Thread: Moscoso & Outman traded for Seth Smith

Moscoso & Outman traded for Seth Smith

Semi good news! We finally made a move that makes sense - but at the cost of Moscoso & Outman. Smith never had a chance to play much in the crowded Rox outfield. I've had a chance to meet him a couple years ago and he's a very nice guy - so I'm hoping he helps as a clubhouse presence. Lastly, he's a great athlete. He was a back-up QB for Eli Manning at Ole Miss - kinda cool I think.

Still, Moscoso has great potential. He's a 15 game winner with some run support.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/new...s_oak&c_id=oak
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Yes! This trade makes sense! Moscoso looked pretty good and Outman may or may not look good after recovering from TJ surgery. Someone has to try to fill the gap left by Willingham's departure and I don't believe it'll be Chris Carter.

I hoping that Michael Taylor ( 6' 5"/ 250) starts showing some power at the plate...

I hear you both.

It would be nice to see Grant Green come up sooner than later - that is unless he's traded away too.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Enjoy Seth Smith, he should be a great pick up, he is fast and hustles. I think in Colorado he got the short end of the schtick...This year, Cudyer, Gonzales and Smith might have been a better make up than subtracting Smith and keeping Fowler. We'll see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso7x View Post
    Enjoy Seth Smith, he should be a great pick up, he is fast and hustles. I think in Colorado he got the short end of the schtick...This year, Cudyer, Gonzales and Smith might have been a better make up than subtracting Smith and keeping Fowler. We'll see how it works out.
    so far it looks like a good trade..I think Morosco was sent to the minors and Outman had a slight problem while throwing up....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...155606447.html

I was starting to have my doubts about this trade since Seth Smith wasn't considered to be a starting outfielder by the Rockies. But both Moscoso and Outman looked bad in spring training with the Rockies.