View Poll Results: Would you dump the Mets?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm a loyal Mets fan and would remain so

16 76.19%
  • Yes, I'd dump the Mets and root fpr the Dodgers

3 14.29%
  • I'd root for both equally even if they're both in the NL East

1 4.76%
  • Undecided

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets fans Poll

Mets fans Poll

If the Dodgers moved back to NY, would you dump the Mets as your team and root for the Dodgers?

This poll is only for the scenario that the Mets would remain in NY and the Dodgers would be the 3rd team.

----------------

Only vote in this poll if you're a Mets fan

----------------
    Last edited by jnakamura; 11-04-2011 at 01:22 AM.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

White Knight, you're a Yankee fan, not a Mets fan. You shouldn't have voted. :/
    - Walt Whitman

Shouldn't this go in the Mets forum, as it's for Mets fans only?

Why would any Mets fan under the age of 70 even consider switching? Would they switch if the Cubs moved to NY? The Astros? The Pirates? The Cardinals?

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Orioles fans would dump the current Orioles if it meant the Yankees moving back to Baltimore. I wish that would happen so it would piss off White Knight.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ian2813 View Post
    Shouldn't this go in the Mets forum, as it's for Mets fans only?
    Agreed..........

And the mod will please remove the two votes by white knight and doctor gogol?...they are not Mets fans and have skewed the poll.
    Last edited by jnakamura; 11-04-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by metfan13 View Post
    Why would any Mets fan under the age of 70 even consider switching? Would they switch if the Cubs moved to NY? The Astros? The Pirates? The Cardinals?
    I'm a Mets fan under 70. My father was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and continued to follow them in L.A. I have all sorts of Brooklyn Dodgers paraphenalia. While I was a Mets fan, I rooted for the Dodgers over the Yankees in '77, '78 and '81 (living in NJ, I was pretty much the only one rooting for LA)

I'm a die hard Mets fan, and voted that I wouldn't change my allegiance. But it would be pretty cool to me if the Dodgers moved back to Brooklyn - there was also something fabled about the Brooklyn Dodgers. If they moved to any other borough, it wouldn't mean anything to me. But if they moved back to Brooklyn, I'd probably root for both teams, even if my first rooting interest were still for the Mets.

Perhaps you should post this poll on Amazin' Avenue or another Mets blog where there will be lots of responses, the vast majority of them from Mets fans.

Blog Entries
    Why would any Mets fan under the age of 70 even consider switching?
    Perhaps if they were fed up with their incompetent, repulsive, Ponzi-scheming owners?

doctor_gogol, GiambiJuice, White Knight's votes to be ignored because they can't read the poll instructions.

Last edited by jnakamura; 11-04-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    - Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Perhaps if they were fed up with their incompetent, repulsive, Ponzi-scheming owners?

most every mets fan is..........it doesnt mean you just stop being a fan of a team though.
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Quote Originally Posted by m8644 View Post
    ....it doesnt mean you just stop being a fan of a team though.
    Exactly. You do what Dodger fans did and boycott going to the games.

- Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post

No one with a brain cares who owns the team. Smart fans with working brains just enjoy rooting for their team and don't give a crap who owns it. Insanely dumb fans actually boycott a team and don't show their support because they SOMEHOW think that will lead to better ownership which will somehow improve their lives in some way (?). Bad fans like that have been ruining this season for the good fans and they've been trying to ruin the Dodgers forever, teaching their kids to hate them.

- Bobby Crosby. Dodgerfilms guy.

Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    No one with a brain cares who owns the team. Smart fans with working brains just enjoy rooting for their team and don't give a crap who owns it. Insanely dumb fans actually boycott a team and don't show their support because they SOMEHOW think that will lead to better ownership which will somehow improve their lives in some way (?). Bad fans like that have been ruining this season for the good fans and they've been trying to ruin the Dodgers forever, teaching their kids to hate them.

Crosby's full of crap, IMO.
    - Walt Whitman

As a Mets fan, I like the Dodgers. What other team is as messed up as my team?

