• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinWI
    #271 all-time BBF poster
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
    his tester probably figured it was more secure for him to keep the samples in his posession waiting for the local FedEx office to open up rather than drop them off at a Kinkos like some people have suggested he could have done.
    Except:

1 - There are a few 24/7 FedEx Kinkos open in the Milwaukee Area, including another 10 miles from Miller Park and another near the airport on his way home.
    2 - FedEx Kinkos is equipped to handle clinical samples. They do it all the time. Law enforcement agencies also use FedEx for shipping evidence in criminal cases. FedEx is able to ship a drug sample in a secure, climate controlled environment.

And has we've established, Mr. Dino Lasagna is an all-star urine cup collector, so he should of known those two facts rather than deciding to take Ryan Braun's urine home for 2 days.

Comment

• EdTarbusz
      091707 0657
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
      Except:

1 - There are a few 24/7 FedEx Kinkos open in the Milwaukee Area, including another 10 miles from Miller Park and another near the airport on his way home.
      2 - FedEx Kinkos is equipped to handle clinical samples. They do it all the time. Law enforcement agencies also use FedEx for shipping evidence in criminal cases. FedEx is able to ship a drug sample in a secure, climate controlled environment.

And has we've established, Mr. Dino Lasagna is an all-star urine cup collector, so he should of known those two facts rather than deciding to take Ryan Braun's urine home for 2 days.
      Maybe he has an issue with Fed Ex Kinkos. My guess is that the collector had a good reason for what he did.

Comment

• KevinWI
        #271 all-time BBF poster
        • Aug 2007

Maybe he has an issue with Fed Ex Kinkos. My guess is that the collector had a good reason for what he did.
        The drug testing policy explicitly states that the collector is supposed to ship the samples to Montreal via FedEx.

And why are you giving the collector slack on this Ed? Everybody on this forum gives Selig, everybody in MLB and the players a hard time on PED use in the game, yet this collector who disappeared with a sample for 44 hours is given tons and tons of slack from the fans outside of Brewers fanbase.

Comment

• Bulldog19
          • Apr 2009

Figure it out

''You have to ask yourself how ridiculous the argument is — particularly because athletes would much prefer to have their sample kept with the trained professional, hired by your union to maintain it and keep it secure rather than it being dropped off overnight at some random Mailbox Inc., in a strip mall waiting to be shipped out with a bunch of Christmas presents,'' Tygart said.
          Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
          Mike Hopper
          Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

• KevinWI
            #271 all-time BBF poster
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
            Now, Mike, didn't you bitch me out earlier in this thread for allegedly not reading one of your posts?

As I said, FedEx Kinkos can handle clinical samples and even criminal evidence in police investigations. They can store samples in a secure, climate-controlled room.

And yes, I do trust FedEx more than old Dino, because FedEx doesn't know whose sample it is. The shipping label doesn't disclose anything about whose sample it is, doesn't even say it's from baseball. Dino Jr. and the player being tested are the only two people in the world who know whose sample it is.

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
              A Gametime Decision
              • Apr 2008

Well I for one would like to hear that reason. Braun faced the press and told his side, so should this guy.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Bulldog19
                • Apr 2009

Maybe check and see who I quoted there.. You'll find the guy is from Travis Tygart, chief executive officer of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency who thought the collector made the correct decision....
                Mike Hopper

Comment

• tom3
                  • Aug 2008

Except:

Kevin,

Originally I assumed you were a resonable adult capable of rational thought. I realize I was mistaken. You continue to embarrass yourself and the fans of Milwaukee. It's pointless carrying on this discussion. I have nothing more to say to you. Goodbye.
                  Last edited by tom3; 02-25-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• KevinWI
                    #271 all-time BBF poster
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    Well I for one would like to hear that reason. Braun faced the press and told his side, so should this guy.
                    The company that the MLB/MLBPA contracts to move these samples around (CDT, I believe) probably told him to keep his mouth shut. He probably should speak, considering I doubt he'll ever be collecting samples at Miller Park again. Maybe he has a good reason for why he took it home. Obviously not a good enough reason for Shyam Das, but I think we'd all like to hear it.

Comment

• KevinWI
                      #271 all-time BBF poster
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by tom3 View Post
                      Kevin,

Originally I assumed you were a resonable adult capable of rational thought. I realize I was mistaken. You continue to embarrass yourself and the fans of Milwaukee.
                      Well, since we know that all Cardinals fans are the keepers of baseball, I think I'll just shoot myself in the head and end my misery now. I don't know how I'll live with myself.

Comment

• Bulldog19
                        • Apr 2009

Well, since we know that all Cardinals fans are the keepers of baseball, I think I'll just shoot myself in the head and end my misery now. I don't know how I'll live with myself.
                        Way to show your true colors. To you it's all about the Cardinals fans.

Only Milwaukee fans have opinions that matter...
                        Mike Hopper

Comment

• bluesky5
                          • May 2011

This thread is a reflection of the bush league team and bush league commissioner involved in allowing this nonsense to happen in the first place. Maybe Bud can fudge up the numbers and give the Brewers a couple world series since Braun was "wronged." Or contract the Twins and give their two championships to the Brewers. Or move the Brewers to a special new league with just the Pirates and Astros. Since the Brewers can move leagues arbitrarily for no reason. This is Bud saving face for the Brewers.
                          Last edited by milladrive; 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM. Reason: Removed profanity
                          "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

• EdTarbusz
                            091707 0657
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                            I'd like to hear it as well.

Comment

• EdTarbusz
                              091707 0657
                              • Jul 2007

The drug testing policy explicitly states that the collector is supposed to ship the samples to Montreal via FedEx.

And why are you giving the collector slack on this Ed? .
                              Because with what has come out so far it sounds like the collector acted in a professional manner. I don't think his keeping a medical speciman in his custody over a weekend is a big deal.

Comment

• GiambiJuice
                                • May 2005

Why are so many people still insisting on condemning Braun, even after he's been exonerated?

It's just so predictable that the Brewers fans ITT think he's innocent and the Cardinals fans think he's guilty. It would be nice to see some think for themselves instead of along party...err..team lines. Reminds me of the Clinton impeachment proceedings.
                                Last edited by milladrive; 02-26-2012, 06:11 AM. Reason: Removed offensive passage
                                My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                                2. Barry Bonds
                                3. Ty Cobb
                                4. Ted Williams
                                5. Willie Mays
                                6. Alex Rodriguez
                                7. Hank Aaron
                                8. Honus Wagner
                                9. Lou Gehrig
                                10. Mickey Mantle

Comment