Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Dodgers Season Thread

2012 Dodgers Season Thread

With less than one month 'til players report to Spring Training, there's no time like now to begin the 2012 Season Thread.
    Yesterday was the unofficial beginning of a new era at Chavez Ravine, as the initial bids from prospective new owners were submitted to what's his name. I see several familiar names, but many more that are new to me. I am, as we all are, hopeful that the new owners of the team are hard working, genuine, baseball fanatics.
    Here's the link to the story from the team site: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...ews_la&c_id=la
    I do hope that we the fans have a chance at some point to hear from the prospective owners as to their "vision" for the future. Obviously, the bit in the story about Prince still being an option is attractive, but it seems to me that signing him is still a long shot. If Loney can get his head right and play confidently as he did the latter part of 2011, I think it will help the team a great deal. He obviously isn't going to hit 40 dingers (barring he pulls a "Bautista"), but 20 HR and 80 RBI would be wonderful. Personally, I question his attitude and drive some days, and with his off-season "moving violation" problems, I an anxious to see if he comes to ST ready to prove himself.
    At the other corner of the diamond, let's all hope that either Uribe slims down and gets serious or Kennedy/Hairston Jr. can platoon effectively enough to survive the year. It is frustrating to me that 3B doesn't seem to be taken very seriously, but the money is not there and it doesn't look like it's going to be a priority any time soon.

It's time for Dodgers Baseball . . . let's get the 2012 talk going!
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

It's cute, they sent us a packet with all the season ticket-mini plan info in it and an invoice printed up for 500 smackers! I might consider the bobblehead plan if they call me and give me a big discount, but i should be boycotting until we are finally rid of Bozo #1 and Bozo #2 (Unfortunately we are in for a few more years of Bozo #3 now that the owners gave him an extension) plus i mostly like going to fireworks nights and the Koufax bobble will probably be the only good one.

I got this MLB Insider packet in the mail as well, they say it's $1 a month and you get all kinds of goodies, they're supposed to be sending me a free Dodger blanket

I was hoping to see the team in Houston and Seattle this year, but right now it doesn't look likely.
    22 League Pennants

Assume nothing; Question everything

Dodgersfan323, can you help me with Bozo #3's name?
    Why the negativity? Let's ALL get behind the team and manager.
    Last edited by bhss89; 02-17-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

The excitement builds . . . Dodgers' trucks arrive safely at Camelback Ranch. First ST game in only 18 days!

About 15 miles East of Blue Heaven on Earth, Dodger Stadium
    The truck arrived yesterday and who was at Camelback already? Beastmode Matt Kemp! 4 more days till Pitchers and Catchers report.

There is going to be a FanFEst at Camelback Ranch for both the Dodgers and White Sox on March 3rd. My friends and I are planning to do a turnound trip for that day. My Opening Day tickets at Petco Park arrived yesterday for my friend Lorena and I. Next is the arrival of my Dodger Season tickets. I don't let the ownership interfere with the enjoyment of the game I love to watch and the team. Looking forward to seeing Kershaw at Petco and at Dodger Stadium. 4 more days till Pitchers and Catchers report.

Quote Originally Posted by crzblue View Post
    There is going to be a FanFEst at Camelback Ranch for both the Dodgers and White Sox on March 3rd. My friends and I are planning to do a turnound trip for that day. My Opening Day tickets at Petco Park arrived yesterday for my friend Lorena and I. Next is the arrival of my Dodger Season tickets. I don't let the ownership interfere with the enjoyment of the game I love to watch and the team. Looking forward to seeing Kershaw at Petco and at Dodger Stadium. 4 more days till Pitchers and Catchers report.
    Exciting! Wish I had a way to get to/pay for ST. Things are looking up and I am thrilled to be a Dodgers fan! I believe in Donnie and I believe in the team! Go Big Blue!