Did you see Ned Colletti spend far too much on Juan Rivera or give $3.5 million to Rod Barajas?
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post

Isn't that just the 2nd inning? Or 8th?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post

I agree completely with this sentiment.

As for the poll: I will root for any and all New York baseball teams. It's what I do now, in fact (I'm a Yankee and Met fan). If the Dodgers moved back? They'd be my third team.

It's the city that's most important. Whatever teams are from there, are mine.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    I agree with this, except I'll only have one team per sport.

Isn't that just the 2nd inning? Or 8th?
    You seen Citi Field in the 8th inning lately?
    - Walt Whitman

I agree completely with this sentiment.

As for the poll: I will root for any and all New York baseball teams. It's what I do now, in fact (I'm a Yankee and Met fan). If the Dodgers moved back? They'd be my third team.

I agree fans should boycott a team if the owners dont give them a good product to root for. There are just way too many fans "in love with the laundry". The 2011 Mets are a perfect example. Their was a minor league team on the field but they were charging major league prices. Would you pay spend the same on a Porsche as you would a Volkswagon? Probably not

Going to 20 games a year then complaining how bad the team is is just ridiculous to me. You supported the ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    Would you pay spend the same on a Porsche as you would a Volkswagon?
    Hell no, I ain't gonna buy no Porsche! It's spelled "porsh" but they expect you to pronounce it "pour-shuh." What's up with that? Pretentious snobs...
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    fans should boycott a team if the owners dont give them a good product to root for.
    Fans should not EVER boycott a team. They stop being fans if that happens. I mean, sure, I hope my teams win, yadda yadda yadda. But if they don't? What am I gonna do, jump on the nearest bandwagon? Your obligation as a fan is to root for your team HOWEVER IT PLAYS. Those who stop, if their team loses, are the very definition of "fair-weather fans".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Hell no, I ain't gonna buy no Porsche! It's spelled "porsh" but they expect you to pronounce it "pour-shuh." What's up with that? Pretentious snobs...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Porsche

Pronunciation of "Porsche"

In English use, Porsche is sometimes pronounced as a single syllable ("porsh") /ˈpɔrʃ/, without a final /ə/. However, the company's German pronunciation is /ˈpɔrʃə/ por-shə[61] ("Porsh-eh"). German language words do not have a silent "e", and a final "e" in German is pronounced as an unaccented (minimal emphasis/duration) schwa.
    - Walt Whitman

Fans should not EVER boycott a team. They stop being fans if that happens. I mean, sure, I hope my teams win, yadda yadda yadda. But if they don't? What am I gonna do, jump on the nearest bandwagon? Your obligation as a fan is to root for your team HOWEVER IT PLAYS. Those who stop, if their team loses, are the very definition of "fair-weather fans".
    There's a difference between boycotting putting money in the pocket of the owner and boycotting the team itself.

Most all Dodger fans who boycotted going to the stadium or buying merchandise still watched every game on TV and followed and rooted for the team just the same--this was most apparent during the Dodgers road games in Anaheim and San Diego where Dodgers fans nearly outnumbered Angel and Padre fans in their own stadiums. Many fans I know personally who were part of the boycott made road trips to every SD and Anaheim game the Dodgers played.

No one stopped being fans, they just stopped funding McCourt's lavish mansions and $500 haircuts.

Now that McCourt is gone, the boycott is officially over and Dodger Stadium will be packed once again in 2012.
    Last edited by jnakamura; 11-05-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    - Walt Whitman

Boycotting a team is an interesting strategy, up to many interpretations. FYI, Montreal Baseball, Atlanta Hockey, orchestrated such and lost a team. I personally can't fathom boycotting a team to the point where relocation became a possibility. Fans in Baseball (and other sports) in certain cities can also be highlighted as examples, were in danger of losing the team, still didn't show up, and were saved by an agreement for a new stadium.

I suppose the Montreal Expos are an apples-oranges comparison to New York Mets/LA Dodgers fans... who probably are never in danger of losing the team based on pure market size alone. Then, it becomes a moral/passion debate that's 100% subjective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast