1 Sutter, Bruce
    1 Torre, Joe

Contributors
    9 LaRussa, Tony
    9 Southworth, Billy
    == ===========
    7 Busch, Gussie
    7 von der Ahe, Chris
    2 Devine, Bing
    1 Buck, Jack
    1 Commiskey, Charlie
    1 Schoendienst, Red

I will put up an election or two tomorrow.

so those 8 guys go in the bbf cardinal hof?

It really seems that Jesse Haines is suffering from the stigma of being a poor Cooperstown selection. He was a staple of the Cardinals rotation for 15 years, as he is one of only two pitchers with the Cardinals with 3,000+ IP and one of only with 200+ wins. He also pitched well in four World Series, posting a 1.67 ERA in 32 IP. His 109 ERA+ isn't great, but in the context of just this franchise but should be good enough given his longevity with the franchise, and I don't think any pitcher contributed more to the Cardinals save Bob Gibson. After two rounds, Haines is a decided omission, IMO.

Blog Entries
    We have elected the eight players ending with O'Neill a few posts up and the two contributors.

On another note, Haines will make my ballot next go round.

We have elected the eight players ending with O'Neill a few posts up and the two contributors.

On another note, Haines will make my ballot next go round.
    so we do another voting?

Blog Entries
    Not for a while. We'll drop teams who the voters don't show sufficient interest in--some of the more recent franchises may well be one and done. However, there are several franchises we haven't even done once yet, and 13 of the original 16 that haven't started a second round. The reason we're not finishing the first round before starting the second for the original 16 is simply that interest had waned with the expansion teams. The mixing of expansion teams with the original 16 is a response to that issue. I don't want to do the third round for the Cards until all the original 16 have had their second round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12