Thread: Could Bryce Harper break Hank Sauer's record?

Could Bryce Harper break Hank Sauer's record?

Suppose the Nationals leave Bryce Harper in AAA for all of 2012 (I know, won't happen). Do you think he would have a shot at Hank Sauer's record for single season home runs for the Syracuse Chiefs? Sauer hit 50 in 1947.
    http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

No. Nats' manager Davey Johnson has a man-crush on Harper. If he doesn't bring Harper to Washington out of spring training he mostly certainly will bring Harper to Washington if Harper has something like 25-30 HRs at AAA in early June.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

If he starts mashing the ball, he'll undoubtedly get brought up. But suppose they left him down all season. Could Harper hit 50 HRs in one AAA season?
    http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

COULD he?

Yes.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

I live less than 50 miles from Syracuse, so if Harper isn't on the Nats coming out of Spring Training, I plan on going and seeing this phenom for myself. Should be interesting.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890

will harper even start the season at AAA? last year he played most games at A.

I would asume that he starts the season at AA and then gets promoted pretty quickly to AAA when he tears AA apart.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Well, let's see him hit 1, 2, 3 before we talk about 50.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    will harper even start the season at AAA? last year he played most games at A.

I would asume that he starts the season at AA and then gets promoted pretty quickly to AAA when he tears AA apart.
    I imagine that depends on how he performs in Spring Training, but I think he'll be in Syracuse soon enough, if he doesn't start the season there.
    "Tactics were resorted to, unworthy of fair, manly players" - Brooklyn Eagle, June 12,1890