Thread: 1907 Post-Season Awards Thread

1907 Post-Season Awards Thread

Starting this season, teams will only need to vote for top 5 players for MVP, and Ol Hoss award winners. And top 2 for Rookie of the Year
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Here are batting stats sorted by OPS, and pitchers sorted by ERA
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Top rookie of the Year candidates:

Walter Johnson, LAQ - 7-12, 2.45 ERA, 143IP, 81K, i Shutout
    Nap Rucker, LAQ - 11-18, 2.97 ERA, 236IP, 127K, 0 Shutout
    Bobby Byrne, DET - .270 AVG, .306 OBP, .325 SLG, 13 2B, 6 3B, 3 HR, 59R, 67 RBI, 8SB
    George Bell, DET - 16-16, 2.95ERA, 262IP, 81K, 5 Shutouts
    John Kane, KK - .238 AVG, .296 OBP, .333 SLG, 11 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 55 R, 48 RBI, 37 SB

ROY
    Bobby Byrne
    George Bell

MVP
    Beaumont
    Cobb
    Crawford
    Magee
    Wagner

HOSS
    Plank
    Lundgren
    Glade
    Siever
    Young
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

ROY
    George Bell, Tigers - helped anchor a pitching staff that out-performed expectations
    Bobby Byrne, Tigers - arguably the 2nd best hitter on a 90-win team

MVP

Ty Cobb, Rams - Tied for the batting title, Led league in RBI's and top ten in runs scored. Add to that 32 SB's and you have an MVP season.

Sherry Magee, Pioneers - 4th in batting average, 102 runs scored and 92 RBI's for the division champions.

Honus Wagner, Kumquats/Sharks - Another stellar season. top 10 in batting average, doubles, Home Runs, runs, stolen bases, and RBI's

Elmer Flick, Pioneers - Batting average was low, but his production was still awesome.

Ginger Beaumont, Tigers - Batting average co-leader, he was the best offensive player on a team that won 90 games

Ol Hoss

Cy Young, Tigers - 24-7 record speaks for itself. His 2.23 ERA was still top 10 material.

Mordecai Brown, Angels - had he pitched through the end of the season, the Angels have a shot at winning the division, and he walks away with the award. Most dominant pitcher in baseball

Eddie Plank, Bums -Nice to see Plank finally living up to his potential. lost a lot of games, but with a 1.80 ERA, i think a lot of that wasn't his fault.

Carl Lundgren, Inmates - 17-8 record with a sub 2.00 ERA for a team that finished in 4th place. He was pretty dominant this season.

Harry Howell, Spiders - With apologies to Bender and Walsh, had to find a spot for the best player on the division winning Spiders. 3rd in wins and 11th in ERA
    Last edited by rmadachik; 08-21-2014 at 11:20 AM.

RoY
    Nap Rucker - Rucker put up similar ERA to Bell over a comparable number of innings, but with more K's. He also did it with a terrible defense behind him
    George Bell

MVP
    Ginger Beaumont
    Sam Crawford
    Honus Wagner
    Ty Cobb
    Sherry Magee

Old Hoss
    Eddie Plank
    Mordecai Brown
    Carl Lundgren
    Cy Young
    Harry Howell
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

MVP
    1. Ginger Beaumont - Amazing season, my definitive choice for MVP
    2. Sam Crawford - Anchor for Fargo
    3. Ty Cobb - Stellar season
    4. Honus Wagner - Great stats overall
    5. Spike Shannon - My Dark Horse candidate - Impressive work not to mention 77 SB!

Ol Hoss
    1. Mordecai Brown - 0.91 WHIP and many other impressive stats, my winner
    2. Carl Lundgren - Very impressive stats for the year
    3. Jake Weimer - "Dark Horse candidate for Ol Hoss" - I think his record would have been better without the number of unearned runs crossing the plate. Impressive overall stats
    4. Eddie Plank - Monster season
    5. Chief Bender - I could honestly put him anywhere in 2-5, all of these guys were impressive

RoY
    1. Nap Rucker - I have to agree with my colleague from LAQ, with solid defensive support, he would have been even better
    2. George Bell - Solid stats
    "I propose to fight it out on this line, if it takes all summer." - US Grant
    http://https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/General_Ulysses_S._Grant.jpg

ROY
    Bobby Byrne
    Nap Rucker

MVP
    George Beaumont
    Ty Cobb
    Sam Crawford
    Honus Wagner
    Sherry Magee

HOSS
    Mordecai Brown
    Eddie Plank