5. Tennessee Pioneers - South Side Park
    6. Seattle Dragons - Robison Field
    7. Anaheim Angels - Washington Park
    8. Laquey Sharks - Lloyd Street Grounds
    9. Richmond Rams - Oriole Park
    10. Detroit Tigers - Bennett Park
    11. Asylum Innmates - Baker Bowl
    12. Jamestown Express - Columbia Park
    Last edited by rmadachik; 02-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

1901-present Stadium Ratings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    West Side Grounds
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Even though it's 1901, can we select a ballpark from a later era? Maybe that's been covered, but I haven't seen it.

the park you choose has to be from the 1901 season. you keep that park every year so you need to see how the ratings progress from year to year in order to know how it will affect your team.

Lighthouse point bums are on the clock ..... even though there is no clock

Quote Originally Posted by rmadachik View Post
    Lighthouse point bums are on the clock ..... even though there is no clock
    Okay, then.... I assume that we keep a park only as long as it was actually in use? Then move to a different park?

In any case, I'll take

Exposition Park,

even though the outfield often flooded during games in the Spring.

Thats correct Ron .... once a park is out of use you may switch parks. teams also get one free move per decade if they wish.

TMI backround. Living in Stevens Point, WI, our D-III basketball program has been very successful. In the past Dick Bennett and his brother Jack coached our Pointers. Dick moved on the UW-Madison. Dick’s son Tony, now head coach at the U. Virginia, dribbled circles around our son in YMCA basketball. Therefore, I am proud to have the Kalamazoo Kumquats play in Bennett Park. Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Spiders will kep their franchise in their home stadium League Park I in Cleveland, OH

The Pioneers will play in South Side Park.

stadium graphics are updated on team pages on our website. Also let me know what you want to do with your team logo if you haven't already done so so I can finish up the team pages.

stadium graphics are updated on team pages on our website. Also let me know what you want to do with your team logo if you haven't already done so so I can finish up the team pages.
    I am not very good with logos either so I will just take whatever you have for it. Also my name is spelled wrong on the site. It is Jason. Thanks!
    Last edited by jaybird_1981; 02-12-2012 at 10:08 AM.

tigershark.jpg

This is the pic I want (maybe edit out the reflection). I don't know how to add my team name.
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    I am not very good with logos either so I will just take whatever you have for it. Also my name is spelled wrong on the site. It is Jason. Thanks!
    What are you talking about? The Iron logo is great! Let me see what I can do.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Thats correct Ron .... once a park is out of use you may switch parks. teams also get one free move per decade if they wish.
    I'm just a little confused here Rich. I thought that if we took a park, when the real team switched parks (like Pittsburgh from Exposition Park to Forbes Field in 1909) that we inherited the new park. Was I wrong about that - we can just switch to any other available park? Or do we get first option on the new park but take another one if we don't want the new park?
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

if an owner wants to change to the new park they would have dibs on that. but since park factors change so drastically in the earlier years of park building I want owners to have the chance to opt out if a park closes

if an owner wants to change to the new park they would have dibs on that. but since park factors change so drastically in the earlier years of park building I want owners to have the chance to opt out if a park closes
    I'm good with that arrangement and agree completely with the reasoning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    What are you talking about? The Iron logo is great! Let me see what I can do.

Yes but I didn't make that I found the picture.

dragons are on the clock

Dragons will play at Robison Field

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    Yes but I didn't make that I found the picture.
    Oh, OK. I could have worked something up for you, but the one Rich did looks really good to me. If there's anything you might want changed, let me know, but that one looks great to me.

Angels are pleased to announce they will play their home games in Washington Park
    "A ballplayer has to just go out and be mean. You can't play half-heartedly. If you do, there's someone right over your shoulder that'll take your job away. If you don't do your job, what they're paying you for, why should they pay you? You just can't put in eight hours, that's what a lot of people don't realize about athletes. Very few people realize the pressure." Dave Kingman

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Angels are pleased to announce they will play their home games in Washington Park
    Drats, good choice Garry. I was hoping that one would sneak through. There will only be five parks left when I pick. It will be interesting to see where I end up.

I'll take the Lloyd Street Grounds
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast