This election will close on October 29, 2011, at 7:00 a.m EDT.
This is the second round for this franchise. The first round is here
We inducted the following players:
And the following contributors:
PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES SECTION BEFORE VOTING. THANK YOU.
FORMAT AND RULES
Purpose: The purpose of this project is to create a Hall of Fame for each franchise whereby each franchise will honor those individuals whose contributions and accomplishments are most notable, significant, and enduring to that franchise's history. This project is not about simply honoring those with the best statistics with each franchise.
Standards: Each franchise has its own unique history and context, and thus contributions and accomplishments that may stand out remarkably within one franchise's history, may not be so remarkable in another franchise's history. Standards from franchise to franchise will inherently vary, and thus there should be no impetus to create equal standards among the franchises or to aspire to the standards of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Consequently, subjectivity within the context of the franchise in question will play an inevitable role when considering an individual's contributions and accomplishments with respect to that franchise. In sum, a franchise's Hall of Fame should be unaffected by the standards and contexts of other franchises as well as the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and should be entirely a product of its own history.
Election Format: Elections will be conducted one franchise at a time starting in chronological order with the oldest continuously and currently operational franchise. Each election will last approximately five days.
- Ballot Size: Voters can select up to 15 players and 5 contributors per election. There is no minimum ballot size.
- Ballot Editing: To account for ongoing discussion, voters may edit their ballots as often as necessary through the end of an election.
- Election Percentage: Any individual that is listed on at least 75% of either the player or contributor submitted ballots will be elected to that team's Hall of Fame. In instances where an individual receive votes as both a player and a contributor, that individual will be elected if listed on at least 75% of ballots in either category or if the individual's combined vote total is at least 75% of the category with the greatest number of ballots submitted.
- Subsequent Rounds: After an election has been performed for each franchise, a second round of elections will commence, again proceeding in chronological order. A third round of elections (and perhaps beyond) may also be held depending on interest.
- Players: Players may be considered by any currently operational franchise for which they appeared and are eligible either immediately upon officially retiring or after having not appeared at any level of professional baseball for an entire season for reasons not due to injury.
- Contributors: Individuals that contributed in other capacities to a franchise may be considered, including managers, coaches, executives, owners, and broadcasters. Mascots are eligible. Contributors that are still active may only be elected by their current employing franchise, and cannot be considered by prior employing franchises until no longer active (this does not apply to individuals who are employed by a franchise only in nominal and/or non-integral ways, such as in scouting, consulting, or public relations capacities).
- Multiple Capacities: The totality of contributions and accomplishments with respect to a franchise are to be considered, and thus an individual can only be elected once by a franchise. For purposes of ballot size limits, an individual should be designated either a player or contributor based on what the voter perceives to be the individual's greater role with the franchise. An individual should not be listed as either a player or contributor merely to facilitate ballot space for the other category.
- Relocations/Renaming: Franchises that have relocated and/or been renamed, may still consider and elect individuals that were with the franchise prior to the relocation/renaming.
- Multiple Franchises: An individual may be considered and elected by multiple franchises.
- Founded: 1962 (NL for entire existence)
- Former Locations/Names:
- World Series Championships: 2 (1969, 1986)
- Pennants: 4 (1969, 1973, 1986, 2000)
- Division Titles: 5 (1969, 1973, 1986, 1988, 2006)
- Wild Card Berths: 2 (1999, 2000)
The following links are all courtesy of baseball-reference.com, baseball-almanac.com, and wikipedia.com, and may assist voters in determining an individual's impact on this franchise:
- Franchise Almanac
- All Batters
- All Pitchers
- Batting Leaders
- Pitching Leaders
- Most Common Positional Starters
- Most Common Pitching Staff Alignments
- Notable Owners and Executives
- Notable Broadcasters
- MVP Recipients (0):
- Cy Young Recipients (4): Dwight Gooden (1985), Tom Seaver (1975), Tom Seaver (1973), Tom Seaver (1969)
- RoY Recipients (4): Dwight Gooden (1984), Darryl Strawberry (1983), Jon Matlack (1972), Tom Seaver (1967)
- Batting Triple Crown (0):
- Pitching Triple Crown (1): Dwight Gooden (1985)
Multiple All Star Selections (no adjustment for double selections for 1959-1962)
Notable Managers (with at least 300 games managed with this franchise or at least one pennant win)Code:Rank Player Selections 1 Tom Seaver 9 t2 Mike Piazza 7 t2 Darryl Strawberry 7 4 David Wright* 5 t5 Carlos Beltran* 4 t5 Gary Carter 4 t5 Dwight Gooden 4 t5 John Stearns 4 t9 Keith Hernandez 3 t9 Jon Matlack 3 t9 Jose Reyes* 3 t12 Richie Ashburn 2 t12 Bobby Bonilla 2 t12 David Cone 2 t12 Sid Fernandez 2 t12 Tom Glavine 2 t12 Jerry Grote 2 t12 Bud Harrelson 2 t12 Todd Hundley 2 t12 Ron Hunt 2 t12 Howard Johnson 2 t12 Jerry Koosman 2 t12 Pedro Martinez 2 t12 Willie Mays 2 t12 Jesse Orosco 2 t12 Rick Reed 2 t12 Frank Viola 2 t12 Billy Wagner 2 * Player is currently active
Code:Manager Games Win % WS Titles Pennants Div Titles Wild Cards Yogi Berra 588 .497 Dallas Green 512 .447 1 1 Gil Hodges 649 .523 1 1 1 Art Howe 323 .424 Davey Johnson 1012 .588 1 1 2 Jerry Manuel 417 .489 Willie Randolph 555 .544 1 Casey Stengel 582 .302 Joe Torre 709 .405 Bobby Valentine 1003 .534 1 2 Wes Westrum 380 .375