Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun busted for PED use; faces 50 day ban

I'm going to the grocery store RIGHT NOW to get some caffeine, Tylenol, Creatine, etc. I'm gonna be a superstar!! Anyone know what aisle the illegal PED's are in? Coffee is in aisle 8, I know that, next to the Pop Tarts and across from the Cheerios.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
    I'm going to the grocery store RIGHT NOW to get some caffeine, Tylenol, Creatine, etc. I'm gonna be a superstar!! Anyone know what aisle the illegal PED's are in? Coffee is in aisle 8, I know that, next to the Pop Tarts and across from the Cheerios.
    OLD FUDDY DUDDY!

Red Bull baby. Red Bull.

(and all of it's progeny, 5 hour, etc. etc.)

Slacker.

Quote Originally Posted by CandlestickBum View Post
    OLD FUDDY DUDDY!

Red Bull baby. Red Bull.

(and all of it's progeny, 5 hour, etc. etc.)

Slacker.
    My little cousin's little league coach told all the players to drink a Red Bull before every game and parents were SCANDALIZED!!!!!

He was like 12 years old at the time, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
    What about glasses, contacts, or lasik?
    All legal, and not even in the same class as legal chemicals... And nowhere near the same class as illegal substances.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Boggs had lasix for the sole purpose of improving his then 20/20 vision. It is 100% performance enhancing.
    Lasik is legal in the United States and approved by Major League Baseball. That, sir, is the distinction.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    So now we're equating pain killers and anti-inflammatories with steroids? Where does it stop?
    We always end up with this same utter nonsense every time the subject comes up.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

So now we're equating pain killers and anti-inflammatories with steroids? Where does it stop? What about caffiene? Obviously a PED, right?

Apparently not until we've touched on legal eye surgeries.

San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog19 View Post
    Caffeine is a stimulant and that's why it can get you in trouble with regards to drug testing. But it also dehydrates you...
    Boggs had lasix for the sole purpose of improving his then 20/20 vision. It is 100% performance enhancing.
    So if a player knows an umpire called a strike a ball should he call himself out and sit down?
    So your criteria on what is good and bad is arbitrary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Gallanter View Post
    I wonder what the % of pitchers using pain killers and anti-inflammatory medication is? Bloody sock anyone?

stevegallanter.wordpress.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog19 View Post
    It's just when you reach a certain amount. "A cup of coffee" is not going to be a problem. It's if you had 10 cups of coffee that you added additional caffiene to, then you might run into a problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Does this include just plain coffee?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What's the rumpus?

So your criteria on what is good and bad is arbitrary?
    Not what I said or meant Yankee.
    The subject that came up was what about Lasik surgery................my answer if it's not banned and any player can use that, there can't be any problem.
    Certainly can't be in the same class a PEDs which are banned.
    Not sure I get your question.

So if a player knows an umpire called a strike a ball should he call himself out and sit down?
    Can we get serious.

Performance enhancing along the lines of lifting weights and working out. Or fielding grounders and taking BP. All enhance performance, all perfectly acceptable, availiable to all players, nothing requiring secrecy, etc.
    Last edited by StanTheMan; 03-03-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I'm waiting for the days when cybernetics will give us better body parts than our natural limbs and organs. Couldn't a player opt to get artificial eyes that allow him to see better even without a medical need? Even if there was a medical need, would they be forced to get lesser implants so they wouldn't be given an unfair advantage? Here's the kicker. What if you could opt for implants that allow you to see in near infrared? What if you could upgrade your lungs and heart without consequences? It seems to me in that world, steroids would be regarded in that time much in the way we disregard greenies and cocaine now.
    RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    I'm waiting for the days when cybernetics will give us better body parts than our natural limbs and organs. .
    Depending on your definition, tomorrow is here today.

Lasik, various eye implants, surgery that results in stronger tendons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    Lasik is legal in the United States and approved by Major League Baseball. That, sir, is the distinction.
    Ooh. So it is arbitrary. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
    Not what I said or meant Yankee.
    The subject that came up was what about Lasik surgery................my answer if it's not banned and any player can use that, there can't be any problem.
    Certainly can't be in the same class a PEDs which are banned.
    Not sure I get your question.
    They are Ped's just some get clearance some don't. Some have gotten winks in the past. Like don't do this but if you do we will pay you more.

As has been pointed out the legal Peds are just as dangerous or moreso than the illegal ones.

So why?

Can we get serious.
    Why? Golfers are supposed to do that.

Why? Golfers are supposed to do that.
    Don't understand this reply. You spoke about an ump calling a pitch a ball and the batter knowing it was a strike should
    sit down and call himself out, your post #638. Thats what you said, my reply............can we get serious.
    Now you say golfers are supposed to do that
    I don''t get your reply at all.

They are Ped's just some get clearance some don't. Some have gotten winks in the past. Like don't do this but if you do we will pay you more.

As has been pointed out the legal Peds are just as dangerous or moreso than the illegal ones.

So why?
    If MLB allows anything for treating an injury then it can't be banned, your saying it's legal.
    Your stretching this one out.................there is no problem with using any substance that is not banned, where are we going with this one.It's simple to understand.

Don't understand this reply. You spoke about an ump calling a pitch a ball and the batter knowing it was a strike should
    sit down and call himself out, your post #638. Thats what you said, my reply............can we get serious.
    Now you say golfers are supposed to do that
    I don''t get your reply at all.
    Joe, I believe (not sure, because I never played golf) he means golfers are on an "honor system", they have to police themselves on the course and deduct a stroke for any of the various rule infractions tha might occur. Apparently he thinks baseball should adopt this system. Not necessary, as baseball has four umpires on the field, while golfers are on thir own.
    What's the rumpus?

Joe, I believe (not sure, because I never played golf) he means golfers are on an "honor system", they have to police themselves on the course and deduct a stroke for any of the various rule infractions tha might occur. Apparently he thinks baseball should adopt this system. Not necessary, as baseball has four umpires on the field, while golfers are on thir own.
    OK, thanks OAP. That thought went through my mind but was not sure, never played golf, so I thought I would make sure, what the poster meant, I think you confirmed my thought.

To tell you the truth and I'm sure the poster will read this, it was a silly reply. Beating around the bush about steroid use and other prodedures that are not illegal and any player can use those procedures, no fear of penalty.

I say to the poster, for that matter why don't see players doing that now, without "Super eye sight"...............ump calls a runner safe on a tag play......the player says, nope he got me. I'm out.....sillier and sillier. Hence my words, can we get serious.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast