View Poll Results: Favorite Montreal Expos Uniforms

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • White Jersey."M" logo(1969-79)

26 45.61%
  • White Jersey,Red and Blue Shoulder Stripes,"M" logo(1980-91)

19 33.33%
  • Current Style,"Expos"Script(1992-present)

12 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Expos Uniforms

Favorite Expos Uniforms

What are your all-time favorite Montreal Expos uniforms?

I always thought the original uniforms were much more impressive than the current uniforms, which really don't offer much that is very distinctive.
    Never doubt the Ram Man

I went with the earliest uniforms. If they were good enough for Gary Carter, then they're good enough for me.

I liked the old uniforms.They were unique,and they lost some of their idendity when they went to the pinstripes.Both Canadian teams have always had cool uniforms.

I'm not a big fan of the present pin stripes but the road jersey I think is a nice one.
    Please read the Baseball Fever Site Policy and FAQ before posting.
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Originally posted by The Commissioner
    I went with the earliest uniforms. If they were good enough for Gary Carter, then they're good enough for me.

.......hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm thats interesting. From your posts you don't strike me as an egotistical, limelight demanding, self-centerd blabbermouth.

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    I liked the last uniform.

The ones they wore in the eighties looked like a kids pijama to me.

I liked the old caps anyway.

South Bend, Indiana (Notre Dame! whoop whoop!)
    I loved their powder blue uniforms
    I must be first at everything!.......All the Time!!!!

I find it strange that people today love the powder blue unis and the tri-color caps, as well as the Brown Padres uni's, the Canary yellow Pirates',the round caps and so on. Let's face it: the retro-kitch/post-modern craze we are in right now aside, all those things were just terrible. The pinstripes we had at the end were a hundred times better.

I dont wont to start a new thread (I'm lazy) so I'll just post it here. Vazquez to Arizona for the Unit? To think all we got for him is a couple of bench warmers. We could have done this ourselves. Having Randy Johnson as your #1 starter for the last year of your existence. That's what I call going out with a bang.

These were my favorite Expos jerseys.

The last road uniforms were really good too.I have one of those here at home.

My Favorite Montreal Expos Uniforms

MY FAVORITE uniforms are the original 1969 uniform and baseball cap from the good old days at JARRY PARK. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL donald detroit mi
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Growing up in the '80's, I have to say the ones with the racing stripes were my favourite, but the road jersey they'd had for the last many years (grey with Montreal script) was one of the best in baseball.
    "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

http://baseballhalloffame.org/exhibi...ar&increment=9

This link has all of their uniforms. My favorite:

Ryne Sandberg - Hall of Fame
    R.I.P. Les Expos 1968 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by n!k
    These were cool!
    effel de Montréal

I like the jerseys with the "M" on it, they had the 80's look, remniscent of Gary Carter and Tim Raines. BTW, did the Expos ever have alternate jerseys?
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

The Expos never had alternate jerseys.

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, the Expos did wear an alternate uniform, the blue jersey they use in Batting Practice and in Spring Training, on one occasion for a game. I believe it was in 2003, in Colorado (or was it in Philly? Not so sure). They had a couple of doubleheaders in a row, and they wore it for one game. I always wondered why the team didint do like every other major league franchise and wear their alternate more often. Then again, were the Expos ever like every other major league franchise?

I voted for the last one. I like the pinstripes. Last one looks more like a baseball uniform "ought" to look.
    Last edited by Seattle1; 07-11-2006 at 10:52 AM.

The originals. Tasteful and colorful. The shoulder piping that was added later was a bit much, plus the number on front was switched from blue to red which I didn't like as much. I love pinstripes but I didn't like the script "Expos."

I like the original uniform. I'm a fan of expansion teams and they bring back my favorite memories.

awexpos4ever Guest
    The original uniforms (home or away) are absolutely beautiful - I liked the use of he solid blue batting helmet through 1975 (never like the tri-colour batting helmet) ... the 1992-2004 road uniform is one of the best in baseball.

The Expos were just 1 of 5 teams out of 26 at the time, never to wear sansabelt pants (elastic waistbands). Random fact for you.

I went with Chisox73's pick of the 1980's uniforms.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I went with Chisox73's pick of the 1980's uniforms.
    I agree! I love those 1980s uniforms shown in post #10 by Chisox73! Great picture! That was the uniform worn by my favorite Expos as a kid: Carter, Raines, Dawson, Wallach, Bryn Smith, Fitzgerald, Webster, Brooks, etc.
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"I sure was having a picnic with Frisch. You oughta seen the fellows in the clubhouse when I was puttin' him on. They was duckin' behind posts, tryin' to keep Frank from seein' how they was laughin', an' I had a time keepin' a straight face myself. I hope Frank manages the Cardinals forever. I sure love to drive that Dutchman nuts!" Dizzy Dean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast