• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tyrus4189Cobb
    Gator wrastler
    • May 2007

Bert Campaneris of the 1972 A's

My final pick is Gene Woodling of the 1953 Yankees. Mr. Woodling holds a very unique distinction of having played his only postseason games with all five of the Yankees' 1949-1953 World Series stretch (which they all won).
    Last edited by Tyrus4189Cobb; 09-18-2011, 08:32 AM.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• Sockeye
      Sunday, May 14, 1978
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
      George Davis of the 1906 White Sox
      I believe Ian already chose George Davis
      My dream ballpark dimensions
      LF: 400 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
      Location....San Diego

Comment

• Tyrus4189Cobb
        Gator wrastler
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
        I believe Ian already chose George Davis
        I double-checked and everything. Too many names I must have missed him. Instead I'll take Bert Campaneris of the 1972 A's.
        "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• BigRon
          • Jan 2009

Normally I'd take another pitcher at this point. But, in spirit with the rules Ian has created, I'll pick a backup CFer so I'll be covered at every position. Of course, I already have a backup CFer in Eric Davis, but he can't play there according to the rules. So, I'll take one of the few guys who could go get 'em like Willie Mays-

Curt Flood, CF- 1964 St. Louis Cardinals.

Comment

• Chadwick
            Chasing Cooperstown
            • Sep 2002

Jim Brewer, RP, 1965 Los Angeles Dodgers
            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
            "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
            "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• ian2813
              야구
              • Dec 2009

Begone, 1972 A's! Away with you, 1964 Cardinals! Get outta heah, 1965 Dodgers! You're all off the board!
              Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• BigRon
                • Jan 2009

Ian, are you planning to set up a roster thread? It also could be used to post each team's "essay", if that's what you want to do.

Comment

• ian2813
                  야구
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
                  Ian, are you planning to set up a roster thread? It also could be used to post each team's "essay", if that's what you want to do.
                  I set up a roster thread just the other day. Check it out.
                  Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                    Bitter Optimist
                    • Aug 2003

Phil Rizzuto 1951 Yankees
                    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• ian2813
                      야구
                      • Dec 2009

For my final pick I will take a player who, while not great, was pretty solid in a fairly short career. He provides me with a left-handed bat off the bench and is versatile enough to play all three outfield positions. That's right, boys and girls, I'm talking about:

Wally Moon, 1959 Los Angeles Dodgers, LF, CF, RF
                      Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                        2005 World Series Champs
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                        For my final pick I will take a player who, while not great, was pretty solid in a fairly short career. He provides me with a left-handed bat off the bench and is versatile enough to play all three outfield positions. That's right, boys and girls, I'm talking about:

Wally Moon, 1959 Los Angeles Dodgers, LF, CF, RF
                        These guys like Derrill Thomas and Wally Moon I'll admit I snicker at but now I have to wonder if there more valuable than PieTraynor or Bernie Williams but being new to these drafts its a learning lesson but still I find it hard to believe that they would be much of a factor on any team. No disrespect on the picks but my god if I can take Ted Kluzinski or Greg Luzinski im taking em both over Wally Moon. Jeez dont get me started on who ya can pick over Derrill Thomas. Again no offense here because im sure you know what your doing.
                        Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM.
                        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• ian2813
                          야구
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                          These guys like Derrill Thomas and Wally Moon I'll admit I snicker at but now I have to wonder if there more valuable than PieTraynor or Bernie Williams but being new to these drafts its a learning lesson but still I find it hard to believe that they would be much of a factor on any team. No disrespect on the picks but my god if I can take Ted Kluzinski or Greg Luzinski im taking em both over Wally Moon. Jeez dont get me started on who ya can pick over Derrill Thomas. Again no offense here because im sure you know what your doing.
                          To be perfectly honest, I doubt any of us truly "knows" what he's doing. Since we can't be certain how the voters will evaluate our teams, we can only choose a strategy and cross our fingers that it pays off once we get to that stage of the competition. I opted for versatility because I hope the voters will look favorably on it. If they don't, well, that's the price you pay for taking risks.
                          Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Sockeye
                            Sunday, May 14, 1978
                            • Mar 2006

With our last pick we will take a player with 63.4 WAR and a 137 OPS+ Reggie Smith - 1981 Dodgers
                            My dream ballpark dimensions
                            LF: 400 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                            RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                            Location....San Diego

Comment

• ian2813
                              야구
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                              With our last pick we will take a player with 63.4 WAR and a 137 OPS+ Reggie Smith - 1981 Dodgers
                              Not a bad guy to have in a pinch-hitting role. I probably would've taken him myself if I could've played him in the field. And the 1981 Dodgers come off the board.
                              Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Bothrops Atrox
                                IDC/ZRC/NJC*/*
                                • Feb 2005

Mike Scoscia - 1988 Dodgers
                                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X