Thread: What can you do?

Section 232, Row 1, Seat 24, Miller Park, Miller Park Way

What can you do?

Well, it was a great season. Every year starts out with the hope of being there in October; a chance to win it all. I was excited by the moves the team made in the off-season, and I was especially surprised we kept Prince for his final year.

My favorite teams in other sports have all won championships in the last decade, but no sport or team is closer to my heart than baseball and the Brewers. This hurts more than the '08 Super Bowl when the Patriots lost, or the '10 NBA Finals when the Celtics lost.

It was a wild ride though. There are a lot of things to look forward to for next season. I can honestly say this was the most fun I've had watching a baseball season in my entire life.

So I'd like to propose a toast to the 2011 Milwaukee Brewers for giving Milwaukee, the state of Wisconsin, the Brewers diaspora, and everyone else a season to remember.
    AL East Champions: 1981 1982
    AL Pennant: 1982
    NL Central Champions: 2011
    NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Aye, what can you do. Would of liked to see them give the Cardinals a bit more of a fight, though.

In retrospect, great season from a great team - the best in franchise history.

Hear hear!
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Probably no Fielder next year...that won't help.

I was hoping for 1982 again...oh well.

You can't win with a losing hand.

For one, the Brewers clearly need to improve their defense.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Probably no Fielder next year...that won't help.
    Might help the defence though...
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

At least Braun is signed through forever.

Honestly, that's a great attitude and speaks volumes about the Brewers' fan base. Most teams' fans would be moping, or complaining, or attempting to fabricate reasons why they deserved to win but didn't. It's nice to see a group appreciate what a fantastic run their team gave them and be proud of a great year. Keep your heads up, Brewers fans, it'll happen.