- Each owner drafts a 25-man roster using the MLB EloRater at BB-Reference:
- Each owner gets 50,000 points to work with (2000 points x25 players). Eligible players include any listed on the linked page above that are not active (not in bold). To put it in perspective, 2000 points today (1/8/12) would net you either Rusty Staub (225th rated batter) or Frank Tanana (76th rated pitcher).
- Snake ladder format. Draft order will be determined by randomizer.
- The draft will commence Sunday, January 14th tentatively at 12:00 pm EST.
- Selectors will have an eight-hour time period to make a selection. The hours between 2am and 8am in a selector's time zone will be exempt from this rule. If the timer runs out, the draft moves forward and the selector may make up the pick at his/her convenience.
- When a selection is made, the drafter will include the full name of the player and how many ELO points were used for the pick. ELO points for the day of the selection will be used. Because of this, edited picks will be forfeit until the selector's next scheduled pick, unless given special exemption. (for anyone double-checking, the ELO rating of a player may adjust slightly during the course of a day. we'll have to be honorable about our self-policing)
- At least 12 position players (including 2 catchers) and 9 pitchers must be drafted. DH will be included and pitchers will not bat unless specified, in order to accommodate pitchers with no batting statistics.
- After the draft is over, each selector will submit a managerial profile that includes all 25 selections. Managerial style will be considered modern-age. The profile will look similar to this:
- Players will be eligible to play a position if they played at least 10% of their career innings at that position. CF will be able to play RF or LF. RF and LF are interchangeable. Anyone with batting statistics may DH.Code:PRIMARY LINEUP 1) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 2) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 3) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 4) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 5) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 6) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 7) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 8) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) 9) (pos) Name - L/R/S (backup) PH vs LHP - Name(s) PH vs RHP - Name(s) ROTATION SP1) Name - L/R SP2) Name - L/R SP3) Name - L/R SP4) Name - L/R SP5) Name - L/R (full time/spot starter) BULLPEN CL) Name - L/R LHP) Name(s) RHP) Name(s) LONG) Name(s)
- Players primarily known as starting pitchers may be used in the bullpen. The closer however must have at least 100 career saves.
- Game competition TBD.
SIGN-UP SHEET - deadline set Sunday, January 7th, 12:00 pm EST
1. Windy City Fan
2. John Shoemaker
3. Second Base Coach
7. J W
Looks like we're set. Discussion will remain here: Draft thread will be posted separately.