Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 3,276 to 3,290 of 3290

Thread: Toe Touch and Heel Plant

Quote Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
    I'm glad I'm not trying to learn how to bat from reading 131 pages of thread.
    Charlie Chan: Ancient ancestor once say, "Words cannot cook rice."
    eFastball.com hitting and pitching fact checker

Quote Originally Posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
    Congrats to Chris.

I'll be interested to see how this swing performs, because what I see in the clip is a very top-down swing. Notice how his hips haven't rotated at all at heel plant. It's almost as if his shoulders are pulling his hips around.
    Are there any game swing clips of him around? I can't imagine he's been as successful as he has with the swing we see here?

Hey XXXXXXXXX, I see from your private little playground site that you are now calling me a moron for this post. What a pathetic little world you live in, where you comb the web for all the sites you've been banned from and then insult everyone on your site.

The only game swing I can find is this:

What I don't see in the game swing that I see in the training one is the bulk of the upper body loading movement occurring AFTER toe touch. Nor do I see anywhere near as much of an exaggerated loading in the game swing.

I have an idea... POST a game clip side by side with this training clip. I may be wrong, but I don't think they'd be the same. But I'm open for the test. Are YOU? Or are you only capable of slinging insults to everyone?
    Last edited by Cannonball; 02-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by songtitle View Post
    charlie chan: ancient ancestor once say, "words cannot cook rice."
    hoo-200.jpg

moment pwease!

All I know from watching several clips of Colabello is that he is a very fine hitter. Great rhthym and eye-hand coordination. Good size and bat speed. Nice balance. Solid concentration. No fear. The guy can hit.

I assume his limitations in baseball lie elsewhere: fielding, running, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MSandman View Post
    Hey XXXXXXX, I see from your private little playground site that you are now calling me a moron for this post. What a pathetic little world you live in, where you comb the web for all the sites you've been banned from and then insult everyone on your site.

The only game swing I can find is this:

What I don't see in the game swing that I see in the training one is the bulk of the upper body loading movement occurring AFTER toe touch. Nor do I see anywhere near as much of an exaggerated loading in the game swing.

I have an idea... POST a game clip side by side with this training clip. I may be wrong, but I don't think they'd be the same. But I'm open for the test. Are YOU? Or are you only capable of slinging insults to everyone?
    That's a good looking swing. I notice it's from '08. If this is indicative of his current game swing he's in good shape. Was Tewks working with him then? If not I hope the game swing and cage swing aren't before and after swings. If so the A's coaches can help him find this stroke again. I wish CC luck as he pursues his dream of playing in the Show.
    Last edited by Cannonball; 02-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Thumbs down

What a great little scam TM has going. He can post all the hitters he wants next to pros and despite obvious visual differences, he can simply claim that "They're identical under the hood"! Obviously, none of us can prove this, so he never has to concede on anything he ever says. Wow!

Do you see this as positive? Something you'd like to see end up in Torres' swing?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    Do you see this as positive? Something you'd like to see end up in Torres' swing?
    No, this is terrible.

No, this is terrible.
    What part(s) do you find objectionable?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    What part(s) do you find objectionable?
    I answered that question 35 pages ago.

I answered that question 35 pages ago.
    Is this the post where you summarized what you didn't like about his swing?

The way CC stops his back hip short in all of the clips, he HAS to push his hands forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mudvnine View Post
    It's not the "when" of the hand action it the "how".

Even the drill that BM posted showing the hand action is close, but not 100% yet. I spent two days with the person that created that drill a couple of days before it was filmed, so I know the thought process behind it, and what was trying to be accomplished.

While at the time I thought is was excellent (and still do for certain scenarios), I now see it as still promoting "connection" that is too early in the process. If he were to add one more thing to the "hand action" in that drill, I think it would really set it apart from where it is now.
    Mud, sorry to bring up an old thread, but finally got around to reading the Whole thing. You mention adding one more thing to this drill with the "hand action". Can you explain what that is? If you rather shoot me a PM so as to not start up this thread again it would be appreciated.

Bumped this thread
    Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132