• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SamtheBravesFan
    Braves Fan For Life
    • Nov 2005

Braves First Half Impressions

In spite of everything that's gone wrong this first half, I must say I'm proud of the work the Braves have done this season.

The pitching staff, as a whole, has been nothing short of incredible. The defense has been solid. The offense... well, let's face it: if the Braves don't get someone new, they're going to have to hope the underachievers improve.

I was planning to do a blog post later about the Braves and the first half, but I also thought it would be a good idea for us to talk about it here too.
    46 wins to match last year's total
  • PureBaseballFan
    I Believe Do You?
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    In spite of everything that's gone wrong this first half, I must say I'm proud of the work the Braves have done this season.

The pitching staff, as a whole, has been nothing short of incredible. The defense has been solid. The offense... well, let's face it: if the Braves don't get someone new, they're going to have to hope the underachievers improve.

I was planning to do a blog post later about the Braves and the first half, but I also thought it would be a good idea for us to talk about it here too.
    Considering the start the Braves got off to I would say it was a great first half. They Braves should add a bat though who that is could make ones head spin, the addition of Prado should help and Uggla so far this month has put up Uggla numbers of the past with a .243/.333/.568.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• chip&smoltz95
      chipper aka met-killer
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
      Considering the start the Braves got off to I would say it was a great first half. They Braves should add a bat though who that is could make ones head spin, the addition of Prado should help and Uggla so far this month has put up Uggla numbers of the past with a .243/.333/.568.
      i like the hunter pence idea i am just not sure it makes sense right now. Plus, can he even play CF? I mean you assume heyward isn't going to turn into frenchy. Also, despite chipper have surgery i don't see him retiring early and he might the option to vest for 2013 (not that he would play then). I think the team needs a CF. I really hoped that schafer could hold it down, but that's not working. Also, I don't want nate and his poor arm going back there. If chipper ends up being lost for the season to move prado to 3B and I am confident that nate and hinske (or schafer) could hold down LF.

Comment

• Richard
        • Aug 2007

I know he is young, but I thought Heyward would have been better.

Comment

• crazyhorsesghost
          Shoeless Joe Jackson Fan
          • Mar 2008

I am the happiest with them I have been in years. I hope they can keep it up. Wouldn't it be something if they could win the next 10. But it was sure close tonight. But a win is a win.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X