Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 1901 Player Re-Draft Thread

--Concur. You could delay designating someone til you wanted to sign an extra player, but once designated they would be out for the season.

I think any of the plans proposed just adds complexity and extra rules to the issue. Let's not go down that road again, because it just leads to trouble. I say just add the two extra slots up front, set the roster limit at 32 rather than 30, and forget about all of the caveats and ins and outs and what nots. If you run into an issue with a 32 man roster, then you'll just have to drop someone before signing anyone else.
    Last edited by catcher24; 03-20-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --Concur. You could delay designating someone til you wanted to sign an extra player, but once designated they would be out for the season.
    But even putting someone out for the season doesn't really force you to make a tough decision of who to drop. I still say go with 32 and then you'll have to drop someone if you run into usage issues. I guess that's my stand on this particular issue.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    Lew- have you updated the players selected lists lately?
    No Ron. I made my picks late last night and kind of forgot about it. See, that's why I suggest you remind me. Here are the lists of players already taken:

Real-life pitching register - Picked Pitchers.txt

Real-life batting register - Picked Batters.txt

Quote Originally Posted by leecemark View Post
    --An hour and 10 minutes left fro Inmates to correct their pick. Tigers on deck.
    What's the time limit rule now? I wasn't sure how you arrived at 9:54 am (EDT) as the cutoff. I think I could make my pick now but I don't want to jump the gun on Jack.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Blog Entries
    Twelve hours from when Lew last picked, which was 9:53 last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Twelve hours from when Lew last picked, which was 9:53 last night.
    Duh...thanks Dan. I remember we talked about 2 hours and 4 hours after the bad pick and couldn't figure it out based on those criteria. Sorry to hold things up.

I'd like to make this pick further down in the draft but I'm not sure this guy would make it back to me and I need a CF for one year while I wait for Slagle to blossom. With the 99th pick in the 1901 draft, the Detroit Tigers select:

George_Van_Haltren_1904.jpg

OF George Van Haltren and sign him to a 2 year contract.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by scubadan View Post
    Duh...thanks Dan. I remember we talked about 2 hours and 4 hours after the bad pick and couldn't figure it out based on those criteria. Sorry to hold things up.

I'd like to make this pick further down in the draft but I'm not sure this guy would make it back to me and I need a CF for one year while I wait for Slagle to blossom. With the 99th pick in the 1901 draft, the Detroit Tigers select:

George_Van_Haltren_1904.jpg

OF George Van Haltren and sign him to a 2 year contract.
    Rats! Another sleeper gone. I sure hope others are feeling similar pain.

Blog Entries
    Funny you took Van Haltren there Dan, because I'm about to take a guy at a similar point in his career for much the same reason: Tom Daly on a three-year deal.

Delete note. My comments not valid.
    Last edited by dust bunnies; 03-20-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Inmates take P Mike O'Neill and sign him for 4 years. Am looking through offers for Nap. Will contact you all soon.
    Keep those offers coming. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    Rats! Another sleeper gone. I sure hope others are feeling similar pain.
    Considering how often that happens to you, you can't actually expect to get almost any of these guys though.

Also, I haven't felt that way pretty much at all. Since I know almost nothing about anyone after like the first two rounds, I don't view anyone as potential sleepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    Considering how often that happens to you, you can't actually expect to get almost any of these guys though.

Also, I haven't felt that way pretty much at all. Since I know almost nothing about anyone after like the first two rounds, I don't view anyone as potential sleepers.
    Wel, I knew Van Haltren was a very good player, and 1901 was his last good season. I was hoping to pick him up for 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post

deleted- duplicate message.

the draft timer is 12 hours for the first 20 rounds . . . then 8 hours for the last 10.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

wade on the clock for another 2 hours
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Funny you took Van Haltren there Dan, because I'm about to take a guy at a similar point in his career for much the same reason: Tom Daly on a three-year deal.
    Came within an eyelash of selecting Daly with my last pair of picks, but decided I had to go with someone who provided a bit more over the first four or five years. A bit surprised to see him get a three year deal, though.

With the 101st pick the Anaheim Angels select...Jack Sutthoff He gets a 3 year deal.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    Came within an eyelash of selecting Daly with my last pair of picks, but decided I had to go with someone who provided a bit more over the first four or five years. A bit surprised to see him get a three year deal, though.
    His 1903 isn't bad either, especially not for 2M, and I need someone to play second in 1902 when Murphy only has 300 PA.

----I suspect the 1901 Angels will set a record for fewest runs scored that will be tough to beat.

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast