Thread: Gameday must do's

Toledo, Ohio Currently Bagram, Afghanistan
    Blog Entries

Gameday must do's

I will be there next summer on my adventure to see all 30 ballparks! What do I need to be before and after games to get a true gameday experience at your ballpark?

-RJ

Quote Originally Posted by rbreisacher24 View Post
    I will be there next summer on my adventure to see all 30 ballparks! What do I need to be before and after games to get a true gameday experience at your ballpark?

-RJ
    Not at the park, but be sure to visit the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore. I was there last year, and it's a neat little museum.

There is also the Sports Legends Museum right outside the park, though it was closed when I visited last year. I hope it's open next week when I'm in town.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    Not at the park, but be sure to visit the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore. I was there last year, and it's a neat little museum.

There is also the Sports Legends Museum right outside the park, though it was closed when I visited last year. I hope it's open next week when I'm in town.
    Thank you! Thats exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for while Planning this journey!

Now that I have been there, I can say that you ABSOLUTELY have to go to the Sports Legends Museum. While it's not quite as awesome as the Reds Hall of Fame (yes I am a bit biased), the Orioles (and Colts and Ravens) Museum is positively fantastic. Loved it, and so did my wife. Great place to visit. Good job, curators!

Blog Entries
    Now that I have been there, I can say that you ABSOLUTELY have to go to the Sports Legends Museum. While it's not quite as awesome as the Reds Hall of Fame (yes I am a bit biased), the Orioles (and Colts and Ravens) Museum is positively fantastic. Loved it, and so did my wife. Great place to visit. Good job, curators!
    Thank you, I will be sure to check that out when I'm in baltimore next month. What was your favorite part of the museum.

I will be documenting every aspect of my trip. Please feel free to take a look at my blog and join me for my adventure. http://baseballdreamin.blogspot.com You can also find me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BaseballDreamin or twitter: https://twitter.com/BaseballDreamin

be sure to visit the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore.
    How close is it to Camden Yards?

The Museum's website says that the closest light rail stop is called 'Pratt Street', but when I go to the Baltimore transit system map, I can't find that station!
    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 03-30-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blog Entries

-RJ
    The Pirates Hall of Fame at PNC is definitely worth the extra charge for the Upper Box Seats. Everything from a replica of Ginger Beaumont's bat to the 1985 drug trials. Gunners' (Bob Prince) Lounge is a neat collection of Pirates stuff with recordings of famous calls. Even Freddy Sanchez gets a display. Kudos to the Pirates for acknowledging even the lesser parts of their history.

The Camden Yards stop is probably the closest to it, it's on the other side of the ballpark from it. You can find baseballs painted on the sidewalk to help you find it.
    Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com!

^ Ah, gotcha. I'm staying down there at the Marriott so that should be easy even for me to find. :lol:
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

-RJ
    Sorry to get off topic RJ, but how far are you in to your goal? That adventure sound a lot of fun. Be sure to post a lot of pix here.

Thanks
    Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tag0519 View Post
    Sorry to get off topic RJ, but how far are you in to your goal? That adventure sound a lot of fun. Be sure to post a lot of pix here.

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom,
    I am all ready to head out on my trip next week. Right now I am making a last ditch effort to make contacts, in the cities in which I don't have any, to show me around. I will post pictures on here and my blog and facebook. I hope you enjoy following along with my adventure.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    ^ Ah, gotcha. I'm staying down there at the Marriott so that should be easy even for me to find. :lol:
    Yankees fans are the biggest boon to the downtown Baltimore economy.
    Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com!

^ I hope you're not being sarcastic. That emoticon's got me a bit confused. :lol:

(seriously though, Baltimore's about the last place I'd ever expect to be hostile to visiting fans!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    ^ I hope you're not being sarcastic. That emoticon's got me a bit confused. :lol:

(seriously though, Baltimore's about the last place I'd ever expect to be hostile to visiting fans!)
    I was being complimentary, no worries. And yes, Baltimore is very friendly to opposing fans...they're frequently outnumbered by them...

-RJ
    Right across the street from the ballpark is Pickles Pub, a popular hangout before and after games. I don't go there myself, but the reason I mention it is that last summer a 9-foot bronze statue of Brooks Robinson was dedicated right outside Pickles Pub. You might want to check that out.