Thread: Anyone going to Redsfest? (December 2-3)

Anyone going to Redsfest? (December 2-3)

I'm going to miss Friday night (going to see Guns N' Roses instead), but will be standing in lines all day Saturday!

http://www.reds.com/redsfest

I have a seminar in Blue Ash Friday so I might as well stick around the area.

Have fun at the GNR show.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    JEDI

Make sure you bring some stuff to get autographed. Unfortunately they will not be having the baseball card giveaways like they did a few years ago. That was one of my favorite freebies, but they didn't have them last year and won't this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    Make sure you bring some stuff to get autographed. Unfortunately they will not be having the baseball card giveaways like they did a few years ago. That was one of my favorite freebies, but they didn't have them last year and won't this year either.
    Good tip, that was the route I was thinking og going for items to autograph. Guess I'll make a stop at my local shop first.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    JEDI

I traveled from NC to the Nati for RedsFest. Got in line about 10:30 on Friday so I was one of the first 30 in the building on Friday. Nabbed Homer Bailey and Yonder Alonso within the first five minutes of the signings beginning and had an awesome Friday night. I was targeting certain players on Saturday and I did not have as much luck but the quality was there. I have a couple of projects that I am working on and I wanted to complete those!

Quote Originally Posted by icee82 View Post
    I traveled from NC to the Nati for RedsFest. Got in line about 10:30 on Friday so I was one of the first 30 in the building on Friday. Nabbed Homer Bailey and Yonder Alonso within the first five minutes of the signings beginning and had an awesome Friday night. I was targeting certain players on Saturday and I did not have as much luck but the quality was there. I have a couple of projects that I am working on and I wanted to complete those!
    Awesome! I was able to get Tom Browning on his 1985 Donruss, my 5th or 6th sig from that team set so far. Also got Mesoraco, O'Toole, Harmon, Cardenas, Berry, and Helms.

I am working on a poster print from the home run that Jay Bruce hit to win the Central. I nabbed Aroldis Chapman, Homer Bailey, Ryan Hanigan, Sam LeCure, Bronson Arroyo, and Travis Wood on that poster to go along with Edinson Volquez, Paul Janish, Yonder Alonso, Mike Leake, Juan Francisco, Chris Valaika, Brandon Phillips, Drew Stubbs, Chris Heisey, and Jonny Gomes who I got last summer. Got Votto and Rolen on a 2011 All Star baseball. Got Doug Flynn, Chuck Harmon, Pat Darcy, Bobby Tolan, Jeremy Horst, and Yonder Alonso on OMLB's. Got Harmon on two photographs, Jim Maloney on a photograph, Jim O'Toole on a photograph. Nabbed Chris Sabo and Ron Oester on a mini-helmet. We got Tommy Helms and Lee May on a poster print as well. Also got Bronson Arroyo to sign the cover of his CD. My wife helped me so that is why I had such a huge two days. We really worked hard on it both days. Had a great time. Now looking forward to the Caravan. I have gone to RedsFest for the past three years and I have not gone to the Caravan any of those years as the players in my area, I had gotten in Cincinnati!!! We will see about this year. If Brandon Phillips is on the Southern leg, I will definitely attend. I want to get him on a canvas print.

The only time I have attended a Caravan was in Dayton a couple of years ago, with Jay Bruce, Todd Benzinger, Todd Frazier, and one of the Castellinis. It was very well attended. I recommend getting there early to make sure you get a spot in line...there were several turned away at Dayton.

The two or three years that I went it was in the Charleston Towne Centre in Charleston, WV for two years and it was at the Huntington Mall one year. I remember the year that it was in Huntington, they had Ryan Wagner, Todd Van Poppel, Chris Sabo, and Don Gullett on the tour so it has been awhile. The last one that I attended in Charleston, Brandon Phillips was on the tour. It was very well attended and as I recall no one had to be turned away. On that particular tour, the Reds HOF had an exhibit there and there was a breath taking photo of Crosley Field from behind the plate and it appears that photo was taken under the facade of the upper deck because you can see the overhang in the photo. I found that same photo framed on EBay recently and purchased it for $12.95...a real haul if I might add!!! I wish they would release the names of the players that are going to be on the Caravan this year.