X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik Bedard
    all of the time
    • Feb 2006

The Gold Sox trade their 1984 3rd round pick to the Hard Cider for the current pick in this draft. Jason will confirm.

So as not to hold up the draft any further, the Gold Sox select Tim Lollar.

Comment

• jaybird_1981
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
      The Gold Sox trade their 1984 3rd round pick to the Hard Cider for the current pick in this draft. Jason will confirm.

So as not to hold up the draft any further, the Gold Sox select Tim Lollar.
      The Hard Cider confirm.

Comment

• leecemark
        • Apr 2004

--Garry will be unavailable the next 2 days and asked me to pick from his list. The Angels select SP Bruce Hurst.

Comment

• Windy City Fan
          Bitter Optimist
          • Aug 2003

The Tyrants select Ken Phelps.
          "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
          - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
          - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• jaybird_1981
            • May 2008

The Iron would be interested in one of the upcoming 3rd round picks if the player I want is still available.

Comment

• catcher24
              The Tools of Ignorance
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by scubadan View Post
              It will be fun seeing who you guys think the "other CF" is that was better than Milner because I'm totally missing that. Once the guy has been drafted, I would be happy to share the logic in why I thought Milner was the right pick or how stupid I was for drafting him.
              Never a stupid pick, Dan. It's all in how you view the guy. Your B+ guy might be my C guy, and vice verse.
              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• rmadachik
                • Mar 2010

The Beavers Select

3B/SS Glenn Hoffman
                glenn_hoffman_autograph.jpg
                Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• catcher24
                  The Tools of Ignorance
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
                  The Tyrants select Ken Phelps.
                  He just couldn't have lasted two more picks! The first three seasons are worthless, and two others he's not used an awful lot, but that 1984 seasons along is worth the pick at this point, and he has HUGE resign value, especially with a 30% HTD. One of the guys I had rated ahead of Milner (along with Lollar and Williams).
                  You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• dust bunnies
                    • Oct 2008

Are there two Glenn Hoffmans out there? The one I have as a rookie in 1984 has 80 PA with a 32OPS+. Yikes
                    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                      Bitter Optimist
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
                      He just couldn't have lasted two more picks! The first three seasons are worthless, and two others he's not used an awful lot, but that 1984 seasons along is worth the pick at this point, and he has HUGE resign value, especially with a 30% HTD. One of the guys I had rated ahead of Milner (along with Lollar and Williams).
                      Phelps is a guy I've been eyeballing for a while now, in fact I toyed with the idea of drafting him in the second round. I'm a little surprised he lasted this long and I'm very happy to snag him. With the 110% rule, Phelps will give the Tyrants almost 400 PA as a top notch slugger in 84. Playing in Fulton County Stadium, I expect him to do well. And as you said, his resign value is great for that 86 - 88 stretch. He's never a full time player, but when he does play he's very productive.
                      "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                      - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                      - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• catcher24
                        The Tools of Ignorance
                        • Feb 2004

At least three guys I wouldn't mine taking here, but I guess I'll go with greatest need, and take

virgil.jpg

OZZIE VIRGIL, CATCHER

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                          all of the time
                          • Feb 2006

Virgil and Phelps were two of my three highest rated players remaining. One more guy I'd love to have, and then a pretty big dropoff.

Comment

• jaybird_1981
                            • May 2008

Blah the Iron wanted Virgil.

Comment

• catcher24
                              The Tools of Ignorance
                              • Feb 2004

I was a bit surprised that he lasted this long. A catcher with two useful seasons as a backup and then two decent seasons as a starter this late in the draft is fine with me.

Comment

• rmadachik
                                • Mar 2010

Gamblers continue to re-tool their bullpen by adding

Andy Rincon
                                th_135-andy-rincon-front.jpg
                                Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X