Thread: ELO Rater Draft: Season Thread

ELO Rater Draft: Season Thread (JUDGES WANTED!)

In order to determine how well people did in the ELO Rater draft, we will hold a mock season with no playoffs. Each team will face each other team in a home-and-home series of six games. A panel of three judges, none of which who were draftees will then determine who wins what games. Teams will be given one day of rest in between series.

PLEASE SIGN UP HERE IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE ELO DRAFT AND WISH TO JUDGE.

Each owner will present a paragraph of 100 words or less describing how they want to manage the team. This will help the judges determine how the games progress. Please PM me with your managerial paragraph and I will combine them with your roster information, then post the managerial profile here. Please, no statistical tables.

Also, please indicate your stadium dimensions and whether you want to go strict four-man, part-time five-man or strict five-man rotation. Judges, please take the fatigue of a four-man rotation into account as these games will be played in modern style (a.k.a. please use statistics relative to league average when old-school or new-school pitchers face fatigue issues).
    Last edited by J W; 02-14-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Season Results

Judges:

Placeholder

J W- I assume that judges will have easy access to our rosters, lineups/rotations, and be encouraged to use them for evaluation. Correct? I also assume that in our 100 word essay we're not supposed to focus on our team capabilities/strengths- just tactics/strategies. Also correct?

I'm thinking we might draw up more interest using a different thread name. Usually whenever I see draft threads which i'm not a part of I skip right past em. I'm guessing most others do too.

Maybe a shocking headline would help like Dodgers moving back to Brooklyn or we could just go with a simple one like Judges Needed headline.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

bumping thread to garner interests for judges.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

I'll give this the rest of the week to see if anyone wants to help out. Perhaps you're right about the thread title Chisox.

Yeah, we should probably edit the thread title, and maybe post in History.
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Yeah posting it in the history section is very good idea. Everybody loves lists and alltime teams in that section. I think Tyruss said he would judge if needed.