X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicagowhitesox1173
    2005 World Series Champs
    • Jun 2010

8 picks in 5 hours thats a pretty good strech. Ian will probaly wake up around 730 for his pick, pretty productive day so far.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• BigRon
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
      Tim Raines 1996 Yankees
      Another good pick, in my opinion. I looked hard at Raines, Cochrane, and a couple of other guys when I went for Alomar. I just felt 2B would be a little harder to fill than LF with very high level talent.

Comment

• ian2813
        야구
        • Dec 2009

The way pitching is coming off the board, I might be wise to draft another hurler. However, there's a Hall of Fame slugger out there who can give me some flexibility in my outfield, and if someone else grabbed him before my turn came up again, I'd probably kick myself. Finding this opportunity too good to pass up, I select:

Al Simmons, 1930 PHA, LF, CF

The 1930 Athletics are now off the board, along with the 1995 Braves.
        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Chadwick
          Chasing Cooperstown
          • Sep 2002

To be truthful, Simmons was my next selection. Back to the drawing board...
          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
          "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
          "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• ian2813
            야구
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
            Hope nobody wanted John Smoltz...
            I don't know about that Smoltz character, but Mark Lemke? He would've been useful!
            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Windy City Fan
              Bitter Optimist
              • Aug 2003

Really happy this guy came back around to me, I'm surprised he's still available this late in the draft. Hank Greenberg.
              "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
              - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
              - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                2005 World Series Champs
                • Jun 2010

Really happy this guy came back around to me, I'm surprised he's still available this late in the draft. Hank Greenberg.
                im guessing he would want 1935 Greenberg due to Raines is his leftfielder.
                "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• ian2813
                  야구
                  • Dec 2009

You didn't declare a team, but since you've already drafted from the 1935 Tigers, you'd have to take Greenberg from the 1945 Tigers. Do you plan to platoon Greenberg and Raines in left field?
                  Last edited by ian2813; 08-30-2011, 05:51 PM.
                  Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                    2005 World Series Champs
                    • Jun 2010

do we make trades on here?

Comment

• ian2813
                      야구
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      do we make trades on here?
                      No, there are no trades in this draft.
                      Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                        Bitter Optimist
                        • Aug 2003

No. I didn't realize Greenberg only played LF for the 45 team. (Shoulda picked one of Cochrane's A's teams instead of his Tigers team) If can redo the pick, I'd take Barry Larkin instead. I know he played SS in the 1990 WS because I watched him.
                        "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                        - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                        - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• ian2813
                          야구
                          • Dec 2009

No. I didn't realize Greenberg only played LF for the 45 team. (Shoulda picked one of Cochrane's A's teams instead of his Tigers team) If can redo the pick, I'd take Barry Larkin instead. I know he played SS in the 1990 WS because I watched him.
                          Larkin it is. Just a reminder, Windy City Fan, if you're not sure which position a player played in the World Series, you can go to Baseball-Reference, find the page of the player you want and click on the "Postseason Gamelog" link to find out. I always check with each of my picks, even when I'm 99% sure of them beforehand.
                          Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Chadwick
                            Chasing Cooperstown
                            • Sep 2002

Jim Edmonds, CF - 2006 St. Louis Cardinals
                            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                            "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                            "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• BigRon
                              • Jan 2009

Looks like some of our guys aren't doing their research. I was hoping Greenberg would make it back to me. Well, he has, and now I've got to make a decision. Greenberg, who clearly would have hit more than 500 homers if not for military service, or a guy who DID hit more than 500- 583, to be exact. I'm really not sure who was better. Well, I'll take the one without the baggage:

Hank Greenberg, 1B- 1935 Detroit Tigers.

Comment

• ian2813
                                야구
                                • Dec 2009

Team #5 to come off the board is...the 1935 Detroit Tigers.
                                Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X