X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dto7
    • Mar 2009

1932 Chicago Cubs-Different Angle View

Top Row, L-R: Charley Root (P), Billy Jurges (SS), Gabby Hartnett (C), Riggs Stephenson (LF), Johnny Moore (OF), Lon Warneke (P), Rollie Hemsley (C), Mark Koenig (SS), Zack Taylor (C), Burleigh Grimes (P).

Middle Row, L-R: Bud Tinning (P), Billy Herman (2B), Pat Maline (P), Charley O'Leary (coach), Charley Grimm (1B/Mgr.), Red Corriden (coach), Jakie May (P), Leroy Hermann (P), Bob Smith (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Woody English (3B), Marvin Gudat (UT), Kiki Cuyler (OF), Gilbert Hasbrook (batboy), Stan Hack (3B), Guy Bush (P), Frank Demaree (OF).
    Attached Files

Comment

• BSmile
      • Feb 2008

1932 Chicago Cubs - Different Angle View (variation)
      Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• Nimrod
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dto7 View Post
        1912 New York Giants at Spring Training

Giants having their picture taken wearing Anger's Ice Cream Cone hats. Must be for a giveaway promotion for the company?

Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL)

Top Row, L-R: Bert Maxwell (P), Buck Herzog (3B), "Laughing Larry" Doyle (2B), Jeff Tesreau (P), George Burns (OF), Chief Meyers (C), Christy Matthewson (P), Unknown, Fred Merkle (1B).

Middle Row, L-R; Art Fletcher (SS), Fred Snodgrass (CF), George "Hooks" Wiltse (P), Unknown1, Red Murray (OF), John McGraw (Mgr.), Doc Crandall (P).

Front Row, L-R: Leon "Red" Ames (P), Rube Marquard (P), Ed Machall (Trainer), Phifer Fullenwider (P), Josh Devore (LF).

I never dreamed that I would ever see a photo that had Christy Mathewson(of all people)wearing his cap backwards(in 1912!)I have now officially seen everything.
        Last edited by Nimrod; 04-15-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• GaryL
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
          I never dreamed that I would ever see a photo that had Christy Mathewson(of all people)wearing his cap backwards(in 1912!)I have now officially seen everything.
          Check out Burleigh Grimes in the first version 1932 Cubs just above!! But I think he was known to be a "cut-up", unlike the straight-laced Matthewson.

Comment

• Nimrod
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by GaryL View Post
            Check out Burleigh Grimes in the first version 1932 Cubs just above!! But I think he was known to be a "cut-up", unlike the straight-laced Matthewson.
            I can`t believe I overlooked him when I first viewed that photo!I`ll bet Elmer Fudd is missing his cap!And I just noticed Grimes`fellow pitcher Lon Warneke with baseball`s all-time greatest pompadour-he can`t even get his cap on it`s is so high.Lon had to have been the envy of all the bald men of America!
            Last edited by Nimrod; 04-15-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• jimm
              orange and black
              • May 2009

Wow, great photos!

Comment

• Dto7
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jimm View Post
                Wow, great photos!
                Thank you..

Comment

• Dto7
                  • Mar 2009

1909 Seattle Turks

Seattle played in the Northwestern League from 1909-1917 and were called the Turks their first year and then the Giants until the league disbanded after the 1917 season.

Back Row; L-R: Gus Thompson, Frank Allen, George Capron, George Engel, Mike Lynch, Hughie Kellackey, Emil Rrisk, Lefty Miller

Front Row; L-R: Danny Shea, Joe Custer, Lee Magee, Tealey Raymond, Pug Bennett, Ray Airkin, Clyde Hall
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dto7; 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Dto7
                    • Mar 2009

1910 Chicago Cubs Anger's Ice Cream Cone Ad

I believe this photo was taken at Spring Training 1911. There is no Ginger Beaumont who the Cubs released in March of 1911.
                    No Orval Overall who retired after the 1910 season, but came back in 1913 for one last season.

This was advertised as the 1908 Cubs, But they are in 1910 uniforms.

Harry Steinfeldt, 3rd player from the left top row, is wearing the 1910 road uniform with the CUBS logo on the jersey. That logo was only worn twice on road jersey(1909,1910). Dr. A. Simmons is wearing the 1909 road jersey.

Three players who didn't play for the Cubs until 1910, Lew Richie, Harry McIntire and Bill Foxen.

Larger view of photo

Top Row; L-R: Frank Schulte (RF), Harry McIntyre (P), Harry Steinfeldt (3B), Ed Reulbach (P), Joe Tinker (SS), Heinie Zimmerman (3B), King Cole (P), Frank Chance (Mgr./1B), Orlie Weaver (P), Bill Foxen (P), Johnny Kling (C), Jack Pfiester (P), Dr. A. Simmons (Trainer)

Bottom Row; L-R: Lew Ritchie (P), Mordeai Brown (P), Tom Needham (C), Jimmmy Archer (C), John Kane (UT), Jimmy Sheckland (IF), Solly Hofman (CF), Johnny Evers (2B)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dto7; 05-06-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Melottfan
                      Melottfan
                      • Jan 2006

Baseball's Past in Black and White

In the fifties, there was a show on TV called, "Masquerade Party", where celebrities dressed in disguises and try to fool the audiences. A week after bringing "Next Year" to the Brooklyn faithful, Johnny Podres donned the outfit and went as Molly Pitcher from the Revolutionary War. Here is a photo of Podres, and the write-up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• BSmile
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Melottfan View Post
                        In the fifties, there was a show on TV called, "Masquerade Party", where celebrities dressed in disguises and try to fool the audiences. A week after bringing "Next Year" to the Brooklyn faithful, Johnny Podres donned the outfit and went as Molly Pitcher from the Revolutionary War. Here is a photo of Podres, and the write-up.
                        Wow! Anything to get on TV back in the day...haha. Good find!
                        Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• Dto7
                          • Mar 2009

1937 St. Louis Browns
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dto7
                            • Mar 2009

1943 Washington Senators

Top Row; L-R: George Myatt (IF), Dutch Leonard (P), Gene Moore (OF), Jake Powell (OF), Alex Carrasquel (P), Bill Lefebvre (P), Vern Curtis (P), Milo Candini (P), George Case (RF)

Middle Row; L-R: Jim Mertz (P), John Sullivan (SS), Johnny Niggeling (P), Harlond Clift (3B), Jake Early (C), Sherry Robertson (3B), Bob Johnson (LF), Jerry Priddy (2B)

Bottom Row: L-R: Mickey Vernon (1B), Early Wynn (P), Benny Bengough (Coach), Ossie Bluege (Mgr.), Clyde Milan (Coach), Stan Spence (CF), Alex Kampouris (3B), Tony Giuliani (C)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Dto7
                              • Mar 2009

1908 Philadelphia Phillies
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Dto7
                                • Mar 2009

1937 New York Giants

Back Row; L-R: Harry Danning (C), Hal Schumacher (P), Jim Ripple (OF), Mel Ott (OF), Al Smith (P), Ed Medseski (C), Dick Bartell (SS), Lou Chiozza (3B)

Middle Row; L-R: Hank Leiber (OF), Tom Baker (P), Carl Hubbell (P), Cliff Melton (P), Dick Coffman (P), Harry Gumbert (P), John McCarthy (1B), Wally Berger (OF), Blondy Ryan (SS)

Front Row; L-R: Burgess Whitehead (2B), Jo-Jo Moore (OF), Frank Snyder (Coach), Bill Terry (Mgr.), Adolph Luque (Coach), Gus Mancuso (C), Sam Leslie (1B), Don Brennan (P), Dr. Schaeffer (Trainer)

Sitting on ground in front, Tom Troy (Mascot)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X