This election will close on January 21, 2012, at 7:00 a.m EST.
This is the first round for this franchise. The second round is here.
We inducted the following players:
Now the contributors: voting concluded
PLEASE READ THE FORMAT AND RULES SECTION BEFORE VOTING. THANK YOU.
FORMAT AND RULES
Purpose: The purpose of this project is to create a Hall of Fame for each franchise whereby each franchise will honor those individuals whose contributions and accomplishments are most notable, significant, and enduring to that franchise's history. This project is not about simply honoring those with the best statistics with each franchise.
Standards: Each franchise has its own unique history and context, and thus contributions and accomplishments that may stand out remarkably within one franchise's history, may not be so remarkable in another franchise's history. Standards from franchise to franchise will inherently vary, and thus there should be no impetus to create equal standards among the franchises or to aspire to the standards of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Consequently, subjectivity within the context of the franchise in question will play an inevitable role when considering an individual's contributions and accomplishments with respect to that franchise. In sum, a franchise's Hall of Fame should be unaffected by the standards and contexts of other franchises as well as the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and should be entirely a product of its own history.
Election Format: Elections will be conducted one franchise at a time starting in chronological order with the oldest continuously and currently operational franchise. Each election will last approximately five days.
- Ballot Size: Voters can select up to 15 players and 5 contributors per election. There is no minimum ballot size.
- Ballot Editing: To account for ongoing discussion, voters may edit their ballots as often as necessary through the end of an election.
- Election Percentage: Any individual that is listed on at least 75% of either the player or contributor submitted ballots will be elected to that team's Hall of Fame. In instances where an individual receive votes as both a player and a contributor, that individual will be elected if listed on at least 75% of ballots in either category or if the individual's combined vote total is at least 75% of the category with the greatest number of ballots submitted. However, a minimum of six votes is required to elect a candidate.
- Subsequent Rounds: After an election has been performed for each franchise, a second round of elections will commence, again proceeding in chronological order. A third round of elections (and perhaps beyond) may also be held depending on interest.
- Players: Players may be considered by any currently operational franchise for which they appeared and are eligible either immediately upon officially retiring or after having not appeared at any level of professional baseball for an entire season for reasons not due to injury.
- Contributors: Individuals that contributed in other capacities to a franchise may be considered, including managers, coaches, executives, owners, and broadcasters. Mascots are eligible. Contributors that are still active may only be elected by their current employing franchise, and cannot be considered by prior employing franchises until no longer active (this does not apply to individuals who are employed by a franchise only in nominal and/or non-integral ways, such as in scouting, consulting, or public relations capacities).
- Multiple Capacities: The totality of contributions and accomplishments with respect to a franchise are to be considered, and thus an individual can only be elected once by a franchise. For purposes of ballot size limits, an individual should be designated either a player or contributor based on what the voter perceives to be the individual's greater role with the franchise. An individual should not be listed as either a player or contributor merely to facilitate ballot space for the other category.
- Relocations/Renaming: Franchises that have relocated and/or been renamed, may still consider and elect individuals that were with the franchise prior to the relocation/renaming.
- Multiple Franchises: An individual may be considered and elected by multiple franchises.
- Founded: 1901 (AL for entire existence)
- Former Locations/Names: Cleveland Blues (1901), Cleveland Bronchos (1902), Cleveland Naps (1903-1914)
- World Series Championships: 2 (1920, 1948)
- Pennants: 5 (1920, 1948, 1954, 1995, 1997)
- Division Titles: 7 (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2007)
- Wild Card Berths: 0
The following links are all courtesy of baseball-reference.com, baseball-almanac.com, and wikipedia.com, and may assist voters in determining an individual's impact on this franchise:
- Franchise Almanac
- All Batters
- All Pitchers
- Batting Leaders
- Pitching Leaders
- Most Common Positional Starters
- Most Common Pitching Staff Alignments
- Notable Owners and Executives
- Notable Broadcasters
- MVP Recipients (3): Al Rosen (1953), Lou Boudreau (1948), George Burns (1926)
- Cy Young Recipients (3): Cliff Lee (2008), C.C. Sabathia (2007), Gaylord Perry (1972)
- RoY Recipients (4): Sandy Alomar Jr (1990), Joe Charboneau (1980), Chris Chambliss (1971), Herb Score (1955)
- Batting Triple Crown (0):
- Pitching Triple Crown (1): Bob Feller (1940)
Multiple All Star Selections (no adjustment for double selections for 1959-1962)
Notable Managers (with at least 300 games managed with this franchise or at least one pennant win)Code:Rank Player Selections t1 Lou Boudreau 8 t1 Bob Feller 8 t3 Larry Doby 7 t3 Ken Keltner 7 t3 Bob Lemon 7 t6 Sandy Alomar Jr 6 t6 Earl Averill 6 t6 Sam McDowell 6 t9 Jim Hegan 5 t9 Kenny Lofton 5 t11 Albert Belle 4 t11 Rocky Colavito 4 t11 Mel Harder 4 t11 Vic Power 4 t11 Manny Ramirez* 4 t11 John Romano 4 t11 Al Rosen 4 t18 Roberto Alomar 3 t18 Bobby Avila 3 t18 Carlos Baerga 3 t18 Gary Bell 3 t18 Mike Garcia 3 t18 Joe Gordon 3 t18 Doug Jones 3 t18 Victor Marinez* 3 t18 Charles Nagy 3 t18 C.C. Sabathia* 3 t18 Grady Sizemore* 3 t18 Jim Thome* 3 t18 Omar Vizquel* 3 t18 Early Wynn 3 t32 Max Alvis 2 t32 Jim Bagby 2 t32 Dick Donovan 2 t32 Ray Fosse 2 t32 Frankie Hayes 2 t32 Jeff Heath 2 t32 Rollie Hemsley 2 t32 George Hendrick 2 t32 Brook Jacoby 2 t32 Jim Kern 2 t32 Harvey Kuenn 2 t32 Dave LaRoche 2 t32 Jose Mesa 2 t32 Minnie Minoso 2 t32 Dale Mitchell 2 t32 Ray Narleski 2 t32 Gaylord Perry 2 t32 Herb Score 2 t32 Dick Stigman 2 t32 Johnny Temple 2 t32 Andre Thornton 2 * Player is currently active
Code:Manager Games Win % WS Titles Pennants Div Titles Wild Cards Bill Armour 431 .543 Ken Aspromonte 480 .458 Joe Birmingham 368 .471 Lou Boudreau 1389 .529 1 1 Pat Corrales 637 .441 Alvin Dark 588 .453 Doc Edwards 380 .455 Lee Fohl 647 .513 Dave Garcia 491 .503 Joe Gordon 335 .549 Mike Hargrove 1312 .550 2 5 Walter Johnson 349 .516 Napoleon Lajoie 700 .550 Al Lopez 930 .617 1 Charlie Manuel 410 .537 1 Steve O’Neill 373 .496 Roger Peckinpaugh 975 .505 Frank Robinson 375 .496 Tris Speaker 1139 .543 1 1 Birdie Tebbetts 538 .518 Jeff Torborg 358 .439 Eric Wedge^ 1134 .495 1 ^ Currently managing another franchise