Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2012 IP Success

Brooklyn Cyclones @ Vermont Lake Monsters
    8/18 - 8/20

Phillip Evans
    x4
    Brandon Nimmo x4

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Altoona Curve @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats
    8/19

Drew Maggi x5
    Matt Curry x3
    Adalberto Santos x2

Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

8/19

Jarek Cunningham x2
    Jeremy Farrell x2
    Quincy Latimore x2
    Oscar Tejada x2

My Wantlist/Tradelist

8/19

Gerrit Cole
    Jamison Taillon
    x3
    Tyler Waldron
    Nate Baker
    x3

My Wantlist/Tradelist

8/19

Jeff Johnson x3
    Ryan Goins
    Charlie Cutler x3
    Evan Crawford x2

Last edited by hudsonharden; 12-06-2012 at 12:05 AM.

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Don't know if this constitutes actual IP success since I paid $80 to attend but my brother-in-law, nephew, and I attended the Granite State Baseball dinner in Manchester last month. The autographs I got are as follows:

Wade Boggs
    Mike LaValliere x2
    Cecil Fielder x2
    Chris Carpenter x2
    Bob Stanley x3
    Rich Gedman x3
    Sam Fuld x2
    Scott McGregor x2
    Jim Beattie
    Jordan Cote (Yankees prospect) x2
    Jeff Locke x2
    Mike Pagliarulo x2

There was a two-hour autograph session before the dinner started, and there were 2-3 players per table The rule was one autograph per person but you could get into the same line more than once, and some guys still signed more than one if their lines were short. Boggs, LaValliere, and Beattie were at the same table and, of course, their line was the longest by far. My brother-in-law and nephew got Boggs twice but the second time around they waited a while. Overall I would say it was worth the $80, given I got my Boggs autograph on an AL ball, and the food wasn't too bad. I'd consider going again if they had another HOF or two in attendance.

It counts as an IP success
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Just returned from RedsFest. As far as numbers are concerned, this was by far the best RedsFest of the four that I have attended. First of all, I would guess that this was being done by someone that might be on a collector board but I have to admit that it was ingenious. I saw this twice with the same two guys. It was supposed to be one autograph per person. Guy A would begin walking towards the player. Guy B would begin talking to the volunteer that was standing near the front of the line. He would get her turned around so that she could not see the player and Guy A would get three or four cards signed each time. Of course Guy B only got one item signed but his partner racked up. It was like watching professional wrestling where one guy would be talking to the referee and have him looking in the opposite direction while the other guy would choke their opponent or hit him with a foreign object. Nice job guys...I have a keen appreciation for innovation and ingeniuity! I saw this in the Corcino line as well as Lotzkar and Cingrani. Those guys racked in both lines! I had to chuckle at this because it was just classic!!!

Here is my haul for the weekend. I have a panoramic photo taken from the second or third deck of Riverfront moments after Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's record and he is being mobbed by his teammates. I have this on a 20 X 30 canvas print. Tom Orr got Rose for me at the Chicago Sun Times show and I added five players and a coach from that year. Eric Davis, Ron Oester, Ted Power, Tommy Helms (first base coach), Dave Parker with The Cobra inscription and Tom Browning with the "Mr. Perfect" inscription.

On a 1990 world championship poster, I added Todd Benzinger, Chris Sabo, Tom Browning, Ron Oester, and Norm Charlton. I also got Charlton on a mini helmet in black paint pen and got two balls signed for a board member with the inscription of "The Sheriff". Got indiviual balls signed by Daniel Corcino, Dave Collins, Dmitri Young, Tony Cingrani, Kyle Lotzkar, and Alfredo Simon.

Nabbed Joey Votto on a poster print as well as George Foster and Chuck Harmon on 8 X 10 photographs.

Overall my wife and I nabbed 25 for both days. My wife racked in the HOF! We were working on quality this year as opposed to quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by icee82 View Post
    Just returned from RedsFest. As far as numbers are concerned, this was by far the best RedsFest of the four that I have attended. First of all, I would guess that this was being done by someone that might be on a collector board but I have to admit that it was ingenious. I saw this twice with the same two guys. It was supposed to be one autograph per person. Guy A would begin walking towards the player. Guy B would begin talking to the volunteer that was standing near the front of the line. He would get her turned around so that she could not see the player and Guy A would get three or four cards signed each time. Of course Guy B only got one item signed but his partner racked up. It was like watching professional wrestling where one guy would be talking to the referee and have him looking in the opposite direction while the other guy would choke their opponent or hit him with a foreign object. Nice job guys...I have a keen appreciation for innovation and ingeniuity! I saw this in the Corcino line as well as Lotzkar and Cingrani. Those guys racked in both lines! I had to chuckle at this because it was just classic!!!
    I guess it depends one one's perspective, icee. What you see as being innovative and ingenious, I would call tasteless and deceptive. I can't imagine being that desperate to get someone's autograph that I would have to resort to that kind of scam, one which pick-pocketers and shoplifters routinely apply. This "classic" display is more like a collecting low in my opinion.

I understand your perspective and I can appreciate you feeling this way. Collectors by nature are always "pushing the envelope". I have a very hard time comparing a policy violation of getting a couple of autographs to someone that is commiting a criminal act. I have a better comparison. What is the difference between this and standing with some guy that is trying to get two pages of baseball cards signed while we are wanting to get one item signed? It is the same thing. The collector is not committing any violation of the law but ethically speaking, he is being very selfish and thinking of only himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 9&10 View Post
    I guess it depends one one's perspective, icee. What you see as being innovative and ingenious, I would call tasteless and deceptive. I can't imagine being that desperate to get someone's autograph that I would have to resort to that kind of scam, one which pick-pocketers and shoplifters routinely apply. This "classic" display is more like a collecting low in my opinion.

