Thread: There should be a "Best of September 28, 2011" DVD set

There should be a "Best of September 28, 2011" DVD set

One of the most exciting days in the history of baseball. At least four games which were of nail-biting importance (mainly for the Wild Card race):

- Phillies at Braves
    - Cardinals at Astros
    - Yankees at Rays
    - Red Sox at Orioles

If there are any others, I'd like to hear. Anyhoo, given how exciting and important Sept. 28 was, they should collect all such games in a set...I'd buy it!
    In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.

Set you DVRs as I think ESPN Classic will show these games January 2nd

Blog Entries
    I'd bet that MLB Network will have a special soon.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

^ I don't have cable, so those aren't an option for me. And once next season starts, I won't be able to watch them on my AppleTV (MLB.TV on that device only lets you watch games from the current season). So a DVD set would be my only recourse...and yeah, I *would* buy it.
    In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.

Forgotten highlights of September 28th:

Miguel Batista shuts down the Reds:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19753889

Santa Claus watches a White Sox game:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19751817
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Now if I understand this situation correctly:

- The Rays won the WC because they beat the Yankees, *and* the Red Sox lost at Baltimore.
    -- If the Red Sox had won and the Rays had lost, then Boston would have been the WC.
    -- If the Red Sox and Rays BOTH had won, or both lost, then there would have been a tie breaker.

- Same goes for the National League: Cardinals won the WC because they won and the Braves lost. If it had been the reverse, Braves would have been the WC. If both STL and ATL won (or both lost), then a tie breaker.

Am I right?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=sPNpJX8b-bc Here's a video if you want to relive the one of the greatest moments in baseball history especially if your a red sox fan lol
    Last edited by jeter2; 12-07-2011 at 11:13 PM.

^ That leads to many different YT videos, none of which have anything to do with baseball...

So it's a good video though.

I recorded the Red Sox-Orioles on DVD last night.

You can get the Redsox/O's and Rays/Yankees games on iTunes, but I would have preferred all four...