Just sayin' . . . Kemp's WAR for 2011 was 8.3. 8.3. Wow.
    Last edited by bhss89; 02-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Spring Training updates

For those of you fortunate enough to attend ST, please post updates HERE in the 2012 thread. Thank you from a Dodgers fanatic stuck here in COLD Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89 View Post
    For those of you fortunate enough to attend ST, please post updates HERE in the 2012 thread. Thank you from a Dodgers fanatic stuck here in COLD Indiana.
    I will. I am heading to an event at the West Covina library. It is presented by the Baseball Reliquary titled "Occupy Chavez Ravine: The “Blue Bum” Paintings of Stephen Seemayer. It is at 3PM but the exhibition will be ther until the beginning of March.
    Details in my blog http://crzblue.mlblogs.com

Thank you, crzblue, as usual, for your updates and great info. I look forward to see any pics you can post here or at your blog about the Baseball Reliquary show and Spring Training.

First pics from Camelback!

As usual, Jon SooHoo is taking great Spring Training pics! Here are the initial ones from the first P/C workouts.

Boy, here's hoping Harang pans out!!

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ph...807100&c_id=la

"Baseball weather" here in IN today, but I sure do wish I could make it out to AZ!

A nice story about a Dodgers bat boy getting to play for the team:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...ig-league-shot
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

We had a blast this weekend. There were seven of us in a rented Dodger Blue mini van. Six women and a men. Jon SooHoo took a picture of us. you can see it in the Dodger site photo gallery for 3/4 or his blog http://dodgersphotog.mlblogs.com/201...-gallery-3412/ the fourth picture is our group of 7. Picture #5 has Los Angeles Dodgers veterans Billy Delury, Jaime Jarrin, Ramon Martinez, Alejandro Pena, Tommy Lasorda and Charlie Hough Sunday, March 4, 2012 in Glendale, Arizona. Jon SooHoo/Los Angeles Dodgers 2012

Leaving work soon. Very tired but we had so much fun. going back in two weeks.
    Emma

Hi all! I have been on a Baseball Fever Sabbatical but now the season has started I am back to join in the chat. A good start to the season tonight, under new ownership. Here's to a winning season and a layoff berth at worst!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

What a happy bunch of Dodger fans!!

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Don't get too excited, this is the Dodgers we're talking about.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Team win last night as the Dodgers gutted out the win. Capuano was a great addition. Now if Harang can at least be good (not asking for great), the rotation is, for the time being, looking solid.
    And I have to believe that the clubhouse atmosphere is very positive due to Mattingly . . . and I believe that it can (and will) remain that way throughout the long season.

Positive thoughts, positive outcomes CD!

Aaron Harang has set a new Dodger record for consecutive strikeouts with 9 in a row in the first 3 innings tonight, and he is not finished yet!! Two more and he has the MLB record.

Now that was different!! I was very confused when that triple play went down in the top of the 9th. I did not know what was happening and I am sure many of the Padres and the spectators were equally as mystified. But when the dust settled and I saw again what happened I was amazed. When I played Rugby I was always coached to "play to the whistle" and that is just what A.J.Ellis and the Dodgers infield did!! It was a great piece of quick thinking which caught the Padres totally off guard!!
    9-1 is a wonderful start but on the road against some better teams may test them out. 9 wins under the belt is fantastic and these are 9 wins they don't have to get later in the year.

I am saddened to read that Dodger fans booed Guerra as he left last night's game. Embarrassing for all Dodger fans. What courage he showed by staying on the mound after the line drive.
    The team is 13-6, which is a fantastic start, and a few bumps in the road has the boo birds out. To quote Fat Albert, "No class".

Guerra did not deserve to be booed off the field. But after tonight he needs to look at his pitching, having nearly blown the game. That was a crazy finish and the Dodgers can be thankful for a few things, including that great play by Hairston in not only robbing a hit but turning it into a double play, the horrible pitching of Rodrigreuz and of course Kemp's winner. A win is a win is a win, but, wow, they had to tough this one out!!

Fun fact: Matt Kemp has 12 home runs. The Padres as a team has hit 11 home runs. The entire Cubs team has 9 home runs in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    The entire Cubs team has 9 home runs in April.
    But they still beat the Blue boys in game 1 of the series.

Raised a Yankee, Mattingly Is Happy to Be a Dodger
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/sp...pagewanted=all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast