Thread: How to view older threads

How to view older threads

I notice there are threads that date way back to 2003, yet the farthest back I can access is to 2006. Is there anyway to view threads older than that?
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Autos of Jason Heyward, Starlin Castro, Jordan Zimmermann, Michael Brantley, Carlos Quentin, Julio Borbon, Drake Britton, Michael Burgess, Casey Weathers, Kyle Lotzkar & Michael Main! Jersey cards of Prince Fielder & Manny Machado! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtipper View Post
    I notice there are threads that date way back to 2003, yet the farthest back I can access is to 2006. Is there anyway to view threads older than that?
    If this forum's search engine doesn't go that far back, I think you can actually do a Google search starting with

site:baseball-fever.com

and then whatever keywords you're looking for.
    *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! *** Also: Buck the Fraves!

If you go to the bottom of the main page and click on the link that says "Archive" you can see lo-fi versions of some older threads, including a link to see the "full" version.

When searching through the archives I discovered that at one point BBF apparently needed to clear up space, so they deleted a bunch of threads that hadn't been posted in before a certain time period. I believe the only reason some of those earlier threads still exist is because they've been posted in more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ian2813 View Post
    If you go to the bottom of the main page and click on the link that says "Archive" you can see lo-fi versions of some older threads, including a link to see the "full" version.

When searching through the archives I discovered that at one point BBF apparently needed to clear up space, so they deleted a bunch of threads that hadn't been posted in before a certain time period. I believe the only reason some of those earlier threads still exist is because they've been posted in more recently.
    There was a big purge a few years ago which is part of the reason why some team forums look like they have never really been posted in. Fact was there were a ton of threads with either dead links or no discussion which is why they were canned (to create space on the server as you said). Most of the heavy traffic forums and interesting threads were not touched at that time.
    That being said, I cannot access any of the old threads either.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

If the thread has been deleted, you might try to find it on archive.org.
    *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! *** Also: Buck the Fraves!