Thread: Any Baltimore residents that can advise on transportation?

Hybrid View

Any Baltimore residents that can advise on transportation?

I'll be going to Baltimore next month for an O's game, but won't have a car. Staying at the Ramada in Catonsville, per Google Maps about 7 miles from Camden. My question is about transportation...is there a bus that runs from Catonsville to downtown Baltimore, and then back at night after the game?

Disregard the transportation question...got it answered via Google Maps.

Now the question is...where to eat lunch? We'll be spending the whole day in Baltimore, but the only thing we have set in stone is a ballgame at night. We will probably eat at Pickles across from Camden Yards before the game, and if it's open we'll visit the Sports Legends Museum. But I know there are other dining options in Inner Harbor. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also, any other attractions in Baltimore near the park?

Well, the park is part of the Inner Harbor area, so you'll have the Science Center, the National Aquarium, Harborplace, the Trade Center, the U.S.S. Constellation and the Convention Center in case something is going on there. M&T Bank Stadium is right next to Camden Yards too. If you're a war buff, at the end of the peninsula on the south side of the harbor is historic Fort McHenry.

As far as dining options... there are a ton of places in and around the Inner Harbor. At the top are Morton's and Ruth's Chris Steak Houses but they've always been too expensive for me. Just east of the Inner Harbor is Little Italy and that has a number of quaint romantic places. On the south side of the harbor is the Rusty Scupper. I guess if you're an out-of-towner that the best idea is to find a place with fresh seafood, since that's Baltimore's hallmark. You'll get good food but near the harbor it'll probably be overpriced.

Oh, and you might run into a black dude with a megaphone. He got dat ice-cold wa-ter. And it's only one dol-lar.
    Last edited by J W; 08-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.

My wife is not a seafood eater, unfortunately. I'm not really either, but I can usually find something on any menu that I can stomach. I think what we may do is go to the contemporary art museum and eat in their restaurant, called the Fun House. Really we just need some things to do to kill time before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    I Staying at the Ramada in Catonsville, per Google Maps about 7 miles from Camden.

The Ramada? Well maybe the one in Cantonsville is the one good one in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    My wife is not a seafood eater, unfortunately. I'm not really either,
    That's a shame - you can't go to Baltimore and not have a crab straight from the Bay!
    Alcohol
    Tobacco
    Firearms
    should be a convenience store,
    not a government agency

As for transportation, we've got an above-ground Metro called the Light Rail running N-S:

Baltimore Light Rail Map

But, since you're in Catonsville west of Baltimore, your best bet may be to drive on Rt 40 East straight into downtown and find a parking garage. They usually have reasonable parking space, unlike say DC where you have to worry about scraping the side of your car.