Thread: Whitesox to wear 72 home uniforms on Sundays.

Whitesox to wear 72 home uniforms on Sundays.

This is pretty cool that the Sox are wearing throwback 1972 uniforms on Sundays this season. Probaly one of the best uniforms they had.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

If I could i'd post a picture of Robin Ventura in the 72 uniform alongside Bill Melton. They do look pretty good.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    If I could i'd post a picture of Robin Ventura in the 72 uniform alongside Bill Melton. They do look pretty good.
    this one?
    http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...:0&tx=83&ty=35
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Thx yeah that was same picture I wanted to post. I cant copy and paste on my web tv or phone.

Yeah. Those look great.

Sent from my iPhone
    Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

I have had the pleasure of watching games at: Comiskey Park, Comiskey Park II, Wrigley Field, Jacobs Field, Municipal Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Miller Park, Yankee Stadium (The one and only), and Fenway Park.

Quote Originally Posted by 1983whitesox View Post
    Yeah. Those look great.

Gosh, I don't recognize the White Sox these days, not a bad uniform in sight. In fact, they're pretty darn good.

Is the sky falling?

Those are pretty sharp looking. I usually don't like a lot of the "gimmicky" throwback styles, but these are kind of cool.

Nice, but the red pinstripes smack too much of the Phillies.
    The Evil Empire shall strike back again!
    http://litbases.wordpress.com/

Snazzy! That was a great uni.
    Will they be smoking in the dugout like Dick Allen did in his '72 MVP season?

Always liked those and the road blues of my youth, 72 topps if you will, bring on Wilbur Wood!

I wonder if MLB and the MLBPA would let them wear this one for a throwback/disco day

That's with the shorts

and NOT like this
    Last edited by drdg; 04-18-2012 at 06:01 PM.

My god, those shorts AND the stupid lapels....holy crud.
    BTW, that guy Chappas also played under the names John Cangelosi and Craig "Little Hurt" Grebeck.

The shirts on the 1977-1981 uniforms would be pretty cool if they didnt have those collers. I like the lettering on em. I was at the Sox game last night and I saw alot of really nice looking uniforms other fans had on.

I hear the Whitesox will wear the 1983 uniforms on Sundays for 2013.