Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relocate the Rays?

Well, maybe Tampa? The Yanks have a better stadium and location than the Rays do.

If they do relocate, I'd love to see it be to Nj. Not allowed but I think MLB needs to do this at some point. Ny had 3 teams traditionally with many fewer overall. It would dilute the Yanks/Mets advantage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The Yanks and Mets would never allow another team in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The Yanks and Mets would never allow another team in the region.
    Very true. Isn't Tampa bay building a new stadium or thinking of building one?

Quote Originally Posted by jeter2 View Post
    Very true. Isn't Tampa bay building a new stadium or thinking of building one?
    Yes, there's been talk for a few years about building a new stadium. I like their current stadium but think a stadium built near I-4 & I-75 would pull a bigger crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
    Yes, there's been talk for a few years about building a new stadium. I like their current stadium but think a stadium built near I-4 & I-75 would pull a bigger crowd.
    I didn't think anyone liked the Trop!!!!

Welcome to BBF, by the way.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    I didn't think anyone liked the Trop!!!!

Welcome to BBF, by the way.
    What's not to like about the Trop? Games are played, rain or shine. It has A/C. I went to 5 games this season, including post season, and sat on every side of the stadium. I enjoyed every game. The only complaint I have is that the stingrays "hit the showers" too early in the game. (For those that have been there you know what I mean.)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm having a good time here.

Welcome Chimpie, there's not many of us Rays fans in here. I got tired of talking to myself and became a nice troll on the other teams' boards.

Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    Welcome Chimpie, there's not many of us Rays fans in here. I got tired of talking to myself and became a nice troll on the other teams' boards.
    A lot of other teams sections have only one or two fans so dont feel too bad.

What's not to like about the Trop? Games are played, rain or shine. It has A/C. I went to 5 games this season, including post season, and sat on every side of the stadium. I enjoyed every game. The only complaint I have is that the stingrays "hit the showers" too early in the game. (For those that have been there you know what I mean.)

It's good to see an optimist for a change.
    I can agree that the act of attending a game is more important than what the stadium offers.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Blog Entries

No offense, but how many years do they need? How much more success do they need to have? Move em to Brooklyn.
    Baseball. The official sport of god.

Between Miami, Winter Springs and Largo, Fl
    They need ALL that time can bear.....Brooklyn needs cleaner streets and Parks, not a Pro Ball Team.

Nothing wrong with Tropicana at all, but changes can and will happen...Look at us here in Miami...You couldnt get 3,000 fans in that forsaken football stadium...Eventhough the Team stinks so far this Season, the Crowds at Marlins Park are phenomenal...Easy access...in and out...public transportation to the door..Not one BAD seat in the house.

Of course people in Broward now complain that they moved the Team too far from them... ... They had it in their backyard for nearly 20 yrs and did nothing.. I say go cry to Loria now..

The Miami Gardens Stadium and nightmare ended last year..We just begun a new Chapter. St Pete has a great Stadium...Just run more promos and it will be full all the time.
    Chairman of the Bored

The Rays unfortunately got stuck in a long-term deal at our little "domed monstrosity" down here in West Florida that the City of St. Petersburg won't let the team get out of. Eventually when their lease expires at Tropicana the Rays will build a new ballpark (most likely with a retractable roof) in Tampa, which is the population center of the metro region. Until then, the situation for the Rays at Tropicana is not desirable, but its manageable.

Obviously...and 1000 times BETTER than what the Marlins had to endure for 19 years !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

The Rays tried building a new stadium on the waterfront in St.pete, The city shut em down but now there bitching because the team wants to move to tampa but they said they only want them to look at sites in st.pete well they tried that and got shut down. Whats the point in looking at sites in st.pete if you have already shot them down?

To be honest, Pro baseball has never, and will never thrive in Florida. Their best bet is to move out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    To be honest, Pro baseball has never, and will never thrive in Florida. Their best bet is to move out of state.
    Why? no one cared when we sucked no everyone bashes on our attendance when we are great is that all anyone has against us is attendance? I do believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Why? no one cared when we sucked no everyone bashes on our attendance when we are great is that all anyone has against us is attendance? I do believe so.
    Doesn't attendance generate revenue?

Doesn't attendance generate revenue?
    When has Revenue ever been an issue with this team? There are other ways of generating that.

The Trop isn't my favorite venue, but there are a lot of cool things about it, like air conditioning, counting on a game happening, the Cuban sandwiches, the concourses, and the tbt party deck. I've always had a good time there, and it's definitely an economical evening of entertainment especially with a competitive Rays team on the field. It's a shame they don't draw more, but as kid-friendly as it is, maybe they'll build a fan base for the future.
    Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com!

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    When has Revenue ever been an issue with this team? There are other ways of generating that.
    Yes, but attendance is the top way. If they aren't drawing, then there's not much revenue, therefore upgrades can't be made.

Yes, but attendance is the top way. If they aren't drawing, then there's not much revenue, therefore upgrades can't be made.
    So how do the Red Sox and their 100 year old, 35K seat stadium enable them to spend $100M a year in salaries? It's not the attendance, it's the TV contract with NESN. Same as the Yankees with the YES network. It's a license to print money. The Rays don't even have a good TV deal, yet still figure out a way to win on the field. It's called pitching and defense, with timely hitting and fundamental baseball. Old school still wins.

Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    So how do the Red Sox and their 100 year old, 35K seat stadium enable them to spend $100M a year in salaries? It's not the attendance, it's the TV contract with NESN. Same as the Yankees with the YES network. It's a license to print money. The Rays don't even have a good TV deal, yet still figure out a way to win on the field. It's called pitching and defense, with timely hitting and fundamental baseball. Old school still wins.

Amen.
    Chairman of the Bored

Don't forget a great front office that knows how to scout and develop players. Like you said, old school.
    Baseball. The official sport of god.

Quote Originally Posted by doug217 View Post
    Don't forget a great front office that knows how to scout and develop players. Like you said, old school.
    Exactly why does everyone want us to spend money so bad? Its not the be all end all since clearly last time i checked the standings the yanks and Sox are having more issues then us with there 180-200 mill teams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast