Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 IP Success

A fairly good night of graphing post game in Durham and concentrated on the Bulls who are just horrid this year thus far.

Nabbed Chris Archer, Bryan Augenstein, Tim Beckham, Alex Cobb, Dane de la Rosa, Matt Mangini, Ryan Reid, Rumolo Sanchez, and Alex Torres on a 16 X 20 photograph that was taken of the entire team lined up on the first base line prior to the opening night of the season on Thursday, April 2, 2012. All of these autographs were obtained in blue paint pen. Also nabbed Brandon Guyer on a card for a member on another board. Hopefully back tonight for autograph night post game!!!

Suprisingly Beckham was very cordial. What is going on with him? I have gotten him several times since he turned pro and he has always been a class jerk. I tried to get Jeff Branson who is a coach for the Indians but the coaching staff came out and got into a van signing for no one.

Another decent night of graphing post game in Durham and once again concentrated on the Bulls who lost their 12th straight game tonight.

Nabbed Marquis Fleming, Kyle Hudson, Jhonny Nunez, Shawn O'Malley, Will Rhymes, Jeff Salazar, Matt Torra, and Stephen Vogt on a 16 X 20 photograph that was taken of the entire team lined up on the first base line prior to the opening night of the season on Thursday, April 2, 2012. All of these autographs were obtained in blue paint pen. I acquired Brandon Guyer autograph on a "Play Ball" program in blue Sharpie. Acquired Alex Torres on a 2011 Topps baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired Dave Myers on a 2010 Durham Bulls baseball card in blue Sharpie.

Indianapolis was giving some people fits and once again, I was trying to nab Jeff Branson but was unsuccessful.

On an absolutely unrelated note, I saw Reid Brignac's smoking hot Playmate tonight. She was Miss July 2002 and she is definitely easy on the eyes. Obviously she must not be very easy on his eyes because he is in Durham because of offensive problems.
    Last edited by icee82; 04-28-2012 at 08:38 PM.

4/28/2012
    Charlotte Knights @ Syracuse Chiefs

Charlotte Knights

Jordan Danks
    Dan Johnson
    Brian Omogrosso

Syracuse Chiefs

Corey Brown
    Jason Michaels

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

A strong night of graphing at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Acquired the autograph of Andrew Brackman on an official Major League baseball on the sweet spot in blue ink. He also signed a 2011 Topps Heritage baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Jeff Francis on an official Major League baseball on the sweet spot in blue ink. Acquired the autograph of Denis Phipps on an official Major League baseball on the sweet spot in blue ink and a pair of 2011 Carolina Mudcat’ baseball cards in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Scott Carroll on a 2008 Just Minors baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Mike Constanzo on a pair of 2011 Carolina Mudcat’ baseball cards. Acquired the autograph of Josh Judy on a 2011 Topps Bowman baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Corky Miller on a 2003 Upper Deck baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Felix Perez on a 2011 Topps Pro Debut and on a pair of 2011 Carolina Mudcat’ baseball cards in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Netfali Soto on a 2008 TriStar Projections baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Brett Tomko on a 1999 Fleer Tradition baseball card and a 1998 Leaf 50th Anniversary baseball card in blue Sharpie. All of these autographs were obtained outside of the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, North Carolina after the Louisville Bats and Durham Bulls’ International League game.

At today's Dunedin @ Clearwater game today.

Michael Crouse: Three 8 x10 action shots from the 2011 IBAF World Cup, the 2011 Pan Am Games and a pic from the pre-World Cup Series played in Durham.

Mike Redmond: 8 x 10 blowups of his Victory '01, Topps Heritage '09 and Topps Update '09 cards.

All signed with a black Sharpie.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

It was a quality night at Durham last night. I nabbed Hideki Matsui on an OMLB on the side panel in blue ink.

Alex Torres 1/1
    Brandon Gomes 1/1
    Craig Albernaz 1/1

Got turned down by Reid Brignac and Juan Miranda

5/20/12
    Trenton Thunder @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats

David Adams
    Abraham Almonte
    Ryan Pope
    Dan Brewer
    Ryan Flannery
    Kevin Mahoney
    Kelvin Perez

All signed in a 2011 Yankees Prospect Guide.

Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

5/20/2012
    Trenton Thunder @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats

Shane Brown

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Another decent night of graphing at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.

Hideki Matsui 1/1
    Craig Albernaz 1/1
    Reid Brignac 1/2
    Alex Torres 1/1
    Jose Lobaton 3/3

Does anyone here graph the South Atlantic League? I'm looking for help with the Savannah team. If so, let me know.
    Baseball Happenings
    - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
    http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

I can do this for you. Savannah will not be back in my area until August though. They play Hickory in a three game series August 16-August 19.

Quote Originally Posted by metrotheme View Post
    Does anyone here graph the South Atlantic League? I'm looking for help with the Savannah team. If so, let me know.
    The Sand Gnats? I might catch a few games later this summer - will let you know.
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Blog Entries
    Last night I went to the Gwinnett Braves v. Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.

Manager and Hall of Famer Ryne Sandburg signed for about 40 minutes right before the game. He was super nice and easy going. Some guys in line said they had been on Monday (a near sold out Memorial Day game) and he did the same.

I got his signature on a ball and a framed quote from his HOF speech. He took a picture with my 7 year old too. Real cool.

It was a fun time. My daughter got to play one of the between inning games and I won a pizza. I didn't get a ball though.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    Last night I went to the Gwinnett Braves v. Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.

Manager and Hall of Famer Ryne Sandburg signed for about 40 minutes right before the game. He was super nice and easy going. Some guys in line said they had been on Monday (a near sold out Memorial Day game) and he did the same.

I got his signature on a ball and a framed quote from his HOF speech. He took a picture with my 7 year old too. Real cool.

It was a fun time. My daughter got to play one of the between inning games and I won a pizza. I didn't get a ball though.
    You can eat a pizza...you can't eat a ball. You came out ahead.

Anyway...Sandberg was one of the top signers at the Phillies ST camp. Once the minor league camp stsrts, the crowds are fairly big there as well...all because of Sandberg and he signs everything.

Blog Entries
    Without trying to hijack the thread. . .

We sat right on top of the visitor dugout (in the middle). My seven year old was crazy cheering for first baseman Cody Overbeck the whole game. He yelled for him in the dugout (while he was in the hole), when he was at bat and when he made a play on the field.

I won't fault him for not throwing my kid a ball but a couple of times he looked right at him and tossed the ball the other way. After the game we went over to him for an autograph and he acted like a total ass about it. He had been talking to someone and we stood by for him to finish his conversation and then approached him. He didn't say anything, look at my kid or anything. Total disinterest. Complete opposite of the Hall of Famer manager prior to the game.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

At today's Palm Beach @ Clearwater FSL game. All but one are 8 x 10 card blowups.

Chris Truby: Topps '01, Topps Total '01 and Topps '02.

Dennis Martinez: Donruss/McDonald's MVP '92 and Donruss Triple Play '92 cards. Also signed an 8 x 10 pic from last year's IBAF World Cup where he was Nicaragua's skipper. He told me would like a copy of the pic and I plan to send him one.

Dennis Martinez-Nicaragua 2011 IBAF BWC.jpg

Hi New Member here and I appreiate any leads or advice. My 11 year old has taken up my old hobby.

For our first post:

Last night at Braves v Blue Jays AND Alumni Weekend:
    Phil Niekro on a Ball in Black Ball Point
    Dale Murphy on a 83 Topps All Star card in Blue Sharpie
    Leo Mazzone
    Jeff Tradway
    Craig Skok

Omar Vizquel on a Topps

Missed Bautista by guessing on the wrong side of the dugout. Darn
    Trying again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Fox View Post
    Without trying to hijack the thread. . .

We sat right on top of the visitor dugout (in the middle). My seven year old was crazy cheering for first baseman Cody Overbeck the whole game. He yelled for him in the dugout (while he was in the hole), when he was at bat and when he made a play on the field.

I won't fault him for not throwing my kid a ball but a couple of times he looked right at him and tossed the ball the other way. After the game we went over to him for an autograph and he acted like a total ass about it. He had been talking to someone and we stood by for him to finish his conversation and then approached him. He didn't say anything, look at my kid or anything. Total disinterest. Complete opposite of the Hall of Famer manager prior to the game.
    Had the exact same experience on Wednesday. My son was the only Kid really calling him and being polite. He gave the ball to another kid twice instead and avoided Sam two other times. odd.

OTOH, Ryne Sandberg and Dominic Brown Autographs were gotten so Mission Accomplished.

A good night of graphing in Durham last night post game.

Leslie Anderson 1/1
    Bryan Augenstein 1/1
    Reid Brignac 1/1
    Dane De La Rosa 1/1
    Cole Figueroa 1/1
    Chris Gimenez 1/1
    Brandon Gomes 1/1
    Ryan Reid 1/1
    Jeff Salazar 2/2
    Alex Torres 1/1
    Henry Wrigley 1/1

Don't know what is going on with Juan Miranda. He has walked past everyone for the past three weeks and I have not seen him pick up a Sharpie.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    You can eat a pizza...you can't eat a ball.
    Oh you can't, can you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olhjis-3CdI

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Good Day at Turner Field today for the Blue Jays v Braves:

Sam got:

Buck Martinez 1/1
    John Farrell 1/1- Both Farrell and Martinez were on Topps Blue Jay team cards as Sam "forgot" the Buck Martinez cards I had.......
    Colby Rasmus 3/4- One got smudged by rain-- I would be grateful for advice on keeping drying methods and/or keeping cards dry while queueing up. We have our cards in a large sketch book mounted with photo corners. We switch out the cards when a new team comes to town. It was raining/misting most of the pregame and this was the first time we experienced this.
    Brandon Morrow 3/3
    Jason Frasor 1/1
    Edwin Encarnacion-1/1

All in Blue Sharpie

also signing today but we either missed or did not have cards for them to sign:
    Darren Oliver
    Omar Vizquel
    Chad Beck
    David Cooper
    Casey Janssen
    Mike McCoy

In reagrds to not having cards, we have seen some collectors using a 4X6 color photo of a ball on the sweet spot. Anyone else seen/do this or have other thoughts?

Janssen did toss Sam a ball and Omar vizquel had Sam do a dance for one between innings. He was not impressed by Sam's dancing and his Latin mother is horrified by his effort, but Omar gave him a ball anyway....Yankees are in next and we are not very optimistic at all.

At tonight's Jupiter @ Bradenton FSL game.

Alex Dickerson: 8 x 10 blowup of his Topps 2010 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team card. Black Sharpie

Got there a bit late and cou;dn't get aybody until after game and then I was only able to get Dickerson. They were giving out free tox for next Monday's game so I'll try again next week.

Tonight, NY Yankees at Atl Braves

Got:
    Andy Pettitte
    Andruw Jones- he chose to sign his Rangers card for some reason....

missed but saw signing:
    Robby Cano
    Mark texeria
    Dan uggla
    Corey guerin

Unconfirmed rumor that Jeter signed a few before entering the stadium

Have tickets again for tomorrow, we shall see how it goes.

6/10/12
    Bowie BaySox @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats

Pitchers:
    Timothy Bascom
    Michael Belfiore
    Matt Bischoff
    Greg Burke
    Jake Cowan
    Pat Egan
    Chris Petrini

Batters:
    Buck Britton
    Steven Bumbry
    Joel Polanco
    Antoan Richardson
    Brian Ward
    Brandon Waring
    Robbie Widlansky

Last edited by hudsonharden; 07-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.

My Wantlist/Tradelist

6/10/12
    Bowie BaySox @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats

Rhyne Hughes x2
    Jonathan Schoop x2
    Manny Machado

Machado's signature is pretty lame. I'll try to get it signed by Dylan Bundy next season if he's on the BaySox.

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast