This is the second round for this franchise. The first round can be found here Already inducted are:
PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES SECTION BEFORE VOTING. THANK YOU.
FORMAT AND RULES
Purpose: The purpose of this project is to create a Hall of Fame for each franchise whereby each franchise will honor those individuals whose contributions and accomplishments are most notable, significant, and enduring to that franchise's history. This project is not about simply honoring those with the best statistics with each franchise.
Standards: Each franchise has its own unique history and context, and thus contributions and accomplishments that may stand out remarkably within one franchise's history, may not be so remarkable in another franchise's history. Standards from franchise to franchise will inherently vary, and thus there should be no impetus to create equal standards among the franchises or to aspire to the standards of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Consequently, subjectivity within the context of the franchise in question will play an inevitable role when considering an individual's contributions and accomplishments with respect to that franchise. In sum, a franchise's Hall of Fame should be unaffected by the standards and contexts of other franchises as well as the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and should be entirely a product of its own history.
Election Format: Elections will be conducted one franchise at a time starting in chronological order with the oldest continuously and currently operational franchise. Each election will last approximately seven days.
- Ballot Size: Voters can select up to 15 players and 5 contributors per election. Ballots that exceed the maximum limits at the close of an election will not be counted. There is no minimum ballot size.
- Ballot Editing: To account for ongoing discussion, voters may edit their ballots as often as necessary through the end of an election.
- Election Percentage: Any individual that is listed on at least 75% of either the player or contributor submitted ballots will be elected to that team's Hall of Fame. In instances where an individual receive votes as both a player and a contributor, that individual will be elected if listed on at least 75% of ballots in either category or if the individual's combined vote total is at least 75% of the category with the greatest number of ballots submitted.
- Subsequent Rounds: After an election has been performed for each franchise, a second round of elections will commence, again proceeding in chronological order. A third round of elections (and perhaps beyond) may also be held depending on interest.
- Players: Players may be considered by any currently operational franchise for which they appeared and are eligible either immediately upon officially retiring or after having not appeared at any level of professional baseball for an entire season for reasons not due to injury.
- Contributors: Individuals that contributed in other capacities to a franchise may be considered, including managers, coaches, executives, owners, and broadcasters, but not fictional characters such as mascots. Contributors that are still active may only be elected by their current employing franchise, and cannot be considered by prior employing franchises until no longer active (this does not apply to individuals who are employed by a franchise only in nominal and/or non-integral ways, such as in scouting, consulting, or public relations capacities).
- Multiple Capacities: The totality of contributions and accomplishments with respect to a franchise are to be considered, and thus an individual can only be elected once by a franchise. For purposes of ballot size limits, an individual should be designated either a player or contributor based on what the voter perceives to be the individual's greater role with the franchise. An individual should not be listed as either a player or contributor merely to facilitate ballot space for the other category.
- Relocations/Renaming: Franchises that have relocated and/or been renamed, may still consider and elect individuals that were with the franchise prior to the relocation/renaming.
- Multiple Franchises: An individual may be considered and elected by multiple franchises.
This election will end on Thursday, August 4, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Founded: 1901 (AL for entire existence)
- Former Locations/Names: Washington Senators (1901-1960)
- World Series Championships: 3 (1924, 1987, 1991)
- Pennants: 6 (1924, 1925, 1933, 1965, 1987, 1991)
- Division Titles: 10 (1969, 1970, 1987, 1991, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010)
- Wild Card Berths: 0
The following links are all courtesy of baseball-reference.com, baseball-almanac.com, and wikipedia.com, and may assist voters in determining an individual's impact on this franchise:
- Franchise Almanac
- All Batters
- All Pitchers
- Batting Leaders
- Pitching Leaders
- Most Common Positional Starters
- Most Common Pitching Staff Alignments
- Notable Owners and Executives
- Notable Broadcasters
- MVP Recipients (8): Joe Mauer (2009), Justin Morneau (2006), Rod Carew (1977), Harmon Killebrew (1969), Zolio Versalles (1965), Roger Peckinpaugh (1925), Walter Johnson (1924), Walter Johnson (1913)
- Cy Young Recipients (4): Johan Santana (2006), Johan Santana (2004), Frank Viola (1988), Jim Perry (1970)
- RoY Recipients (7): Marty Cordova (1995), Chuck Knoblauch (1991), John Castino (1979), Rod Carew (1967), Tony Oliva (1964), Bob Allison (1959), Albie Pearson (1958)
- Batting Triple Crown (0):
- Pitching Triple Crown (4): Johan Santana (2006), Walter Johnson (1924), Walter Johnson (1918), Walter Johnson (1913)
Multiple All Star Selections (no adjustment for double selections for 1959-1962)
Notable Managers (with at least 300 games managed with this franchise or at least one pennant win)Code:Rank Player Selections 1 Harmon Killebrew 13 2 Rod Carew 12 3 Kirby Puckett 10 4 Tony Oliva 8 5 Camilo Pascual 7 t6 Earl Battey 5 t6 Mickey Vernon 5 t8 George Case 4 t8 Rick Ferrell 4 t8 Chuck Knoblauch 4 t8 Dutch Leonard 4 t8 Joe Mauer* 4 t8 Justin Morneau* 4 t8 Joe Nathan* 4 t8 Roy Sievers 4 t8 Stan Spence 4 t17 Rick Aguilera 3 t17 Bob Allison 3 t17 Johan Santana* 3 t17 Cecil Travis 3 t21 Joe Cronin 2 t21 Gary Gaetti 2 t21 Eddie Guardado 2 t21 Jimmie Hall 2 t21 Sid Hudson 2 t21 Torii Hunter 2 t21 Jim Kaat 2 t21 Jim Lemon 2 t21 Buddy Lewis 2 t21 Walt Masterson 2 t21 Buddy Myer 2 t21 Jim Perry 2 t21 Rich Rollins 2 t21 Zolio Versalles 2 t21 Butch Wynegar 2 * Player is currently active
Code:Manager Games Win % WS Titles Pennants Div Titles Wild Cards Ossie Bluege 772 .488 Joe Cantillon 465 .490 Joe Cronin 308 .543 1 Chuck Dressen 329 .354 Ron Gardenhire* 1459 .550 6 Billy Gardner 621 .432 Clark Griffith 1364 .518 Bucky Harris 2776 .485 1 2 Walter Johnson 617 .570 Tom Kelly 2386 .478 2 2 2 Joe Kuhel 308 .345 Cookie Lavagetto 657 .414 Gene Mauch 772 .490 Jimmy McAleer 311 .426 Sam Mele 963 .546 1 Frank Quilici 568 .494 Bill Rigney 392 .531 1 Jake Stahl 305 .395 * Current manager