• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zito75
    A's Super Moderator
    • Jun 2003

Manny working out w/ A's, deal looks close

Still not sure how I feel about this. He'll be making the league minimum which is good - still he'd be stealing a roster spot from a younger & possibly more deserving player. After briefly looking at his stats over the last few seasons he played, it's safe to say he's in a tailspin.

The official website of the Oakland Athletics with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett
  • John Shoemaker
    • Nov 2006

I think it would be a great move by the A's. I don't think Manny is done playing baseball.

Comment

• Edgartohof
      • May 2004

Hey, if they can get him cheap enough, he could be a decent addition to the team. Could at least draw in some more fans...

Comment

• Zito75
        A's Super Moderator
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
        Hey, if they can get him cheap enough, he could be a decent addition to the team. Could at least draw in some more fans...
        Maybe so... He needs to sit out 50 games first.
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• raysnbran
          Clubhouse Lawyer
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
          That's what WE thought last year, and he lasted a week. We lost Longoria to an oblique and Manny to the pee cup in the span of a week and went 0-6 to start the season. How we got in on the last day is still a wonder (thanks Boston)
          Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• Zito75
            A's Super Moderator
            • Jun 2003

I just heard on ESPN that the Manny deal is in place and he's now an Athletic. One thing I know - I won't be drafting him on my fantasy squad!
            WAR? Prove it!

Comment

• John Shoemaker
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
              I just heard on ESPN that the Manny deal is in place and he's now an Athletic. One thing I know - I won't be drafting him on my fantasy squad!
              I will as soon as I can.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X