X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDL
    Who the hell is Stan Papi
    • Sep 2006

At the Phillies camp in Clearwater. all are 8 x 10 card blowuos in black Sharpie except where noted.

Greg Gross: Topps '89
    Charlie Kerfeld: Donruss '86, Fleer '86, Topps '86
    Brian Schneider: Topps Allen & Ginter '08
    Tuffy Gosewisch: 3 action shots from 2011 Pam Am Games (including a screesnhot I made)
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• J.P
      #BOYCOTTLORIA
      • Jul 2006

Marlins Fan Fest today, all on cards:

Greg Dobbs x2
      Gaby Sanchez
      Chris Coghlan
      Kevin Mattison
      Matt Dominguez
      Scott Cousins
      Bryan Petersen
      Mark Buehrle
      Carlos Zambrano
      Ricky Nolasco
      Brad Hand x2
      Sean West
      Tom Koehler
      Chris Hatcher
      Omar Poveda
      Steve Cishek
      Sandy Rosario
      Mike Dunn
      Wade LeBlanc
      Evan Reed
      Alex Sanabia
      Ryan Webb
      Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
      Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
      Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Zito75
        A's Super Moderator
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by J.P View Post
        Marlins Fan Fest today, all on cards:

Greg Dobbs x2
        Gaby Sanchez
        Chris Coghlan
        Kevin Mattison
        Matt Dominguez
        Scott Cousins
        Bryan Petersen
        Mark Buehrle
        Carlos Zambrano
        Ricky Nolasco
        Brad Hand x2
        Sean West
        Tom Koehler
        Chris Hatcher
        Omar Poveda
        Steve Cishek
        Sandy Rosario
        Mike Dunn
        Wade LeBlanc
        Evan Reed
        Alex Sanabia
        Ryan Webb
        Nice work.... Was Dobbs cool? Let me know if you want to trade one of them...
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• J.P
          #BOYCOTTLORIA
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
          Nice work.... Was Dobbs cool? Let me know if you want to trade one of them...
          Didnt talk much to him, but he seemed that way............Let me think about it, I plan on going to their game this Saturday, if I get him again I'll trade one for sure.
          Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
          Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
          Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Zito75
            A's Super Moderator
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by J.P View Post
            Didnt talk much to him, but he seemed that way............Let me think about it, I plan on going to their game this Saturday, if I get him again I'll trade one for sure.
            That would be cool - I'd like to add him to my collection.
            WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• SDL
              • Sep 2006

At the Yankees AAA/AA @ Phillies AAA/AAA games. All are 8 x 10s blowups of cards except one.

Scott Aldred: Bowman ’90, Pinnacle ’92
              Tim Kennelly: Action shot from 2011 IBAF World Cup. Kennelly played for Australia.
              Tommy Phelps: Upper Deck Rainbow 40 Man '03, Upper Deck SP '03
              Butch Wynegar: Donruss ’81, ’87. Wynegar said he liked seeing the cards blown up.

Edited to add: All signed with black Sharpie
              Last edited by SDL; 03-24-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• SDL
                • Sep 2006

At the Blue Jays AAA/AA @ Phillies AAA/AA game today. All are 8 x 10 blowups signed with black Sharpie.

Sal Fasano: Action shot of him as Lansing manager; Fleer '96. Added Biblical references.

Tug Hulett: Action screenshot from 2009 IBAF World Cup

B.J. Rosenberg: Action screenshot from 2009 IBAF World Cup. Both Rosenberg and Hulett were on the USA squad.
                Last edited by SDL; 03-24-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• SDL
                  • Sep 2006

At the Tigers AA @ Blue Jays AA game today. All are 8 x 10 blowups signed with black Sharpie.

Ray Burris: Topps '78
                  Chris Cron: Fleer Prospects '92, Score Rookie Prospect '92
                  Jerry Martin: Donruss '81, Fleer '81, Topps '85
                  Jon Nunnally: Fleer eX ‘01
                  Scott Richmond: 2011 Pan Am Games action screenshot, action shot

I had brought what I THOUGHT was Nunnaly's '94 Pinnacle Rookie card. He told me that was Michael Tucker's pic on the card.

AAA teams were supposed to be there as well; they had moved that game to the main stadium instead.

Comment

• SDL
                    • Sep 2006

At the Pirates AAA/AA @ Blue Jays AAA/AA game today. All are 8 x 10s signed in Black Sharpie.

Jeff Branson: Topps Olympic '88, Fleer Ultra Rookie '93, Upper Deck '93
                    Tom Filer: Topps '87, '88, Donruss '90
                    Jordy Mercer: 2011 Pan Am Games screenshot, 2011 Pan Am games action shots (2).
                    Chad Mottola: Upper Deck Top Prospect '93, Fleer Ultra '97, Pinnacle Inside '97
                    Jon Nunnally: Pacific Omega '98
                    Bob Stanley: Donruss '81, '82, Fleer '82
                    Last edited by SDL; 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Zito75
                      A's Super Moderator
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      At the Blue Jays AAA/AA @ Phillies AAA/AA game today. All are 8 x 10 blowups signed with black Sharpie.

Sal Fasano: Action shot of him as Lansing manager; Fleer '96. Added Biblical references.

Tug Hulett: Action screenshot from 2009 IBAF World Cup

B.J. Rosenberg: Action screenshot from 2009 IBAF World Cup. Both Rosenberg and Hulett were on the USA squad.
                      I met Sal Fasano a few years ago when he was with the Rockies in Spring Training. Very cool guy - he was super friendly and hung out with a few of us outside the park for a little while.
                      WAR? Prove it!

Comment

• SDL
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                        I met Sal Fasano a few years ago when he was with the Rockies in Spring Training. Very cool guy - he was super friendly and hung out with a few of us outside the park for a little while.
                        I didn't mention this in my original post (didn't seem relevant to this page) but I brought a couple of pics of me from 2000 when I had a Fu Manchu mustache that would put Sal's to shame...heck it would've put Hrabosky's to shame as well (Look up the pro wrestler Ox Baker to see what my 'stache looked like back then). I told him I had him beat back in 2000. He tells me that he wishes he could grow it like how I had it back them but the Jays won't let him.

The game needs more people like Sal Fasano!

Comment

• 9&10
                          • Dec 2008

SDL, I have a good friend from Crystal River who attends a lot of spring training/fantasy camps and who's a Rays season ticket holder (he grew up a Red Sox fan). I bet the two of you have crossed paths before. He was at that Rays fanfest and after learning about how many old-timers were there from the Tampa area, I wish I had gone, too!

Anyway, one IP success from 3/30 (Reds/Indians)--Dusty Baker on an OML ball. He and Bronson Arroyo were the only two I really wanted (brought an '04 WS ball) but it didn't happen.

Comment

• icee82
                            • Jul 2004

Acquired the autographs of Neil Allen, Dave Myer, Charlie Montoyo, Brandon Gomes, Marquis Fleming, Ryan Reid, Jesus Feliciano, Leslie Anderson, Juan Miranda, Matt Mangini, and Brandon Guyer on a 16 X 20 photograph that was taken of the entire team lined up on the first base line prior to the opening night of the season on Thursday, April 5, 2012. All of these autographs were obtained in blue paint pen. Acquired the autograph of Charlie Montoyo on a 2007 Durham Bulls baseball card, a 2009 Durham Bulls baseball card, and a 2010 Durham Bulls baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Dave Myer on a 2009 Durham Bulls baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Brandon Gomes on a 2011 Durham Bulls baseball card in blue Sharpie. Acquired the autograph of Neil Allen on a 1988 Donruss baseball card in black Sharpie. All of these autographs were obtained on autograph night after the Gwinnett Braves and Durham Bulls’ baseball game at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.

It was a little disappointing as there were two lines. Part of the team was standing in the dugout and the others were sitting in chairs. Usually you can get one side and then get back in line to get the other side. This year they would only allow one time through the line. Unfortunately only nine players were in the dugout so on team autograph night I actually missed 16 players. Ugghhhh! I guess I will have to get those the old fashioned way...by working.

Comment

• Zito75
                              A's Super Moderator
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                              I didn't mention this in my original post (didn't seem relevant to this page) but I brought a couple of pics of me from 2000 when I had a Fu Manchu mustache that would put Sal's to shame...heck it would've put Hrabosky's to shame as well (Look up the pro wrestler Ox Baker to see what my 'stache looked like back then). I told him I had him beat back in 2000. He tells me that he wishes he could grow it like how I had it back them but the Jays won't let him.

The game needs more people like Sal Fasano!
                              Yep, he's cool. I was sitting outside of Hi-Corbett field one morning waiting for a buddy of mine outside of the clubhouse entrance - and up comes this big dude that reminded me of a tow truck driver or something. He asked if this was where the players came in, and I said "yeah." He started asking questions about Tucson, what there is to do, where to eat - random stuff like that. A few minutes later, Huston Street arrived and the two of them began to chat. Of course the big dude was Fasano. My buddy finally arrived, Sal shook our hands then walked inside. We had no clue he was a player until Street was there - as he was added to the non-roster invitee list the night before.
                              WAR? Prove it!

Comment

• hudsonharden
                                Athletics co-Moderator
                                • Sep 2003

First In-Person successes of 2012.

New Britain Rock Cats @ New Hampshire Fisher Cats
                                4/13/12

Rock Cats
                                Alex Wimmers

Fisher Cats
                                Kevin Howard
                                Justin Jackson
                                A.J. Jimenez
                                Mike McDade
                                Brian Van Kirk
                                Mark Sobolewski
                                Drew Hutchison
                                Brad Glenn

Last edited by hudsonharden; 04-14-2012, 04:43 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X