I understand your perspective and I can appreciate you feeling this way. Collectors by nature are always "pushing the envelope". I have a very hard time comparing a policy violation of getting a couple of autographs to someone that is commiting a criminal act. I have a better comparison. What is the difference between this and standing with some guy that is trying to get two pages of baseball cards signed while we are wanting to get one item signed? It is the same thing. The collector is not committing any violation of the law but ethically speaking, he is being very selfish and thinking of only himself.
    Agreed, and please don't think I was making an attack at you. I used the pickpocket/shoplifting comparison because you will oftentimes see those kinds of folks operating in pairs like these two guys did.

The "album page" guys drive me nuts as well, and I see it a LOT at minor league games. I usually bring a couple cards per player to get signed and I've actually heard the album page guys say from time to time, "he only signed three for me". Really? He didn't sign all 9 of your cards? What a shame!!! And then there are the TTMers who send umpteen requests to the same players, not being content with the success they had the first time. . . and then they wonder why people stop signing TTM!!! SMH

No problem...it's all good! Yes, I agree 100% with you on the "album page" guys. From now on, we will refer to them as "AP guys". There is a guy in Durham, NC who is a complete jerk that I witnessed last year that had two pages of cards for some player. The player signed the entire first page which was six cards and went to the next guy. After the player left, the guy said "He has always signed at least two pages for me the past two nights". What??? He signed 24 cards for you over the previous days and you got 6 more done tonight which is 30 cards and you are moaning and griping about that. That drives me crazy. I wanted to get a ONE photograph signed that I had taken a picture of him at bat the night before and this guy was moaning about not getting six cards signed!

Agreed, and please don't think I was making an attack at you. I used the pickpocket/shoplifting comparison because you will oftentimes see those kinds of folks operating in pairs like these two guys did.

The "album page" guys drive me nuts as well, and I see it a LOT at minor league games. I usually bring a couple cards per player to get signed and I've actually heard the album page guys say from time to time, "he only signed three for me". Really? He didn't sign all 9 of your cards? What a shame!!! And then there are the TTMers who send umpteen requests to the same players, not being content with the success they had the first time. . . and then they wonder why people stop signing TTM!!! SMH

No problem...it's all good! Yes, I agree 100% with you on the "album page" guys. From now on, we will refer to them as "AP guys". There is a guy in Durham, NC who is a complete jerk that I witnessed last year that had two pages of cards for some player. The player signed the entire first page which was six cards and went to the next guy. After the player left, the guy said "He has always signed at least two pages for me the past two nights". What??? He signed 24 cards for you over the previous days and you got 6 more done tonight which is 30 cards and you are moaning and griping about that. That drives me crazy. I wanted to get a ONE photograph signed that I had taken a picture of him at bat the night before and this guy was moaning about not getting six cards signed!

I am NOT a fan of AP people. If anything they have hurt the hobby. They are obnoxious and they seen to revel in it. I have seen them push kids aside to get stuff signed.

I was at a Rays Fan Fest several years at at the MLBPAA table where Tom Niedenfuer (the format that year by the MLBPAA was *one* player at a table for an hour) was signing, I only had one item to get signed...a 8 x 10 blowup of one of his cards.Had a AP in front of me with 2 pages of cards. I knew the guy (not personally, I'd see him at a lot of ST camps) and he'd always be obnoxious. It was near the end of Niedenfuer's hour and this guy was shoving the two pages at him. Wife was in line with me and made a comment. The APer gave her a dirty look. I assured Niedenfuer I only had ONE item to sign.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Redsfest was this past weekend. I got...

Mike Leake: http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...12-mike-leake/
    Sam LeCure: http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.c...12-sam-lecure/

I also got Logan Ondrusek, Ron Oester, Jack Billingham, Leo Cardenas, and Chris Welsh...scans will be posted throughout the week on my blog.

Couldn't agree more!!
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Vermont Lake Monsters
    Bruce Maxwell
    John Wooten

Tri-City ValleyCats
    Vincent Velasquez

Connecticut Tigers
    Edgar de la Rosa
    Joe Rogers

Aberdeen Ironbirds
    Torsten Boss

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Just now, working out at a field nearby:

David Cruz on his 2012 Bowman Draft
    Gerardo Concepcion- on his 2012 Minor League card
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

2012 Tri-City ValleyCats

Mark Bailey x3
    Stubby Clapp x3
    Juri Perez
    Vincent Velasquez
    x3

My Wantlist/Tradelist

2012 Aberdeen IronBirds

Gary Allenson x2
    Brad Komminsk x2
    Alan Mills x3

My Wantlist/Tradelist

2012 Aberdeen IronBirds

Branden Kline x4

My Wantlist/Tradelist

2012 Connecticut Tigers

Mike Rabelo
    x2

My Wantlist/Tradelist

About to add a whole bunch of Lake Monsters autos from this summer.

2012 Vermont Lake Monsters

Andres Avila x2
    Austin Booker x2
    Brett Vertigan x2
    Jacob Tanis x2
    John Wooten x2

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Addison Russell x3
    Cecil Tanner x3
    Matt Olson x2

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Michael Ynoa x6

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Rick Magnante x3
    Casey Myers x3
    Jim Coffman x2

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast