X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirty_Yankee78
    • May 2010

What no trades!!!!

Ok is any one with me on this, but it appears the NYY are not going to have any blockbuster trade deals.
    With the redsox landing Bedard, we need to drop pughes to the minors for a bit til he gets his composer back for next year and get that 5th man, does any one know how Mark Prior is doing down in the minors...that's a possibility. Well my opinion
    Deadline ends at mid-night, and i'm awaiting

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!
  • NJYankeeFan
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dirty_Yankee78 View Post
    Ok is any one with me on this, but it appears the NYY are not going to have any blockbuster trade deals.
    With the redsox landing Bedard, we need to drop pughes to the minors for a bit til he gets his composer back for next year and get that 5th man, does any one know how Mark Prior is doing down in the minors...that's a possibility. Well my opinion
    Deadline ends at mid-night, and i'm awaiting

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!
    Take a Valium and relax. Yes I would have liked Bedard but that is minor. There were not good option out there.

Rather make no trades than Bad Trades.

Comment

• Dirty_Yankee78
      • May 2010

Ok now there was good trades out there, but better then having a good and bad trade is making your own trade. Lets deal with the farm system. Yes they are good, but lets be honest, the only way they are going to be called up is if no one wants to be in pinstripes.

Comment

• quagmire
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dirty_Yankee78 View Post
        Ok now there was good trades out there, but better then having a good and bad trade is making your own trade. Lets deal with the farm system. Yes they are good, but lets be honest, the only way they are going to be called up is if no one wants to be in pinstripes.
        The only relatively good pitcher in the market was Jimenez. Do you think he is worth trading away Montero, our top two pitching prospects, and Nova? I honestly don't. Especially after him giving up 4 runs in the first inning last night before being pulled due to being traded and how he has performed this season so far.

Comment

• Dirty_Yankee78
          • May 2010

Well i'm not saying getting Jimenez...you can shop around and inquire to acquire....Yankees of old...all honesty, Cashman is getting week

Comment

• Yankeefan90
            The Italian Yankee Boy
            • Jul 2007

After Jimenez, the Yankees had very little options. Kuroda wouldn't waive his no trade clause and Wandy Rodriguez had a scary contract for a slightly above average to average pitcher. Carlos Zambrano could have been had for cheap, but the I'm sure Cashman didn't care for his personality and how it'd mesh with this team. My take on it is the Yankees possibly made the best deal without trading away prospects. They've brought Nova back up from the minors, your not going to get much better than a 9-4 record low 4.00 ERA, cost controlled, and only 24. Wouldn't have gotten any sort of deal like that for cheap. As for the bench and bullpen, wasn't going to get much better than a former gold glover (Chavez) and leader in saves (Soriano). Yanks are in fine shape to make the playoffs. Once they're there its a different animal.
            The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

• Blackout
              Circle of Bosses
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
              Take a Valium and relax.

or he could visit his local head shop

but on the reals I am freaking glad we didn't do anything stupid as we normally would.

bedard certainly has not been the most reliable pitcher in the past 5 years lol

Comment

• quagmire
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
                After Jimenez, the Yankees had very little options. Kuroda wouldn't waive his no trade clause and Wandy Rodriguez had a scary contract for a slightly above average to average pitcher. Carlos Zambrano could have been had for cheap, but the I'm sure Cashman didn't care for his personality and how it'd mesh with this team. My take on it is the Yankees possibly made the best deal without trading away prospects. They've brought Nova back up from the minors, your not going to get much better than a 9-4 record low 4.00 ERA, cost controlled, and only 24. Wouldn't have gotten any sort of deal like that for cheap. As for the bench and bullpen, wasn't going to get much better than a former gold glover (Chavez) and leader in saves (Soriano). Yanks are in fine shape to make the playoffs. Once they're there its a different animal.
                I get the concerns with Colon and Garcia. And Hughes is scaring me as well, but I agree. The market wasn't there this year. We could have gotten an arm to replace Joba in the pen, but our bullpen is still rock solid. Maybe Hughes will be sent to the bullpen to rediscover his magic like he did in 2009...

Comment

• TonyStarks
                  Yankee Forum Janitor
                  • Jun 2005

What exactly did you have in mind? Who was available that wouldn't have cost the Yanks to pay through the nose? Ubaldo was the best thing around, but he hasn't looked worthy of Montero plus one of the Killer B's.
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Dirty_Yankee78
                    • May 2010

This is all i'm saying...Yankees have a good farm system, we always produced legends. But when for the past few years, we aren't bringing guys up and in, and get the vets to win the gold, then deal for the gold.

Nova is great....He was awesome with Trenton
                    as for Montero, i've had not see him play, and all i hear is talk. We looking for some one to take Posadas place, then drop cervelli and bring in Montero, give him his break...but wait no playing time cause Martin is the starter. But To see hughes off top 5 to get his game back up would be good. A.J...well he's on he's on, he's off he is WAY off.

Just babbling

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                      • Dec 2008

Plenty of time.

Posted in season thread so I won't repeat here.

Comment

• Domenic
                        • Sep 2008

To be honest, the only thing I can hold against Cashman is his not being in on Bedard.

The Red Sox picked him up for what amounts to table scraps and, while his injury list is rather lengthy, he is precisely the sort of pitcher that a team like this needs to take a flier on. He has fantastic stuff, racks up K's, limits walks, destroys lefties, and so forth. He may not be a sure thing going down the line, but his cost wasn't that of a sure thing anyways.

Comment

• NJYankeeFan
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Domenic View Post
                          To be honest, the only thing I can hold against Cashman is his not being in on Bedard.

The Red Sox picked him up for what amounts to table scraps and, while his injury list is rather lengthy, he is precisely the sort of pitcher that a team like this needs to take a flier on. He has fantastic stuff, racks up K's, limits walks, destroys lefties, and so forth. He may not be a sure thing going down the line, but his cost wasn't that of a sure thing anyways.
                          Agree fully. Bedard could have been huge if healthy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X