Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 1901 Player Re-Draft Thread

What would REALLY be nice would be if when someone makes a pick, they list the time and who's up next.

Blog Entries
    The time is posted automatically, but yeah, it'd be great if people could say when they were making makeup picks and when someone else got skipped.

Now now people I know this is a long process and there isn't much talent left which makes it drag on even more. Lets get through it as quickly as we can and on to the season.

273. Cleveland Spiders - expired at 5:14 AM (makeup due)
    274. Kalamazoo Kumquats - on the clock until 1:14 PM
    275. Lighthouse Point Bums - on deck
    Last edited by Sockeye; 04-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    "A ballplayer has to just go out and be mean. You can't play half-heartedly. If you do, there's someone right over your shoulder that'll take your job away. If you don't do your job, what they're paying you for, why should they pay you? You just can't put in eight hours, that's what a lot of people don't realize about athletes. Very few people realize the pressure." Dave Kingman

Spiders select George Rohe for 1 year

Kalamazoo still on the clock til 1:14pm EST since my pick was a makeup pick
    Lighthouse point on deck
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Kalamazoo Kumquats select Frank Murphy and sign him to a one year contract.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

275. Lighthouse Point Bums - on the clock until 8:19 PM
    276. New Orleans Barons - on deck
    "A ballplayer has to just go out and be mean. You can't play half-heartedly. If you do, there's someone right over your shoulder that'll take your job away. If you don't do your job, what they're paying you for, why should they pay you? You just can't put in eight hours, that's what a lot of people don't realize about athletes. Very few people realize the pressure." Dave Kingman

The Lighthouse Point Bums select Jack Ryan for 3 years.

It's now 2:25 PM EDT. New Orleans is on the clock until 10:25 PM EDT.

I may be wrong but it looks like people are going out of their way to find something to complain about. Isn't this supposed to be fun ? And maybe let us forget the day to day struggles of surviving life? Post the time? When it is clearly listed in the post ! Complain that I did not say I was making up a missed pick? When I put up 3 players so I can get to bed is wrong. Making up my pick when I am late is wrong. Geez, cut me a break !!!
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Seems like quite a few of us are getting testy- that's unfortunate.

The Lighthouse Point Bums select Billy Milligan for 1 year.

It's now 10:31 PM EDT. The Kumquats are on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by buppers View Post
    I may be wrong but it looks like people are going out of their way to find something to complain about. Isn't this supposed to be fun ? And maybe let us forget the day to day struggles of surviving life? Post the time? When it is clearly listed in the post ! Complain that I did not say I was making up a missed pick? When I put up 3 players so I can get to bed is wrong. Making up my pick when I am late is wrong. Geez, cut me a break !!!
    Calm down Ed. Some of the posts were my fault. I didn't look far enough back and so I thought Garry had picked too soon and put up a post. As has been the case so often lately, that turned out to be a mistake, which started the domino effect, as so often can happen. Guess I'll never learn. Let's you, me and everyone else just keep on making our picks and get this season under way. You and I can restrict our harassment to each other, and have a good time.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post

I think because (1) the draft is taking pretty long and guys want to start the actual season, and (2) we're down to a group of guys left in the draft pool whose talent more closely resembles a cesspool. So patience has gotten a little thin.... I think some us - myself certainly included - need to step back, take a deep breath and remember this is for fun.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

And New Orleans has two make up picks coming whenever they get a chance.

The Kalamazoo Kumquats select Jim Jones and sign him to a two year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    Calm down Ed. Some of the posts were my fault. I didn't look far enough back and so I thought Garry had picked too soon and put up a post. As has been the case so often lately, that turned out to be a mistake, which started the domino effect, as so often can happen. Guess I'll never learn. Let's you, me and everyone else just keep on making our picks and get this season under way. You and I can restrict our harassment to each other, and have a good time.
    I actually enjoy all of the whining and apologizing. Keep up the good work. Jack

Suggestions for how we can improve aren't necessarily complaining.

And I specifically wasn't complaining about you not posting that it was a makeup (unless you were talking about someone else's post)
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

If everyone on the thread stops bickering, what will I do for entertainment?
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Stare out the window and wait for spring...?
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Spiders select Bill Cristall for 1 year

My selection was made 1 hour after my clock ran out so the clock had already began for the next selection therefore -
    Tennessee on the clock til 4:30 EST - New Orleans with 2 makeup picks can select at any time
    Last edited by rmadachik; 04-14-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Chicago - The town that the World Series forgot
    We'll get some spare pitching. Not good pitching, but spare pitching. Barney McFaddenand Jack Bracken one year each
    "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
    - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
    - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by rmadachik View Post
    Spiders select Bill Cristall for 1 year
    It was a hard decision for me between Billy Milligan and Bill Cristall. I sweated this one for a long time!

It was a hard decision for me between Billy Milligan and Bill Cristall. I sweated this one for a long time!
    Agonizing over whether to take the trash or the garbage can make for a long afternoon, Ron. I can barely wait to make my next two picks!
    Last edited by catcher24; 04-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
    Agonizing over whether to take the trash or the garbage can make for a long afternoon, Ron. I can barely wait to make my next two picks!
    At this point in the draft, I think you could just about put the names in a hat to draw out your pick and not do an worse than putting any thought into it.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

281. Tennessee Pioneers - expired 4:30 PM (makeup due)
    282. Seattle Dragons - on clock until 12:30 AM
    283. Anaheim Angels - on deck
    Last edited by Sockeye; 04-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

--The Dragons are proud to select Dick Braggins!

With the 282nd overall pick the Anaheim Angels select....Bill Fox He gets a 1 year deal.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast