Thread: Using GIMP to make photos....

Hybrid View

Using GIMP to make photos....

I have been using GIMP (a free downloadable program) to make photos for TTM send outs for a few years. With the help of my son and friends I have progressed to a level where I believe that the quality is outstanding. Take a look at the progression.

(A) Simple design, not many extras but still works
    (B) An oval eclipse make the photo pop out
    (C) The 1959 Topps design now reigns as the choice.

Our photo collection is somewhere around 3,000 but with the new ‘59 style will predominately be the featured optioned.

It took my son and I about 2 hours (and some help from friends) to get it down but I think they are great. What I do is send three in the mail asking the players to keep one. What has happened in the past with option (B) the players tend to keep them all or send only one back…so offering to keep one of the three seems to work.

Anyone using this program. Would love to share other skills.

Chime in!

(C)
    scan0037.jpg
    (A)
    scan0036.jpg
    (B)
    scan0038.jpg

GIMP has allowed me to make the 1959 Topps style of many older players that cards are hard to come by or too expensive.
    It does a great job in taking smaller pixel sized photos into a printable 4x6 or 8x10 photo size.
    Some are them here on the photobucket page:

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Old%20Timers/
    Last edited by kearns643; 07-24-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Looking good, keep it up!

Our 1st return of the 1959 Topps remake. A few things about that I have noticed. The players tend to give a better looking signature and placement on a well put together effort. Player will also tend to keep some, or most, as was the case here...we sent 3 asked for him to keep "1" but got one back.
    scan0003.jpg
    Last edited by kearns643; 08-01-2011 at 04:15 PM.

I was just going to ask if you offered one to the player. They look good, it's cool that they like them enough to keep one (or more).